Read-a-thon - 2016

Athena

I'm sorry to hear you weren't in the mood and were tired. But at least you enjoyed all the books you read! I hope the next read-a-thon is more fun for you :)

Thanks, Frankie :).

504 pages for me, my personal record. I thought I'd read more on Sunday but I had to go to the library and do the dishes and then I got lazy :D

Well done on your personal record :)! I think a little lazyness is allowed now and then :D.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Frankie :).

Well done on your personal record :)! I think a little lazyness is allowed now and then :D.

Congrats Frankie! Personally I like being lazy quite frequently :lol:

Thanks ladies! :smile2: I agree, it's healthy to be a bit lazy every now and then :D It's fun! :D 

• 3 weeks later...

The next read-a-thon will take place next weekend, on Fri-Sat-Sun the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of September. I'm going to try to finish off my current read before Friday, but if I don't manage to do so, I might begin on Saturday myself and read-a-thon until Monday. Is anyone going to be joining me next weekend?

The next read-a-thon will take place next weekend, on Fri-Sat-Sun the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of September.....Is anyone going to be joining me next weekend?

I'm planning on joining you.  Or at least I'm hoping to, providing I've regained my reading mojo by then..which fingers crossed I will have.

I'm not sure yet - I'm meant to be going to Galway, but there's a good chance that won't happen so if it doesn't I'll be participating :D

If you go to Galway I hope you have fun, if not then I hope you'll have fun reading :D.

I'm planning on joining you.  Or at least I'm hoping to, providing I've regained my reading mojo by then..which fingers crossed I will have.

I hope you'll be able to join :)! Fingers crossed.

I haven't done one for ages, but sadly (or happily, really!) we're at a wedding on Saturday (at 11am in Devon, which means an early start!) followed by the reception and then on Sunday we go away for a few days so unfortunately I'm going to miss this one too.  :)

I'm planning on finishing Peter F. Hamilton - Great North Road today and to start my read-a-thon reads tomorrow. I'll probably read-a-thon on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, and perhaps Tuesday too. It depends how I feel by then (I plan on hopefully buying some books so I might be eager to catalogue them instead :P). I do plan on reading my read-a-thon library loans, but whether I'll call it a "read-a-thon" day will depend. To anyone who starts the read-a-thon today (which is when it normally starts, on the Friday), I wish you happy reading :):readingtwo:.

I think I might be on my own, but I hope no one minds if I post my progress for yesterday.

Saturday 03-09-2016

1h, 106 pages, Lucy Diamond - The Beach Café: A Baby at the Beach Café

50 mins, 124 pages, Ann M. Martin - De Babysittersclub 51: Petra en de Verbroken Vriendschap (The Babysitters Club 51: Stacey's Ex-Best Friend) (re-read)

50 mins, 134 pages, Ann M. Martin - The Babysitters Club 52: Mary Anne and Too Many Babies (re-read)

50 mins, 124 pages, Ann M. Martin - De Babysittersclub Mystery 3: Tine en de Akelige Kat (The Babysitters Club Mystery 3: Mallory and the Ghost Cat) (re-read)

Total: 3h 30 mins, 488 pages

I didn't want to rush things (I've only just got out of my 'reading slump / mojo problems') and I was tired, so I didn't end up reading lots, but I'm happy with my progress and I enjoyed the books I read.

I think I might be on my own...

Sorry, I was planning on joining in with my first read-a-thon this weekend but after a crazy busy week at work I've been playing catch up, trying to get all the things I didn't get done during the week done this weekend so they don't roll on into next week.  I will, without a doubt, be joining in with the next one though.

Sorry, I was planning on joining in with my first read-a-thon this weekend but after a crazy busy week at work I've been playing catch up, trying to get all the things I didn't get done during the week done this weekend so they don't roll on into next week.  I will, without a doubt, be joining in with the next one though.

That's okay, good luck with catching up and getting everything done. Hopefully next time :). It will be on the Friday-Saturday-Sunday, the 7th, 8th and 9th October.

My progress for yesterday:

Sunday 04-09-2016

1h 30 mins, 135 pages, A. C. Baantjer - Baantjer 44: De Cock en het Roodzijden Nachthemd

45 mins, 63 pages, Terry Deary (ill. Martin Brown) - Horrible Histories: The Vile Victorians

Total: 2h 15 mins, 198 pages

I read for a while in the morning, then I went book shopping at a book market. Afterwards I was too tired to read much unfortunately. I'm going to try to read a bit today.

Already marked it on my calendar!

That's nice to hear :).

My progress for yesterday:

Monday 05-09-2016

45 mins, 65 pages, Terry Deary (ill. Martin Brown) - Horrible Histories: The Vile Victorians

45 mins, 256 pages, Disney - Donald Duck Pocket 214: De Bende Van El Gato

1h 30 mins, 183 pages, Chris Mould - Vreselijk Vreemde Verhalen 2: De Stormlopers (Something Wickedly Weird 2: The Icy Hand)

Total: 3h 0 mins, 504 pages

A better day of reading than Sunday, but I didn't read as much as I normally do during a read-a-thon.

Total this read-a-thon: 8h 45 mins, 1190 pages, 8 books read

I didn't have a great read-a-thon this month, I didn't end up reading so much (compared with other read-a-thons and compared with how much time I read normally). I'm still going to read the books I picked (mostly library loans left now), but I won't be calling it a read-a-thon. I'll just read as normally and also do lots of other things I want to do.

• 3 weeks later...

The read-a-thon for October is originally planned on the 7th, 8th and 9th of October.

The read-a-thon for November is originally planned on the 4th, 5th and 6th of November.

The read-a-thon for December is originally planned on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of December.

But planning wise these dates don't work so well for me. I'm celebrating my birthday the weekend of the 5th and 6th of November (a little while after my birthday, because it works better for people's schedules), so I won't have time to participate that weekend. The weekend before it, the 28th, 29th and 30th of October, doesn't work well for me either because I'm going to the book fair then.

The weekend of the 7th, 8th and 9th of October doesn't work great for me either, because I don't have a good opportunity to go to the library before then. I can go to the library on the weekend of 8th and 9th, but then I'd lose some reading time beforehand (I can read some of my own books though) as well as whilst cataloguing my new books (this always takes a bit of time :D).

So my preference would be to have the read-a-thons on the 14th, 15th and 16th of October and the 11th, 12th and 13th of November. The read-a-thon on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of December would then be a bit close to the November one (3 weeks), so we could do the 9th, 10th and 11th instead. Either the 2nd, 3rd and 4th or the 9th, 10th and 11th work me for at the moment. I don't know yet about January (the 9th, 10th, 11th would put the read-a-thon 4 weeks from the January one). Originally the read-a-thon would take place on the 6th, 7th and 8th of January. Right now I think I'll probably be able to participate in that one.

Is anyone interested in participating in any of these read-a-thons with me, and if so what are your preferred dates?

The new dates in November fall on my birthday, November 12th, but I'm happy just not to participate in November's one rather than re-schedule the read-a-thon over it.

I personally think it would be best to get back on track as soon as possible in December to having the read-a-thon at the beginning of the month, rather than changing it in December and January and having a total four months of disruption over it.

I can probably do the new October dates, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

The next read-a-thon is this upcoming weekend (14 - 16 October). I plan to start on either Thursday or Friday, depending on how it works out with other books I'm reading. I borrowed lots of nice read-a-thon reads at the library and I also have my usual pile of owned books I want to read. I'm excited! The September read-a-thon wasn't great for me, because I was in a reading slump. Hopefully this one will be more successful for me. Is anyone planning on joining me this weekend? (Maybe you, Noll?)

I think I might be able to join at least partly :) I have some studying to do as well, so I plan on dividing my time between that and reading.

That's so nice to hear/read, Anisia! Good luck with your studying :). I hope you have lots of fun reading :readingtwo:.

I will try, because I do need to catch up on my reading and it might give me the push I need but I imagine it'd be a pretty laid back one for me as I'm gonna want to focus on my cross-stitching. The novelty hasn't worn off yet :lol: