Read-a-thon - 2016

Athena

My Friday total was 187 pages of Crime Wave by Rose Pressey (frothy nonsense) and my Saturday morning total is 151 pages of The Outrun by Amy Liptrot which is one of my Wainwright Prize books and although good, is my least favourite so far but is getting better as the amount of nature writing is now increasing. Just about to sit down for an afternoon reading session now. :smile2:

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 2: The Deadly Space Between - Patricia Duncker (102 pages/finished)

Spurious - Lars Iyer (62 pages)

We Should Hang Out Sometime - Josh Sundquist (40 pages)

Total for Day 2: 204

I'm not doing well at all, I'm so very tired. It's not The Butterfly Garden's fault, actually it's great... I've only managed about 100 pages... and I started Thursday :(

I hope you won't be as tired for the last day of the read-a-thon, Anna!  :empathy:

Saturday: 86 pages of A Mother's Reckoning - Living in the Aftermath of the Columbine Tragedy by Sue Klebold 

This book is slower to read than This Is Life... And I took two naps and watched a bit of TV, too. Hoping to finish the book today! 

I wish you all lots of fun reading :):readingtwo:!

Marie, good to see you again :)!

Hello Athena!  :smile: I should be more sociable in the forum, during this summer  :blush2:

Bear in mind, I am Irish. I am not built for heat. To me, 12/13 degrees is comfortable, or 15/16 with a cool breeze.

I'm not really a sun loving person either, I'm a spring/autumn weather gal. I sat out in a very bright sun yesterday, only for approx. 20 minutes, then I developed prickly heat on my feet!!  :o Dang! More reasons to be an indoor bookworm  :D

I'm not doing well at all, I'm so very tired. It's not The Butterfly Garden's fault, actually it's great... I've only managed about 100 pages... and I started Thursday :(

Hope your reading mojo improves :smile: . Mine is very slow too today, it's erratic these days!

Saturday: 86 pages of A Mother's Reckoning - Living in the Aftermath of the Columbine Tragedy by Sue Klebold 

This book is slower to read than This Is Life... And I took two naps and watched a bit of TV, too. Hoping to finish the book today! 

Naps are good, aren't they?  :smile: The trouble is, I wake up myself..... snoring  :giggle2:

I haven't done any reading so far today as I was out at the Red Bull Soapbox Derby, but I've got all this evening (heading out the back garden shortly to do a bit) and as tomorrow is a bank holiday, I'm gonna continue my read-a-thon tomorrow.

Saturday: 86 pages of A Mother's Reckoning - Living in the Aftermath of the Columbine Tragedy by Sue Klebold

Nice progress, Frankie :).

Awwww :(, I'm sorry you've been feeling so bad and that you weren't able to read much :friends0:.

Sunday morning reading - Urn Burial by Kerry Greenwood 272 pages :)

Nice progress, Chesil :)!

I haven't done any reading so far today as I was out at the Red Bull Soapbox Derby, but I've got all this evening (heading out the back garden shortly to do a bit) and as tomorrow is a bank holiday, I'm gonna continue my read-a-thon tomorrow.

I hope you had fun, and I wish you lots of fun reading today :). Nice progress this read-a-thon so far :)!

I'm sorry I missed this read-a-thon. It wasn't an ideal weekend for me. I actually haven't read anything on Saturday and Sunday. But I will have my read-a-thon next weekend and I look forward to it. I got some nice books at the library.

I hope everyone who participated had some fun :) (I'm sorry for you, Anna, I hope you'll have better luck next time :( ).

In total:

Thursday: 83 pages of This Is Life by Dan Rhodes
Friday: 90 pages of This Is Life by Dan Rhodes  [thus finishing the novel] and 45 pages of A Mother's Reckoning - Living in the Aftermath of the Columbine Tragedy by Sue Klebold

Sunday: 134 pages of A Mother's Reckoning - Living in the Aftermath of the Columbine Tragedy by Sue Klebold 

Total: 438 pages 

This is my most successful read-a-thon so far, in that I read every day, and I started already on Thursday, and this was the most pages I've ever read during a read-a-thon :smile2: 

Naps are good, aren't they?  :smile: The trouble is, I wake up myself..... snoring  :giggle2:

:lol: :lol: Naps are the best, yes :)  Although mine were induced by having a cold. They were refreshing naps but they got in the way of reading! 

Edited by frankie

Total: 438 pages 

This is my most successful read-a-thon so far, in that I read every day, and I started already on Thursday, and this was the most pages I've ever read during a read-a-thon :smile2: 

Wow Frankie, I'm happy to hear this :)! I'm glad you had a lot of fun reading :readingtwo:.

I didn't do any reading at all yesterday, so my read-a-thon is still a three-day one, just with today instead of Sunday.

Day 3: We Should Hang Out Sometime - Josh Sundquist (286 pages)

I'm gonna finish this book in the next couple of hours I think, and then maybe read the two short stories outstanding from a collection that has been on my Goodreads 'Currently Reading' for aaaaaaages. 

Gaia, I think I'm going to join you this coming weekend.

I'm happy to have you join me, I hope you have a great reading weekend :).

Day 3: We Should Hang Out Sometime - Josh Sundquist (161 pages)

I'm gonna finish this book in the next couple of hours I think, and then maybe read the two short stories outstanding from a collection that has been on my Goodreads 'Currently Reading' for aaaaaaages.

Nice progress, Noll :). I look forward to hear what you think of the book once you've finished it. Happy reading for the rest of today :). Btw, is it a special holiday in Ireland today? Or a bank holiday without any specific reasoning?

I'm a bit late updating, but I finished another book yesterday afternoon/evening, Regency Gold by M. C. Beaton, coming in at 224 pages, so my totals for the weekend were:

Friday: remaining 187 pages of Crime Wave by Rose Pressey

Saturday: read The Outrun by Amy Liptrot (Wainwright Prize - 276 pages

Sunday: read Urn Burial by Kerry Greenwood - 272 pages and Regency Gold at 224 pages

Total: 4 books finished, 959 pages read.

My totals for this read-a-thon:

Day 1: Read The Demonologist by Andrew Pyper (301 pages)
Day 2: The Deadly Space Between - Patricia Duncker (102 pages/finished), Spurious - Lars Iyer (62 pages), We Should Hang Out Sometime - Josh Sundquist (40 pages)

Total pages: 791
Entire books read: 2
Books finished: 1
Books started: 1

I'm a bit late updating, but I finished another book yesterday afternoon/evening, Regency Gold by M. C. Beaton, coming in at 224 pages, so my totals for the weekend were:

Friday: remaining 187 pages of Crime Wave by Rose Pressey

Saturday: read The Outrun by Amy Liptrot (Wainwright Prize - 276 pages

Sunday: read Urn Burial by Kerry Greenwood - 272 pages and Regency Gold at 224 pages

Total: 4 books finished, 959 pages read.

Wow, you read a lot :)! I'm glad you had fun. 

Gaia, I'm in, if that counts...

Of course that counts :D.

My totals for this read-a-thon:

Day 1: Read The Demonologist by Andrew Pyper (301 pages)

Day 2: The Deadly Space Between - Patricia Duncker (102 pages/finished), Spurious - Lars Iyer (62 pages), We Should Hang Out Sometime - Josh Sundquist (40 pages)

Total pages: 791

Entire books read: 2

Books finished: 1

Books started: 1

You've read a lot, I'm glad you had fun :)! I look forward to read your review of We Should Hang Out Sometime :).

Wow Frankie, I'm happy to hear this :)! I'm glad you had a lot of fun reading :readingtwo:.

That's fantastic, Frankie. I kept flipping from book to book yesterday, but could never settle on one.

Thanks you guys! :smile2: It was a great read-a-thon! :) 

Seemed like a really successful one for chesil and Nollaig, too! :D Well done you guys! :)

My summer holiday next week is possibly postponed to July, meaning I won't be traveling to see my folks back at home, and so I have the weekend off. I might be able to join the read-a-thon this weekend, unless something unexpected happens. Or unless I'm feeling too social to sit at home for another weekend in a row.

My summer holiday next week is possibly postponed to July, meaning I won't be traveling to see my folks back at home, and so I have the weekend off. I might be able to join the read-a-thon this weekend, unless something unexpected happens. Or unless I'm feeling too social to sit at home for another weekend in a row.

I hope you'll get to join in :). And otherwise, I hope you have a nice time being social.