Books You're Looking Forward To In 2016

Kylie

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came across this article on The Pool website - I love how the writer has split the books into various categories, and some interesting books to look out for in there.  I particularly like the look of some of the debut books, and on top of the ones I've already mentioned in this thread, I was reminded that Tracy Chevalier has a new book out next year called At The Edge of the Orchard and I've seen it praised elsewhere too, so I'm definitely going to be reading that one. :yes:

Yay!!!  I can't wait for the new Chevalier, Claire! :D  Looks like it comes out in March, days apart here in the US and in the UK.  

I have a lot of books I'm looking forward to in 2016 even though I still have to finish my list from 2015. I'll get caught up eventually! In the meantime, here is a list of some of the books I'm excited to purchase in 2016:

The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski

The Last Star by Rick Yancey

The Crown by Kiera Cass

The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead

Joe Hill - The Fireman

:jump:  I did not know this- thanks!!

Catherine Ryan Hyde will be out with a new book, Leaving Blythe River on June 14th:

Seventeen-year-old Ethan Underwood is totally unprepared to search for his father in the Blythe River National Wilderness. Not only is he small, scrawny, and skittish but he’s barely speaking to the man after a traumatic betrayal. Yet when his father vanishes from their remote cabin and rangers abandon the rescue mission, suddenly it’s up to Ethan to keep looking. Angry or not, he’s his father’s only hope.

With the help of three locals—a fearless seventy-year-old widow, a pack guide, and a former actor with limited outdoor skills—he heads into the wild. The days that follow transform Ethan’s world. Hail, punishing sun, swollen rapids, and exhausting pain leave him wondering if he’s been fooled yet again: Is his father out here at all? As the situation grows increasingly dire, Ethan realizes this quest has become about more than finding his dad.

Also, Lee Child will be out with the 21st Jack Reacher novel, Night School September 6th!

I can't remember if this has been mentioned in any of the links posted, but fans of Alan Bennett might be interested to know that 'Keeping On Keeping On, a third collection of lectures, diaries and other occasional writing, will be published this autumn' (Guardian).

The Mystery of the Jewelled Moth by Katherine Woodfine (YA)

Vinegar Girl (A re-telling of The Taming of the Shrew) by Anne Tyler

Bookworm by Lucy Mangan - maybe - I can't find much info about this!

The reality is I'll probably only buy the first one on that list this year!

Philippa Gregory will be out with Three Sisters, Three Queens on August 16th!  No synopsis or page numbers yet.

Also, the 21st Jack Reacher book, Night School has been set back from September to November :(  Still no synopsis on that one either.

Finally, Brandon Sanderson will complete The Reckoners trilogy with Calamity on February 16th!

• 1 month later...

(Don't know if anyone already mentioned it but) I'm really looking forward to "Lady Midnight by Cassandra Claire." The book will be released in the end of May. I think the English version already is available. Has anyone read it so far? :)

And I can't wait for the last book of Jennifer L. Armentrout's Lux series, "Opposition".

Edited by LankaDivore