Read-a-thon - 2016

Athena

Here's how my read-a-thon went:

Friday- 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone' by J.K Rowling - 89 pages (Finished)

'Wintersmith' by Terry Pratchett- 13 pages

Saturday- 'Wintersmith' by Terry Pratchett- 62 pages

Sunday- 'Wintersmith' by Terry Pratchett- 216 pages

Total number of pages read- 380

I did quite well I think. Sunday was the best day though. Looking forward to the next read-a-thon!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thurs 21st: 90 pages of The Nightingale

Fri 1st: 130 pages of The Nightingale

Sat 2nd: 220 pages of The Nightingale and 12 pages of It Came From The North

Sun 3rd: 208 pages of Time Present and Time Past by Deirdre Madden

Totals: 2 books and 1 short story totalling 648 pages read.

Not my best read-a-thon ever but I did actually stop reading at around 4pm today. 

I'm about to start my next book but I'm not going to include it in the read-a-thon. I'm happy enough with what I managed. :)

Well done, I'm glad you had a lot of fun :D.

My most successful read a thon yet! I did 4 days.

Thursday March 31st and Friday April 1st-

The Girl From Krakow by Alex Rosenberg (454 pages)

A Face in the Crowd by Stephen King and Stewart O'nan (16 pages)

Saturday April 2nd-

The Stepford Wives by Ira Levin (148 pages)

Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin (257 pages)

Sunday April 3rd-

This Perfect Day by Ira Levin (100 pages of 320)

Total: 975 pages. :) :)

You had a very successful read-a-thon! I'm glad you had a lot of fun :D.

Here's how my read-a-thon went:

Friday- 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone' by J.K Rowling - 89 pages (Finished)

'Wintersmith' by Terry Pratchett- 13 pages

Saturday- 'Wintersmith' by Terry Pratchett- 62 pages

Sunday- 'Wintersmith' by Terry Pratchett- 216 pages

Total number of pages read- 380

I did quite well I think. Sunday was the best day though. Looking forward to the next read-a-thon!

Good to 'see' you Karen :). Well done! I'm glad you had a lot of fun :D.

The next read-a-thon will, in principle, take place on Friday the 6th, Saturday the 7th and Sunday the 8th of May.

Wow, some great numbers of p ages read by all of you guys!  :cool:  :readingtwo: Well done!!  :smile2:

Friday: 32 pages of The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow by Katherine Woodfine

Saturday: 44 pages of The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow by Katherine Woodfine

Sunday: 30 pages of The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow by Katherine Woodfine

Altogether, 106 pages of The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow  :D Not all that much... But still, not my worst read-a-thon! :D 

• 4 weeks later...

The next read-a-thon should officially take place on Friday, Saturday, Sunday the 7th, 8th and 9th of May. But I've got a bit of a dilemma. I've got one library loan that isn't read-a-thon material, left to read. I really feel in the mood to read my library read-a-thon reads after I finish that book (as well as my own read-a-thon reads), and it would work out better with my library planning. So I'm very tempted to do my own read-a-thon this upcoming weekend, rather than first reading something for a week that I might not quite feel like reading. So my question is, is anyone planning on having a read-a-thon in the weekend of 7-8-9 of May (like we normally would)? Does anyone mind if I start mine early? If there are lots of you who're going to read-a-thon the 7-8-9th of May, I might try to wait another week and just join you. But if no one is going to join in, then I feel maybe I might as well have the read-a-thon a week early. The previous read-a-thon, which was 1-2-3 April, is 4 weeks ago, so maybe it's not strange that I feel in the mood (since sometimes there's 4 weeks between read-a-thons, sometimes 5 weeks; it's probably also because I've already loaned my read-a-thon library reads). Anyway, is anyone planning on read-a-thon-in on the 7-8-9th of May? Does anyone mind if I start mine early?

Of course you can have your own read-a-thon this weekend if you so wish ☺ If you do, do you think you'd still take part on 7.-9.5 read-a-thon?

For me both of the weekends are a bit tricky. Mayday Eve is this Saturday and I might go to a party. My parents are also visiting and we'll go to the theater on Saturday. Next week I'm going on a cruise... Bad timing! But I'd like to try and read some this weekend...

Well, I don't think I'll be doing 975 pages in 4 days again, but I just got The Collected Stories of Tennessee Williams and I still have the Phillip K Dick short stories, so it's up to you... although I'd like to finish My Sister's Keeper first, but that could take ages, so. :)

I don't mind. I read-a-thon pretty much whenever I feel like it, not always on the right weekend. I may do it myself this weekend if I decide to stay in Cork for the bank holiday, as it's a three day weekend. And if I can line up what books to read.

It's good to know none of you mind :). I'm going to start the read-a-thon today, from Thursday (today) through Sunday, so 28th of April - 1rst of May (I estimate I have about 4 days of reading material for this read-a-thon). It works better for me that way, the weekend of 6-7-8 I've got more family stuff and more shopping to do. I probably won't be doing the read-a-thon of 6-7-8 of May, I can't go to the library in time to get more children's books to read, and it would be a bit much as well. After doing one read-a-thon I will probably then feel in the mood for longer, more complicated books for adults (I think, I'm not sure). I do wish everyone fun who decides to do the read-a-thon either this weekend or the weekend after this upcoming one :).

I disappeared in the middle of the last read-a-thon, not on purpose but because I had somehow managed to lock myself out of my account and then couldn't set myself a new password!  I haven't been having a good month, technology-wise :blush2:

Anyway, this weekend suits me very as well as I have a day off on Monday so that gives me a bit extra reading time.

I disappeared in the middle of the last read-a-thon, not on purpose but because I had somehow managed to lock myself out of my account and then couldn't set myself a new password!  I haven't been having a good month, technology-wise :blush2:

Anyway, this weekend suits me very as well as I have a day off on Monday so that gives me a bit extra reading time.

Oh whoops!

I wish you a great reading weekend, Ooshie :)!

I wasn't sure about posting statistics since not many people are reading, so here is a shortened version:

On Thursday I read for 3h 40 mins, 515 pages, 3 books. I didn't get through as much as I had hoped, but I liked what I read. I read three Babysitters Club books by Ann M. Martin, two 'normal' ones (#43, #44) and one Super Special (#6).

On Friday (yesterday) I read for 5 hours, 1316 pages, 10 books ( + 28 pages in an 11th book). I read a Baantjer book (#24), a Horrible Histories book (The Terrible Tudors), 8 short Stilton books and I started on a long Stilton book. I was very pleased with my progress from yesterday.

I read for almost 4 hours yesterday and read about 4 books. 5 books left to read! I don't know whether I'll be able to read them all today, since my brother is coming over, but we'll see.

Yesterday I read for 4h 45 mins and I read ~1273 pages. That was pretty good, I managed to finish all the books I wanted to read for my read-a-thon. In total I read for 12h 15 mins, I read ~4191 pages, 23 books. I had a lot of fun :).

I don't know if anyone's going to read-a-thon next weekend, but if anyone does, I wish you lots of fun :).

I didn't get quite as much reading done as I had hoped, but I did read the whole of The Spell by Alan Hollinghurst (257 pages).

I always love reading everyone else's statistics, even though they do make my attempts look very paltry!  :-)

I wound up not taking part last weekend because a lot of stuff happened, but I'm gonna try do a bit this weekend as I really want to get a few books ahead of schedule again.

Hello. It's been awhile. This weekend was the first time in months that I've had time to pick up a book, and it just so happened to correspond to a read-a-thon weekend.

I read The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald (384 pages) and got a little over 200 pages into The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey.

I didn't really do a read-a-thon at the weekend, but I have been tearing through books and am a couple ahead of schedule again :D At a guess I'd say I read approx 2 books over the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

The next read-a-thon was planned on the weekend of Friday the 3rd of June, Saturday the 4th and Sunday the 5th, but I'm going to do it the weekend after that one, so the 10th, 11th and 12th, because I'm busy on the weekend of 3-4-5th. I hope nobody minds. If you want to do your read-a-thon on the 3-4-5th, feel free to do so of course.

I need to try take part in the upcoming read-a-thon, to work back up a bit of leeway with my schedule!

I hope you will be able to take part :)

I will be at least reading Grunt by Mary Roach and I hope to get back to The Girl in the Blue Coat. I'll join you on the 10th, 11th, 12th.

I'm glad to hear you will be joining me, I hope you have a lot of fun :).