Athena

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats Shelfy!!!!!!!

Athenea I'm glad that evertything went well in the vet.

I'm a little sad today becase yesterday I had my English Exam and I think I didin't do it well. I'm strong with reading and this part was extremely difficult (difficult vocabulary and tricky questions) so I think I won't pass.

Awwww :(. I hope you will pass :(.

I woke up with a headache today. I've done some household chores, and hopefully this afternoon I can rest a bit. Usually I have a headache in the evening and then it's gone when I wake up in the morning, but now it's the other way around. Hopefully some rest will help.

Athenea thanks!! get well soon!!!

I bought all the presents for Santa Claus!!!! I think I never have bought the presents so early jajaja.

It's too hot here this week, we are having 18º and it's too much for this season, usually we have between 0 and 10º in December! I hope it won´t rain in New Year's Eve. Do you have plans for that night?

It's not been a great start to December … I've been poorly for a couple of weeks, but didn't want to stay off work as I knew I had holiday coming up for Christmas, so I think it's lingered longer than it would have if I'd just had a couple of days tucked up in bed.  Almost back to normal now, and I'm finished work for Christmas, so hopefully things will look up for the rest of the month!

Somehow, I've managed to do all my Christmas shopping and write all my cards, but haven't posted them off yet, and need to get everything wrapped soon.  Hoping to get it all done this weekend, and the only job I'll have left after that is to ice the cakes.

I don't have many plans for New Year's Eve, we'll probably watch the fireworks from the local area and eat 'oliebollen' but otherwise I have no big plans. It's not my favourite holiday because the fireworks are always so loud (and I don't like loud sounds). And they aren't just at midnight (in fact, some people are already using some fireworks now, it's illegal but they still do it, very annoying). It's hard for me to stay up that late as well, but I know there'll be no sleeping with all the racket going on. But it'll be nice to see the fireworks :). Do you have any plans, Sabry?

Chesil, I hope you feel back to normal soon :flowers2:.

That's good you're feeling better, Claire, just in time for being busy with Christmas duties! :)

I hope you get lots of rest and relaxation during your time off, Noll, I think that will do the trick!  How are you liking your job?  

This week has been busy, with something going on every evening after work save for last night.  I was very happy to get comfy on the sofa and do nothing but watch Midsomer Murders :).  I'm looking forward to Monday when the days start getting longer and for the 1st of the New Year!  That means that hopefully we'll just have 2 more months of the cold weather.

We don't have fireworks here on New Years Eve, but we do have festivities :D.  I'm looking forward to it!  

I'm looking forward to Monday when the days start getting longer and for the 1st of the New Year!  That means that hopefully we'll just have 2 more months of the cold weather.

We haven't even gotten cold weather here yet! It has barely dropped below 10 degrees celsius during the day - it's not warm but its very mild for December. I'm still waiting for Winter to properly start! 

Finishing work tomorrow for Christmas! cannot wait, and I feel really (physically) crappy today, head feels dehydrated, neck is sore. So looking forward to being able to chill and not get up for work.

I wish you lots of fun on your days off and hope you will feel better soon :flowers2:

This week has been busy, with something going on every evening after work save for last night.  I was very happy to get comfy on the sofa and do nothing but watch Midsomer Murders :).  I'm looking forward to Monday when the days start getting longer and for the 1st of the New Year!  That means that hopefully we'll just have 2 more months of the cold weather.

We don't have fireworks here on New Years Eve, but we do have festivities :D.  I'm looking forward to it!  

I wish you lots of fun on the 1rst!

It'll be a bit busy here in the last week of the year. Aside from the usual holidays (Christmas, Boxing Day, New Years' Eve), I also have an appointment with the nurse, I should get a blood test, and I have to go to the dentist :hide:. I will also go shopping most likely, because I need some new shoes, and go to the library :). Oh, and we also plan to go see the new Star Wars movie.

I wish you lots of fun on your days off and hope you will feel better soon :flowers2:.

I feel better today than I did yesterday, so that's something! :) Ick, dentist and blood tests. Enjoy getting new shoes though, it's always nice to get something new like that.

I feel better today than I did yesterday, so that's something! :) Ick, dentist and blood tests. Enjoy getting new shoes though, it's always nice to get something new like that.

I'm glad to hear that :). Thank you :friends3:.

Well, after four hours of wrapping, that's the kids' prezzies all wrapped now (I'd already spent about the same amount of time wrapping all the other gifts for everyone else in the weeks up till now). My back is KILLING me, so I'm off for a soak in the bath before going to bed. Getting in the festive food shopping tomorrow. I feel ready for Xmas now!

Athenea Yes, I have plans for New Year's Eve, I'm going out with my boyfriend and some of my friends. I hope it won't rain!!!!!!

How was your Christmas??? I had a really good time. On 24 we went to had dinner to a friend's house and then I received a lot of gifts!! Books, chocolates, a battery for my mobile phone... So I'm very happy!!!!

And on 25 we stayed at home but my boyfriend came to had lunch with us, it was a lovely day.

Shelfy It's a beautiful ring!!!!

Now I have to think about the gifts for the Epiphany :S.

Sounds like you had a lovely time Sabry. :)

We had a fairly quiet day yesterday, a visit to my Dad in the morning, friends for coffee later on, then presents in the afternoon followed by our Christmas dinner.  Smashing. :smile2:

Today is going to be a very lazy day.  I'm planning to update all my book spreadsheets and lists, do some reading, eat far too much probably, and we'll be carrying on our annual mini games tournament (it's currently neck and neck, so all to play for :D).

We're having our Christmas dinner today (on the 26th), because it was my boyfriend's birthday yesterday. Yesterday we had a lovely dinner together with my parents. Today we're having a great dinner with in total 10 people. I look forward to it! Everyone's here now.

Not a great Christmas for us - just before I had some bad news from a close friend, and then on Wednesday one of our cats went missing. I've posted on loads of Facebook and lost pets sites, and we've today done posters and fliers. I think the not knowing is the worse thing.

Glad everyone has been enjoying themselves. :smile:

Sorry to read about your difficulties for Christmas, Michelle. I hope that things work out for your friend and that your cat returns soon. 

Christmas is always a mixed bag for me, and this year is no different, although I can say it's been lovely to see family we haven't seen for a while mixed in with quiet times.  :coolsnow: