Lauraloves Reads 2016

lauraloves

Great review! I'm glad you enjoyed City of Fallen Angels :). Good to know it ends on a huge cliffhanger, I always like knowing that kind of information (without knowing what the cliffhanger is of course as I hate being spoiled). I hope you enjoy the last 2 books in the series :).

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Laura says, glad they go over everything that's happened before, as it's about a year since I read the last one, although I can vaguely remember what happened.  I may start watching the movie of the first book soon.

I'm up to this book in the series as well, and want to get started on the Infernal Devices too.

I want to read the Infernal Devices but I think I'm going to finish Mortal Instruments first :)

Great review! I'm glad you enjoyed City of Fallen Angels :). Good to know it ends on a huge cliffhanger, I always like knowing that kind of information (without knowing what the cliffhanger is of course as I hate being spoiled). I hope you enjoy the last 2 books in the series :).

Thank you :) I'm pleased I've already got the next book in the series to start as that would have annoyed me not being able to find out what had happened if say the next book hadnt been released!

Thank you :) I'm pleased I've already got the next book in the series to start as that would have annoyed me not being able to find out what had happened if say the next book hadnt been released!

That would totally annoy me too! It's why I usually prefer to wait until a series has been fully released. I can't stand huge cliffhangers.

That would totally annoy me too! It's why I usually prefer to wait until a series has been fully released. I can't stand huge cliffhangers.

I'm the same - the only problem I have when I've done this before is buying the whole series and then not liking it so I've been stuck with a series I dont like! So I've been trying to buy just the first in the series and if i like it then I'll buy some more. I always feel guilty about not reading books that I already own!

I'm the same - the only problem I have when I've done this before is buying the whole series and then not liking it so I've been stuck with a series I dont like! So I've been trying to buy just the first in the series and if i like it then I'll buy some more. I always feel guilty about not reading books that I already own!

Yes, it's really not nice when you buy them all and then are stuck with a series you don't like (trilogies for example, I often buy all three before reading them, but not always). Sometimes I buy just the first book too, and then read it, then decide if I want to buy the rest.

Yes, it's really not nice when you buy them all and then are stuck with a series you don't like (trilogies for example, I often buy all three before reading them, but not always). Sometimes I buy just the first book too, and then read it, then decide if I want to buy the rest.

The only downside that I find with this way is getting the covers to match haha - oh the problems we book lovers have!

33)Dream a Little Dream - Giovanna Fletcher

25798544._UY200_.jpg

Synopsis - Sarah is doing just fine. Sure she's been single for the last five years, and has to spend an uncomfortable amount of time around her ex-boyfriend, his perfect new girlfriend and all their mutual friends. And yes, her job as a PA to one of the most disgusting men in London is mind-numbingly tedious and her career is a constant disappointment to her mother. But it's really okay. She's happy (ish).

So it's not surprising that when Sarah starts dreaming about a handsome stranger, she begins to look forward to falling asleep every night. Reality isn't nearly as exciting. That is until her dream-stranger makes an unexpected real-life appearance, leaving Sarah questioning everything she thought she wanted.

Because no one ever really finds the person of their dreams... do they?

My Thoughts - This is the first book I've read by Giovanna Fletcher - however i do follow her and her husband Tom on Instagram/Facebook/Youtube etc and they both seem like very lovely people. I brought this book with my Christmas money last year and I've only just got around to it. It is a chick-lit book but I do like this genre of book every so often but it was very good. It was a very easy to read book and the plot is very easy going. It does deal with a few harder to read about subjects in the middle but i felt like it delt with them well. Its a perfect book for someone that hasnt quite been able to get over an ex boyfriend too. This is the first book that ive read by the author but it definitely wont be the last.

Rating - 4/5

I haven't read anything by Gi Fletcher - I too follow her and Tom as I really like them both. I had see somewhat mollycoddling reviews of her books, which seemed to be people saying 'this wasn't an amazing book but I really like Gi'. Maybe I'll give one a go, though.

I haven't read anything by Gi Fletcher - I too follow her and Tom as I really like them both. I had see somewhat mollycoddling reviews of her books, which seemed to be people saying 'this wasn't an amazing book but I really like Gi'. Maybe I'll give one a go, though.

It was definitely enjoyable as long as you like the genre if you get what I mean! Its not a genre I read loads but I do like it every now and again - especially if I've read a rather heavy going book before! I think as long as you bear in mind that its chick lit and you enjoy it then you should be ok :)

34)Local Girl Missing - Clare Douglas

51CV84VNwhL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Synopsis - Twenty years ago
21-year-old Sophie Collier vanishes one night.
She leaves nothing behind but a trainer on the old pier -
and a hole in the heart of her best friend Francesca.

Now
A body's been found.
And Francesca's drawn back to the seaside town she's tried to forget.
Perhaps the truth of what happened to Sophie will finally come out.
Yet Francesca is beginning to wish she hadn't returned.

Everywhere she turns are ghosts from her past.
The same old faces and familiar haunts of her youth.
But if someone knows what really happened to Sophie that night then now's the time to find out - isn't it?

Except sometimes discovering the truth can cost you everything you hold dear - your family, your sanity and even your life . . .

My Thoughts - I brought this book in the supermarket as part of the 2 books for £7 offer as it sounded really good and I'm pleased to say that it was really good. It was one of those books that you couldnt put down and wanted to read just one more chapter again and again and I ended up reading late into the night! its very much a 'who-dun-it' type of book and two or three times I thought I had worked out who had committed the crime and boy was I wrong! I also didnt see the twist at the end coming which absolutly blew my mind! I think I have another book by this author somewhere and I'll definitely be reading more!

Rating - 4.5/5

Edited by lauraloves

I've never heard of this book or author, but you make it sound really good! I'm going to add it to my 'books recommended by BCF members in 2016'-list. Great review, I'm glad you liked it so much :)!

Thank you :) I've just had a look and so far shes just had two books published (Local Girl Missing is the second) so fingers crossed that there will be more in the future - it was very good :)

• 2 months later...

Well - I cant believe that I've been away for two months again! Weve moved house now and sort of settled but we dont have any internet at all - weve been waiting for BT to connect it again and they are dragging it out far to much. I'm having to borrow MIL at the minute :) Ive also been so busy sorting the house - who new how much stuff you would aquire moving house and how much sorting that there was to do!

Ive also got all my books in one place now something that hasnt happened for two years. I'm so shocked with how many unread that I've aquired its so bad that I really need to work on getting that down next year - I'm off to make a book log for next year now and then catch up on all the posts :)