Frankie reads 2016

frankie

Lovely book choices. I love getting an unexpected book buying session handed to me like that!  :smile:

Re Bob Dylan, I'm 'fraid I'm with your boss on this one!  :blush2:  I am delighted, and think it is great to include all flavours of wordsmith into the prize. 

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely book choices. I love getting an unexpected book buying session handed to me like that!  :smile:

I know, it's pretty amazing to have a pleasure like that given to you! It was my first ever book gift card... :wub: One of the best presents ever :D

I think you would be pleased to know I was looking for Jasper Fforde books. But you would be equally disappointed to know there weren't any. :unsure::( :( :( What has happened to that bloody bookstore. There used to be Jasper Fforde books there!!!!!

Re Bob Dylan, I'm 'fraid I'm with your boss on this one!  :blush2:  I am delighted, and think it is great to include all flavours of wordsmith into the prize.

:D I'm happy you're delighted :) It was only my opinion, and, well, the Swedes do what they do... :giggle2::giggle: Personally, I think I'll have to come to terms with the fact that there's always next year :D

Edited by frankie

I didn't have a good September either! But yeah for new books :) My dad gives me an Amazon gift card every year for my birthday- best gift ever!

My dog Luka has an ear like that too! I absolutely love it.

I'm glad you read two good books in September :).

I hope you like all of your new books :)! The Finnish cover for The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry looks nice :), mysterious (I loved the book btw). Does the Finnish title mean the same thing, or does it say something different? In Dutch sometimes the translated book has the same cover as the original, sometimes the book has a different cover. Which one I prefer, really depends on the book. Sometimes the original, sometimes the Dutch cover.

And why did Bob Dylan win the Nobel Prize in literature?? Most bizarre news I've read in a while. I was talking about this with my Boss the other day... I'd read an article where it said that Haruki Murakami was a strong contender, and I got excited. Then my Boss said people have been speaking about Bob Dylan, and I was like, whaaaat? He's not an author... :rolleyes: And then the next day I read that Bob Dylan got the prize. :thud: Boss was happy, I was not. Boss loves poetry and has written poems herself (and has self-published one book which I've read, and I liked it, by the way!) and so she was way more understanding about Dylan's victory as I was. What the f.

I'm with you, I don't quite get it either. I wouldn't object at all to him winning some kind of music prize (though I've personally never heard much of his music, so I couldn't comment on if I like his music or not), but it seems kind of odd that he'd get the literature prize. If we include musicians for a literature prize, well there are a lot of musicians out there with good lyrics. It just doesn't fit. I feel the person who wins the literature prize, should have written at least a couple of novels. Or some novellas, short stories and / or poems. I have nothing against Bob Dylan but I do feel it's odd a musician won the prize for his song lyrics, rather than an author winning the prize for their novels (novellas / short stories / poems).

I don't know if I'll see Mokka again... :(  As much as I love him and would love to see him on a regular basis, and as much as his owner is a fun, nice lady, I'm too socially awkward to have asked for her number when I still had the chance. I would feel rather shy, going to see her just to get to see her dog. She's from the same area as me and she's fun, but I think I'd struggle to find things to talk about. :unsure: (Yes, I know we could always talk about Mokka, but I wouldn't want her to think I'm meeting her just because of him... Even though that would be the truth :blush: If you know what I mean!) However, my Boss and the woman exchanged numbers and so I'm hoping Boss will want to ask her to visit some day, when I'm at work :smile2: That would be swell! 

Maybe you could ask your boss to ask Mokka`s Mum if you could volunteer to help out and walk the dog, if your boss phones her ? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late replies! :blush: 

I didn't have a good September either! But yeah for new books :) My dad gives me an Amazon gift card every year for my birthday- best gift ever!

Sorry to hear about your poor September! Have things picked up for you reading-wise? I hope so! :) Your Dad gives the best presents! :D He's the best!! 

My dog Luka has an ear like that too! I absolutely love it.

Awww! You should post pictures of him more often :P 

I hope you like all of your new books :)! The Finnish cover for The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry looks nice :), mysterious (I loved the book btw). Does the Finnish title mean the same thing, or does it say something different? In Dutch sometimes the translated book has the same cover as the original, sometimes the book has a different cover. Which one I prefer, really depends on the book. Sometimes the original, sometimes the Dutch cover.

The Finnish title for the novel is Tuulisen saaren kirjakauppias, which would translate to The Windy Island's Bookseller :)  I like the Finnish title, but I do prefer the original. I like the sound of 'The Storied Life' very much. 

I'm with you, I don't quite get it either. I wouldn't object at all to him winning some kind of music prize (though I've personally never heard much of his music, so I couldn't comment on if I like his music or not), but it seems kind of odd that he'd get the literature prize. If we include musicians for a literature prize, well there are a lot of musicians out there with good lyrics. It just doesn't fit. I feel the person who wins the literature prize, should have written at least a couple of novels. Or some novellas, short stories and / or poems. I have nothing against Bob Dylan but I do feel it's odd a musician won the prize for his song lyrics, rather than an author winning the prize for their novels (novellas / short stories / poems).

We are in total agreement :friends3:   It's been a bad year for me, book prize -wise: not only was Bob Dylan a poor choice for the Nobel prize in my opinion, the author I thought would get listed for the Finnish book award prize (the Finlandia prize) was not nominated, at all :thud:  

Yes I thought maybe he'd written a book as well!

Have they at least published his lyrics as a book...? :unsure: 

Maybe you could ask your boss to ask Mokka`s Mum if you could volunteer to help out and walk the dog, if your boss phones her ? :)

That's an idea, thanks :) But that would also include me being in contact with Mokka's Mum and at the moment I'm in too much of a socially awkward mood that I don't feel like doing that :) Let's hope my Boss will ask the two of them for a visit soon! 

I've not been much on here because work's been exhausting, and mojo's taken a big dump on my life and there's been not much of reading. 

However, book buying wise my life's been beautiful :D I went to a charityshop on 21.10.2016. I think I needed some book buying therapy. Anyhow, I found some great books! 

Beyond Ugly by Constance Briscoe (This is the sequel to Ugly, which is a memoir that I really enjoyed reading back in 2013. I think some would call it one of those mis mems. My thoughts on that book here. I was very happy to find this sequel, so I can finally read it!)

Pyhiesi yhteyteen by Jari Tervo (This is one of my favorite Finnish books and after reading the book I just knew I would want to re-read it and I would have to have my own copy of it. Found it! :exc:)

The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton (I've heard of Morton's novels and I think they are supposed to be great! :smile2: I hope they are standalones and one doesn't have to read them in any particular order...)

Kirje maan ääriin by Annika Luther (I've read Luther's Opettajainhuone which I really loved, and then I added this book by her on my wishlist, too. I was very happy to find a copy!)

Pussikaljaromaani by Mikko Rimminen (This came out as a movie a few year's ago, I want to watch it but first I have to read the book, of course...!)

Marina by Carlos Ruiz Zafón (I hope this is good!) 

I got the first two novels for 1,50€ and 2€ respectively, and the last four were on a 4 paperbacks for 1€ -deal. A bargain! 

post-4458-0-03323600-1478363652_thumb.jpg

(The green stickers will be coming off, I've just not had the time to do it before)

Edited by frankie

My second book haul event, on 29.10.2016, will go down in my personal book-related history :wub: There's an annual book fair in Helsinki in the fall, and I've always dreamed about going there. I've always envied people who live in Helsinki and can go there easily. I have no idea why I didn't go when I first moved to Espoo, as it's close enough to Helsinki, and I certainly don't know why I didn't go last year, when I'd moved to Helsinki. The great big building where they host all the different sorts of fairs is in Pasila, which is my neighboring part of city!! It's 5 minutes by tram!!! :thud:

Anyhow. So, I've never been before, and I didn't think I'd go this year... I thought it would be expensive, and it would be sad having to go alone (none of my friends read, except for 2 people, one of whom is always busy with other stuff and the other person doesn't live in Helsinki). But then on Tuesday, on the week of the book fair, I checked the price of the tickets, I thought, I now have the job, I have money, and I should totally go!! So I got myself a ticket. 

Fast forward to Saturday. I was soooo excited that morning! A friend of mine was going with another friend, and we'd decided to meet up, and I was going to a book fair! On top of that, I would get to see Paperi T talk about his new book of poetry, his debut. Paperi T is a Finnish rapper who's really made it big over here in Finland and as much as I don't listen to rap, I love his songs. He throws in literary references in his songs and whatnot, and I think he's on a completely other level compared to the rest. So you can imagine how excited I was. But I was afraid that I wouldn't get to see him because I knew it was going to be really crowded. 

It was crowded, but I got there in good time and found the stage where he'd be interviewed and got myself a seat in the front row a good 45 minutes before he was supposed to be on :D I listened to some author talking about her book and got interested in that. Then I saw two Sami short films which I really liked. And then there he was, Paperi T. And me, sitting in the front row! :wub::D

Anyhow... Afterwards I went to buy his poetry book and waited in line to get his autograph. I had no idea he would be signing books, it had never even crossed my mind! I guess I hadn't dared hope... I was so nervous but I thought, I have to do this, I can't NOT go! He was so nice... I told him about how I'd gone to his gig a few months ago and we talked about it and then I just thanked him. Made me smile for the rest of the day!! :smile2:

I found other great books, too. I didn't go see any other authors because I was totally overwhelmed by the event (also, there weren't other authors I was that interested in... The book fair was a 4 day thing and the other authors I would've liked to see were there on different days.), and I kept going around the second hand books section :D I got the following books for 2€ each: 

The Rabbit Back Literature Society by Pasi Ilmari Jääskeläinen (I read this book last year or the year before that and completely loved it! One of the best Finnish novels I've ever read. Was so psyched to find a copy! :wub:)

Harjukaupungin salakäytävät by Pasi Ilmari Jääskeläinen (Another novel by the same ^ author. I have this on my wishlist and now I have my own copy!)

Kultahammas by Inna Patrakova (A funny novel by a Finn/Russian that I read a few years ago.)

Opettajainhuone by Annika Luther (In my previous post I wrote how I'd found another book by her at a charityshop, and so I was completely thrown off when I found a copy of this :wub: Such good luck!)

The Case of the Missing Books by Ian Sansom (I've read and loved this.)

4 of the books I bought are books I've already read, but they are all one of those books which I have wanted / want to re-read some day and so I'm extremely happy to have found copies of them :)

And pictures: 

post-4458-0-19554900-1478364829_thumb.jpg

post-4458-0-09839100-1478364838_thumb.jpg

post-4458-0-22737800-1478364849_thumb.jpg

Edited by frankie

^ I forgot to add in my previous post: I was sad beforehand that I would have to go alone, but then found out a friend was going there and that we could meet up. Well, when I got there, I was just utterly overwhelmed. I was like a kid in a candy shop. No, better yet: candy factory! You can think I'm selfish, but at some point I just decided that I'm going to go wherever I want and whenever I want, and if my friend is having lunch at the same time as I am, great, we can meet. But if her schedule clashes with my timetables and desires, I would have to go with what I wanted. This was my first ever book fair in Helsinki, and I'll see my friend another time... And in the end we didn't get to meet :blush: But I didn't mind at all, I was actually secretly very happy that I went alone because I didn't have to make any compromises about which author I wanted to go and see and I didn't have to wait around for another person when I was all ready and eager to move on to do something else. I was so happy and relieved to be alone! :blush::D It was the best ever!! Best day!!! :wub: 

October reading summary: 

45 - Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty  3/5 

46 - Be Frank with Me by Julia Claiborne Johnson 3/5 

47 - Nina Is Not Okay by Shappi Khorsandi 4/5 

Not many books read, and not very high ratings but it's still something. 

Edited by frankie

43. Slammed by Colleen Hoover

AmazonLayken's father died suddenly, leaving her to gather every ounce of strength to be a pillar for her family, in order to prevent their world from falling apart. Now her life is taking another unexpected turn… 

Layken's mother gets a job which leads to an unwanted move across country. However, a new home means new neighbours… and Layken's new neighbour is the very attractive Will Cooper. 

Will has an intriguing passion for slam poetry, and a matching passion for life. The two feel an irresistible attraction but are rocked to the core when a shocking revelation brings their romance to a screeching halt. 

Layken and Will must find a way to fight the forces that threaten to tear them apart… or learn to live without each other.

Thoughts: Having previously loved Confess by Colleen Hoover, I was looking forward to this. But I was heavily disappointed. The great big earth shattering reveal I thought was rather boring and such an old story. I lost much of my interest after that. I did finish but was very much underwhelmed. 

I thought maybe this was just a bad one by Hoover, but I recently started reading It Ends with Us by her and could feel myself grinding my teeth right after only reading a few pages. I think I won't bother with the rest of her novels. 

2/5

45. Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty

Amazon: Despite their differences, Erika and Clementine have been best friends since they were children. So when Erika needs help, Clementine should be the obvious person to turn to. Or so you'd think.

For Clementine, as a mother of a two desperately trying to practise for the audition of a lifetime, the last thing she needs is Erika asking for something, again.

But the barbecue should be the perfect way to forget their problems for a while. Especially when their hosts, Vid and Tiffany, are only too happy to distract them.

Which is how it all spirals out of control...

Thoughts: Again, a new novel by an author whose previous novels I've enjoyed a great deal! And again, a bit of a disappointment. The story and the characters just didn't do anything for me, not in the way they did in Big Little Lies, for example. This was still a decent read, but just not the best. 

3/5

Edited by frankie

46. Be Frank with Me by Julia Claiborne Johnson

AmazonMeet Frank - a modern nine-year-old boy with the wit of Noël Coward and the wardrobe of a 1930s movie star.

Meet Mimi Banning - a reclusive literary legend and mother to Frank. Mimi has been holed up in her Bel Air mansion for years, keeping her secrets, hiding from the world. Until Alice.

Meet Alice - a level-headed young woman who finds herself thrust into the Banning household, charged with looking after Mimi's unusual son. In so doing, Alice discovers a part of herself she never knew was missing.

Full of heart and humour, Be Frank With Me is a captivating and unconventional story of an unusual mother and son, and the intrepid young woman who finds herself irresistibly pulled into their unforgettable world.

Thoughts: I liked the set-up and I liked the sound of the characters. I expected this to be a lot more fun, though!! It said in my copy that this would be a humorous book, and there were bits that were funny, but in many ways I found this book very sad :(  I liked the book, but I didn't find it very unique. But one thing I have to say is that Frank indeed left his mark in my mind, I keep thinking about him still :) 

3/5

47. Nina Is Not Ok by Shappi Khorsandi

AmazonNina does not have a drinking problem. She likes a drink, sure. But what 17-year-old doesn’t? 

Nina’s mum isn’t so sure. But she’s busy with her new husband and five year old Katie. And Nina’s almost an adult after all. 

And if Nina sometimes wakes up with little memory of what happened the night before , then her friends are all too happy to fill in the blanks. Nina’s drunken exploits are the stuff of college legend. 

But then one dark Sunday morning, even her friends can’t help piece together Saturday night. All Nina feels is a deep sense of shame, that something very bad has happened to her…

A dark, funny - sometimes shocking - coming of age novel from one of the UK’s leading comedians. NINA IS NOT O.K. will appeal to fans of Caitlin Moran and Lena Dunham.

Thoughts: Oh wow. This was something else. This was funny. When things started to happen, I would cringe and think, oh my dear, this can't get any worse, and then it did. It was so cringey! I was wanting to make Nina stop whatever she was doing, and at the same time I felt sympathy towards her. And while the book was funny, it was also really, really sad. I thought it dealt very well with the subject matter and I thought it was very believable. The end was lacking a bit, and I think I was waiting for a few other things to happen, but all in all I liked this book. 

I've tried reading Caitlin Moran's and Lena Dunham's books and I've not liked them one bit, but I do see why these books are mentioned in this context. 

4/5

The Finnish title for the novel is Tuulisen saaren kirjakauppias, which would translate to The Windy Island's Bookseller :) I like the Finnish title, but I do prefer the original. I like the sound of 'The Storied Life' very much.

That's a nice title too :). 'The Storied Life' is great as well.

We are in total agreement :friends3: It's been a bad year for me, book prize -wise: not only was Bob Dylan a poor choice for the Nobel prize in my opinion, the author I thought would get listed for the Finnish book award prize (the Finlandia prize) was not nominated, at all :thud:

Awww I'm sorry to hear that.

Have they at least published his lyrics as a book...? :unsure:

I agree with you about Bob Dylan. It's odd, some people feel it's deserved and some really don't. I would say it'd be a must of his lyrics being published as a book. I still think it's odd to give a musician the literature award. It should be given to someone who has written at least a couple of novels in my opinion. Bob Dylan may or may not deserve a musician's award (I don't know, I haven't heard his music), but it's not right to give him the literature award.

However, book buying wise my life's been beautiful :D I went to a charityshop on 21.10.2016. I think I needed some book buying therapy. Anyhow, I found some great books!

I'm glad you found some great books :)! And such good deals too!

The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton (I've heard of Morton's novels and I think they are supposed to be great! :smile2: I hope they are standalones and one doesn't have to read them in any particular order...)

I haven't read the book yet, but I bought it years ago in the belief it was a standalone. I think it is but I'm not 100% sure.

My second book haul event, on 29.10.2016, will go down in my personal book-related history :wub: There's an annual book fair in Helsinki in the fall, and I've always dreamed about going there. I've always envied people who live in Helsinki and can go there easily. I have no idea why I didn't go when I first moved to Espoo, as it's close enough to Helsinki, and I certainly don't know why I didn't go last year, when I'd moved to Helsinki. The great big building where they host all the different sorts of fairs is in Pasila, which is my neighboring part of city!! It's 5 minutes by tram!!! :thud:

I'm happy you had a great time!

The Rabbit Back Literature Society by Pasi Ilmari Jääskeläinen (I read this book last year or the year before that and completely loved it! One of the best Finnish novels I've ever read. Was so psyched to find a copy! :wub:)

I'm glad you got some nice books :). I saw this book recently and bought it, thinking of you. I'm glad it comes highly recommended.

I was so happy and relieved to be alone! :blush::D It was the best ever!! Best day!!! :wub:

It's so nice you had such a great day :)!

Not many books read, and not very high ratings but it's still something.

Shame it wasn't your best reading month in terms of books or ratings. I'm glad you were able to read something though.

I thought maybe this was just a bad one by Hoover, but I recently started reading It Ends with Us by her and could feel myself grinding my teeth right after only reading a few pages. I think I won't bother with the rest of her novels.

Aww, what a shame neither of those books were enjoyable for you :(. I've heard good things from people on BookTube and on book blogs about her books. I don't think they are for me, though.

Thoughts: Again, a new novel by an author whose previous novels I've enjoyed a great deal! And again, a bit of a disappointment. The story and the characters just didn't do anything for me, not in the way they did in Big Little Lies, for example. This was still a decent read, but just not the best.

I've heard similar reviews from a couple of other people. Shame it wasn't as good as Little Big Lies.

I'm glad you found some great books :)! And such good deals too!

I'm still oh so very happy about the two book hauls :D I have the books on my table, I don't want to shelf them yet... :blush: I want to be able to see them :smile2: 

I haven't read the book yet, but I bought it years ago in the belief it was a standalone. I think it is but I'm not 100% sure.

But how can we defend the fact that we are both too lazy to finally check whether her books are standalones or not :giggle2::D 

I'm glad you got some nice books :). I saw this book recently and bought it, thinking of you. I'm glad it comes highly recommended.

Oh yay!! I hope you will enjoy it very much! :smile2: I'm keeping my fingers crossed! 

I've heard similar reviews from a couple of other people. Shame it wasn't as good as Little Big Lies.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was beginning to think my reading has turned so sour I wouldn't even recognize a good read if I had one :D:unsure::D I just found out about another novel by her that was published at the beginning of the year. I think I have heard about it before, but I never read it because they didn't have a copy at the library. They've now acquired one, so I've reserved it. I hope it will be better! 

48. The Keeper of Lost Causes by Jussi Adler-Olsen

Amazon: (Originally published in the UK as Mercy)

At first the prisoner scratches at the walls until her fingers bleed. But there is no escaping the room. With no way of measuring time, her days, weeks, months go unrecorded. She vows not to go mad. She will not give her captors the satisfaction. She will die first.

Copenhagen detective Carl Mørck has been taken off homicide to run a newly created department for unsolved crimes. His first case concerns Merete Lynggaard, who vanished five years ago. Everyone says she's dead. Everyone says it's a waste of time. He thinks they're right.

The voice in the dark is distorted, harsh and without mercy. It says the prisoner's torture will only end when she answers one simple question. It is one she has asked herself a million times:

Why is this happening?

Thoughts: I reserved this book from the library after reading an intriguing article about the author, Jussi Adler-Olsen. I also like all things Danish so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to read some Danish literature. It felt odd that I hadn't even heard of the man before... Or at least the name had not made an impression on me, as I'm sure I've walked by his novels at the library. 

The crime case in itself wasn't as fascinating as I was hoping, but I liked Carl Mørck and his assistant. The two of them weren't perhaps as defined and deep as in some other thriller favorites of mine, but I'm hoping to get to know them better in the next novel. The writing was fine and I hope this series will prove to be a great reading experience. 

3/5

Glad to hear you're buying lots of books even if you're not reading lots, it's all book activity, right? :)

The Forgotten Garden is indeed a standalone read, it is many years since I read it but I know I loved it when I did, The House at Riverton was ever so slightly better in my opinion, but it was marginal.

In case it gets lost in the Book Activity thread, I just wanted to say go ahead and read Whippoorwill by Joseph Monninger. It was an excellent, mature YA read and whilst the dog was a central character there is a lot more to the book. I won't deny there aren't a few sad moments but the good far outweigh the bad and you will be glad you did read it. (I hope) :)

Glad to hear you're buying lots of books even if you're not reading lots, it's all book activity, right? :)

Yep it is :D Sometimes you read more than you buy (well, hardly ever, but sometimes... :giggle2:), and sometimes you buy more than you read. I've just had other stuff on my mind and it's made me lose a lot of interest in reading. I'll get back on track some day! Shouldn't stress about it, really, because that only makes it worse. 

The Forgotten Garden is indeed a standalone read, it is many years since I read it but I know I loved it when I did, The House at Riverton was ever so slightly better in my opinion, but it was marginal.

Ah yes, The House at Riverton is the one which I've thought about reading many, many times. It's one of those books that I think I will love :smile2: Thanks for letting me know they are standalones :D Too lazy to check myself... :rolleyes::D 

In case it gets lost in the Book Activity thread, I just wanted to say go ahead and read Whippoorwill by Joseph Monninger. It was an excellent, mature YA read and whilst the dog was a central character there is a lot more to the book. I won't deny there aren't a few sad moments but the good far outweigh the bad and you will be glad you did read it. (I hope) :)

I just commented in the BA thread, but I'm only happy to see you reinforce the matter here in my thread :smile2: I'll now know there will be a few sad moments, but that it will be okay in the end. And which doggy book didn't have any sad moments? I mean, even The Art of Racing in the Rain was definitely sad at times. Now that I think about it, I don't think I can recall one single happy-go-lucky doggy book. 

48. The Keeper of Lost Causes by Jussi Adler-Olsen

Amazon: (Originally published in the UK as Mercy)

At first the prisoner scratches at the walls until her fingers bleed. But there is no escaping the room. With no way of measuring time, her days, weeks, months go unrecorded. She vows not to go mad. She will not give her captors the satisfaction. She will die first.

Copenhagen detective Carl Mørck has been taken off homicide to run a newly created department for unsolved crimes. His first case concerns Merete Lynggaard, who vanished five years ago. Everyone says she's dead. Everyone says it's a waste of time. He thinks they're right.

The voice in the dark is distorted, harsh and without mercy. It says the prisoner's torture will only end when she answers one simple question. It is one she has asked herself a million times:

Why is this happening?

Thoughts: I reserved this book from the library after reading an intriguing article about the author, Jussi Adler-Olsen. I also like all things Danish so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to read some Danish literature. It felt odd that I hadn't even heard of the man before... Or at least the name had not made an impression on me, as I'm sure I've walked by his novels at the library. 

The crime case in itself wasn't as fascinating as I was hoping, but I liked Carl Mørck and his assistant. The two of them weren't perhaps as defined and deep as in some other thriller favorites of mine, but I'm hoping to get to know them better in the next novel. The writing was fine and I hope this series will prove to be a great reading experience. 

3/5

Oh, I saw the film recently ! Not bad, and certainly more nail-biting as it went on. There are 2 more films after it, too. :)

Oh, I saw the film recently ! Not bad, and certainly more nail-biting as it went on. There are 2 more films after it, too. :)

Oh wow, I didn't know there was a movie! I definitely want to watch it/them. Especially as I've just googled the movie info and Nikolaj Lie Kaas plays the role of Carl, and he is one of my most favorite Danish actors. So handsome :wub::giggle2: 

Congrats on your book haul and Book Fair visit. :)

Off to look up that Rabbit Back book. :D

Thanks! I'm still very hung up on last weekend :D And I hope you will be sorely tempted to try out the Rabbit Back book :D 

Oh wow, I didn't know there was a movie! I definitely want to watch it/them. Especially as I've just googled the movie info and Nikolaj Lie Kaas plays the role of Carl, and he is one of my most favorite Danish actors. So handsome :wub::giggle2:

It wasn`t my favourite film ever, but I`d really like to see the 2nd film; I liked the interaction between the two leads. :) Did you watch The Killing S3 with Your Hottie in it ?  :)

Thanks! I'm still very hung up on last weekend  :D And I hope you will be sorely tempted to try out the Rabbit Back book  :D

I`ve Kimpled it, and like the look of it - plus, I can`t recall reading anything else by a Finnish author, so that`s a big plus. :)