Your Book Activity - December 2015

Athena

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished The Strange Crime of John Boulnois by GK Chesterton and Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke.

About to start reading Now We Are Six by AA Milne. I chose a short book so I can finish it by the end of the year and therefore achieve my goal of reading more books than I bought in 2015. :D

I'm currently reading Susan Hatler - Kissed by the Bay 2: The Perfect Kiss. I'm only 33% (one third) into it. So far I'm not liking it as much as book 1 in this series (they are seperate stories but they have some overlapping characters). It's still enjoyable though.

Really enjoying my holiday and lack on Internet (mostly!) - currently reading "The Hundred-Year-Old-Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared"  by Jonas Jonasson. I can't yet decide what I think about it, it's sort of funny but serious in the same time? Looking forward to see where it goes.

Really enjoying my holiday and lack on Internet (mostly!) - currently reading "The Hundred-Year-Old-Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared"  by Jonas Jonasson. I can't yet decide what I think about it, it's sort of funny but serious in the same time? Looking forward to see where it goes.

It was either The 100 Year Old Man... or The Humans by Matt Haig that were my favorite book of last year.  I hope you enjoy it!

I finished Essays Of Daily Life in North Korea: North of the DMZ.  I didn't really like it... review in my thread.  Now starting on Steinbeck's The Pearl.  Hope to read Of Mice and Men tomorrow to make 77 books this year.

I enjoyed the first part of it. I thought it was quirky and funny, but after a while the novelty wore off and it seemed to drag on for too long.

I'm happy with my total number of books also, so I'm not going to read a new book today (it's also the read-a-thon tomorrow so it's good to not rush through a book today). Instead, I'm going to read bits of books like 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die and others.

Good idea, Gaia, although with your reading rate you could probably squeeze in two more books if you wanted to.  :giggle:

I'm about halfway through A Boy Called Christmas and loving it! I'm supposed to be working (yes, on NYE), but I've been having trouble putting it down. Then I decided to choose my first book for 2016 from my book jar (which I've topped up for the new year), and I chose Al Franken's Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them. It's supposed to be great, and very funny, but it's about American politics, so I hope I can follow it OK.

Good idea, Gaia, although with your reading rate you could probably squeeze in two more books if you wanted to.  :giggle:

Haha, probably :giggle2:. But the read-a-thon is starting tomorrow and I am worried that if I rush through two books today, I won't feel as much like reading lots during this weekend :).

Sorry you have to work on NYE :(. I hope you enjoy your books :).

It was either The 100 Year Old Man... or The Humans by Matt Haig that were my favorite book of last year.  I hope you enjoy it!

I finished Essays Of Daily Life in North Korea: North of the DMZ.  I didn't really like it... review in my thread.  Now starting on Steinbeck's The Pearl.  Hope to read Of Mice and Men tomorrow to make 77 books this year.

So far I'm enjoying it! 

I enjoyed the first part of it. I thought it was quirky and funny, but after a while the novelty wore off and it seemed to drag on for too long.

I like it a lot so far (I'm about halfway through) but I do feel even now it drags on at times. 

Finished The Old Boys by William Trevor today.  A solid read, but not in the same league as some of his later work (The Story of Lucy Gault is superb).  My 70th book of the year, a record.

Edited by willoyd

I grabbed a couple of (probably terrible, but highly rated by hundreds of people) thrillers with Kindle Unlimited today:

Follow You Home by Mark Edwards

Someone To Save You by Paul Pilkington.

I think once I've those two read (or possibly abandoned :roll:) Ill cancel my membership with Kindle Unlimited because there's just too much rubbish on there.

I've been watching a lot of Mrs Brown's Boys so I decided to give the first book (inspired by the radio show and the inspiration for the tv show!) The Mammy a go on my tablet-Kindle. If I like it, I'll probably order hardcopies of all the books in the series.

Bit of last minute Amazon perusal for 2015 hehe!