Claire's Book List 2016

chesilbeach

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty certain Willoyd said it didn't matter if it wasn't read first - I wasn't meaning to imply you ought to.  I just decided I'd like to as it was cheap and it's only about 6 hours long.  :)

Personal opinion, but yes, I don't think it matters.  I read The Warden long after Barchester Towers, and I'm sure it didn't affect my enjoyment of either: it was like reading a prequel.  Personally, I prefer the latter, but enjoyed both, and they work well side by side.

• 3 months later...

Oh dear, this thread, along with my reading has been seriously neglected over the last few months.  I know I've been indulging in other hobbies, but my mojo has also gone for a wander of late, and I just haven't felt in the mood for reading a lot of the time.  I've been given lots of books for Christmas and I'm hoping that they will give me the impetus to get going again in the new year!

After a great start to the year, I've only read a handful of books in the last quarter, so my total for the year is only 112.  That said, I've read some fantastic books this year, with both the English Counties Challenge and the Wainwright Prize longlist, so I'm not going to complain too much :giggle2:

​I'd like to think I can finish the English Counties next year, and I haven't read any Persephone books this year, so I'd like to make some inroads there too, but other than that, I'll just be trying to find my mojo again. :yes:

Only 112!  That's an amazing total, you have nothing to be ashamed of.

:lol:  Thanks, Madeleine.  I'm not ashamed, just a bit disappointed that I didn't feel like reading for a few months.  Even with all the great new books I've been given for Christmas, I'm still not mentally in the right place for them, and although I've read a couple, it's only been in fits and starts, which is not like me at all.  Fingers crossed it improves soon :D