Read-a-thon - 2016

Athena

I'm looking forward to this month's read-a-thon, as opposed to the previous ones, I have nothing planned for this weekend :exc: I'm going to just relax and read, and I've got just the book for that: This Is Life by Dan Rhodes! :wub: 

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you do the weekend that suits you better! And that allows some of us to do two weekends in a row if we wish :giggle2::D

Nice! I might join you with some short Phillip K Dick stories! The 11th, Mary Roach's new book Grunt will be released, so I will be reading that for the weekend.

Actually, I'm going to start tomorrow with The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchinson and The Girl in the Blue Coat by Monica Hesse, 600 pages in 4 days...

On the weekend of the 11th, I will again start on Thursday with Mary Roach's Grunt and Leaving Blythe River by Catherine Ryan Hyde, another 600 page 4 day read a thon!

Fingers crossed! Must do better than May :P

Edited by Anna Begins

It's a bank holiday this weekend in Ireland, and I'm not planning on going to my parents, or outside in general, as its too hot, so I may try read-a-thoning :D

I have a couple of ideas for creepy/horror/thrillers I want to read so I might tackle those.

Anna, The Butterfly Garden sounds interesting, though there are a lot of allegations of it being compelling moreso than good! Still, I may add it to my list this weekend!

Anna, The Butterfly Garden sounds interesting, though there are a lot of allegations of it being compelling moreso than good! Still, I may add it to my list this weekend!

I've had my eye on it for a bit, when it was one of four for free (for being a Prime member), I grabbed it!

Enjoy your holiday :)

Holy crap, Boss just called and gave me tomorrow off, so now I can start today :D Wohoo!

Woohoo! Have lots of reading fun!

I'm hoping to have reading time on Saturday/Sunday.  :smile:

I'm hoping to read Jacqueline Winspear's Birds of a Feather (the 2nd Maisie Dobbs series) and Jasper FForde The Eyre Affair.

Nice progress! I hope you enjoy the whole book. I think it takes place in Paris? I looked up the cover, it looked quite pretty. Happy reading, everyone :)!

It does take place in Paris, which I find a bit odd as the author is British, but I'm very much liking the French factor anyhow :) 

It's a bank holiday this weekend in Ireland, and I'm not planning on going to my parents, or outside in general, as its too hot, so I may try read-a-thoning :D

Happy holiday weekend! I hope you can get some reading in. Next to inclement weather, really hot weather is my favorite reading weather. How hot is it there?

Happy holiday weekend! I hope you can get some reading in. Next to inclement weather, really hot weather is my favorite reading weather. How hot is it there?

22-23 degrees celsius. Bear in mind, I am Irish. I am not built for heat. To me, 12/13 degrees is comfortable, or 15/16 with a cool breeze.

22-23 degrees celsius. Bear in mind, I am Irish. I am not built for heat. To me, 12/13 degrees is comfortable, or 15/16 with a cool breeze.

My husband is Irish ancestry (2nd generation here.) He dies if the a/c in the house is set above 72. Truth be told, he'd rather have it at 65. It's a constant struggle over the thermostat.

My husband is Irish ancestry (2nd generation here.) He dies if the a/c in the house is set above 72. Truth be told, he'd rather have it at 65. It's a constant struggle over the thermostat.

Will be 100F/38C here today!

Didn't get very far yesterday, so will total on Monday morning :) Still aiming for 600!

It does take place in Paris, which I find a bit odd as the author is British, but I'm very much liking the French factor anyhow :)

That is odd! I guess it does happen though. Nice you liked it :).

I should be able to join in this weekend, making a start this afternoon. Feels like ages since I took part in a read-a-thon, and looking forward to it! :)

Happy reading :)!

Friday: 90 pages of This Is Life by Dan Rhodes  [thus finishing the novel]

Nice progress, Frankie :).

Day 1: Read The Demonologist by Andrew Pyper (301 pages)

Nice progress, Noll :).

I wish everyone who's participating today, happy reading :readingtwo::).