#21 Chrissy

Chrissy

Addicted!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,259 posts
  • Reading now?:Yes

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:35 PM

I have never had gammon but i would think it should pair wonderfully with pineapple. We pair pineapple and ham all the time and it is delicious. We also have a form of tomato gravy with ham but I wouldn't call it tomato soup.

Ours is a tin of Heinz Tomato Soup, heated and popped into a gravy boat.  :D  Pineapple and gammon work just fine together, just with a stronger taste than ham once cooked. It's just that nowadays I enjoy my ham / gammon to be full on savoury rather than with the sweetness of pineapple. 

#22 chesilbeach

chesilbeach

Conqueror of Mount TBR

• Moderators
  • 12,258 posts
  • Reading now?:Cogheart by Peter Bunzl

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:41 AM

Breaking news …. we have a new recipe being tried tomorrow!  It's a mushroom and brie puff pastry parcel, and the filling also has leeks, walnuts, lemon and thyme in it.  The filling looks delicious ...

Attached File  NewRecipe.jpg   70.95KB   0 downloads

The mushroom pinwheels have been made ready for tomorrow too ...

Attached File  MushroomPinwheels.jpg   87.55KB   0 downloads

Testing proves them to be delicious as usual! :D

#23 Onion Budgie

Onion Budgie

Avid Reader

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:50 PM

Breaking news …. we have a new recipe being tried tomorrow!  It's a mushroom and brie puff pastry parcel, and the filling also has leeks, walnuts, lemon and thyme in it.  

It sounds mouthwatering!  

#24 Athena

Athena

Readaholic, BookWorm & BookEater

• Admin
  • 15,485 posts
  • LocationHelmond, the Netherlands

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:31 PM

Breaking news …. we have a new recipe being tried tomorrow!  It's a mushroom and brie puff pastry parcel, and the filling also has leeks, walnuts, lemon and thyme in it.  The filling looks delicious ...

That looks tasty!

Here's what our menu looks like: (what it actually is, I posted on the previous page) (I plan to take pictures of our dinner when we have it, on the 26th):

Attached File  Menu2015_v3_0.50.jpg   508.32KB   0 downloads

#25 Kell

Kell

Star of the Show!

• Moderators
  • 10,143 posts
  • Reading now?:Not as much as I'd like!
  • LocationThe Frozen North

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:41 PM

Made some mini sweetmince parcels this afternoon, so we can leave one for Santa. We'll also be leaving him a snickerdoodle cookie (I made a massive batch yesterday afternoon), and of course, we'll be leaving a carrot for Rudolf too! Santa will also be treated to a small measure of my home-made blackberry liqueur - lucky old soul! ;)

Attached File  Mini Xmas Parcels.jpg   103.99KB   0 downloadsAttached File  snickerdoodles.jpg   17.17KB   0 downloads

#26 muggle not

muggle not

Huggle A Muggle

• Supporter
  • 3,010 posts
  • Reading now?:Well of Ascension - Brandon Sanderson
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:20 PM

Speaking of Santa......Santa's reindeer have been "cleared" to enter the U.S. on Christmas Eve. Santa has certified that the reindeer have eaten nothing but hay, sugar plums, and gingerbread.

#27 Nollaig

Nollaig

Nerdfighter

• Moderators
  • 11,894 posts
  • Reading now?:Yes.
  • LocationCork, Ireland

Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:16 PM

My neighbour made a chocolate ginger cake, a chocolate cake and a bunch of rocky roads for us! (As well as a Christmas cake, but I don't like those :P )

#28 Athena

Athena

Readaholic, BookWorm & BookEater

• Admin
  • 15,485 posts
  • LocationHelmond, the Netherlands

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:59 AM

We're having our Christmas dinner later today. I hope everyone had a great Christmas dinner :). I saw some photos of on Facebook of some of you, and all that food looked delicious!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users