Hello!

justmeandatea

Hi everyone! I am so excited to be here. I'm Hope :) I'm from West Yorkshire in the UK. I have always loved reading but it's been quite a solitary thing up until now. You know when you finish an amazing book and just want to tell someone all about it? That's why I'm here! My husband is a mathematician through and through, who gets all excited about numbers and dimensions and (what looks to me like) complete jibberish. And try as I might, my hubby just doesn't share my excitement for a good book. I'd love to get to know some people who do understand ha.

Hello justmeandatea, welcome to the forum :)

I found this place many moons ago following the exact same line of thinking - I loved reading but had no idea who to talk to (or even where to find the best recommendations), and I can promise you this is the place for it!

If you read regularly, you should check out our Book Blog section - everyone will be preparing their blogs for 2016 over the next few weeks and you could make your own thread to talk about what you read in 2016. :D

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) 

I've actually just been looking at that section. My reading has no particular theme. I just pour through the Kindle store picking at random! I'm trying to challenge myself next year to read by topic, I'm sure I'll find some inspiration here!

No need to have any sort of theme. I think most of us just like to list their To Be Read -books and wishlist books on their logs as well as list the books they are reading throughout the year :) And then they write reviews of the books, if they so wish. It's totally up to you what you do with your reading log :) 

Hi Hope, and welcome to the forum. :smile:

I've actually just been looking at that section. My reading has no particular theme. I just pour through the Kindle store picking at random!

That's a good way of finding surprise authors, or something better than expected.

What are your favourite books?