Favourite Author

BookShelfy91

Jane Austen

Adriana Trigiani

Sarah Waters

Margaret Atwood

It's sheer coincidence that they're all women (in fact I'd not really realised that my favourite authors were all female before now). I go through phases with other authors too - Tracy Chevalier and Philippa Gregory spring to mind.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I have read everything there is by Jane Austen and The Bronte Sister. I'd read about everything by Rainbow Rowell.

Other than those, I can't think of any authors I would read everything by, without reservation. Even my favorites Terry Pratchett and Steven Brust have written some books that just don't seem all that interesting to me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi,

It's a quite difficult question :) Because my favorite writers' list has changed a lot depending on my age, life situation, etc.

But I always love the books of

Jane Austen
O. Henry
Brandon Sanderson
Charlotte Bronte
Jack London

Patrick O'Brian

However, I will not wonder if my list change soon)

Regards,

Sherry

Edited by chesilbeach
Link removed: New members are not allowed to post links to external websites

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Douglas said:

At this stage, I would say that my favourite Authors are:

Neville Shute

I managed to get the complete set of Neville Shute books one time for $20, at a book fair. They look like they've never been read. I've read many of his books and really enjoy his writing. Which is your favourite?

7 hours ago, poppy said:

I managed to get the complete set of Neville Shute books one time for $20, at a book fair. They look like they've never been read. I've read many of his books and really enjoy his writing. Which is your favourite?

Hi poppy,

Well, I'd say that THE PIED PIPER is probably my favourite; and isn't he an excellent author! 

9 hours ago, Douglas said:

Hi poppy,

Well, I'd say that THE PIED PIPER is probably my favourite; and isn't he an excellent author! 

Yes he is! I would have said the same, John Howard is such an endearing character. Also loved Requiem For A Wren.

14 hours ago, poppy said:

Yes he is! I would have said the same, John Howard is such an endearing character. Also loved Requiem For A Wren.

I must admit that I haven't read REQUIEM FOR A WREN, yet; I'll have to try to find the time to read that one soon. 

• 1 month later...

I am quite the fan of John Green - his books always make you have to sit back and think for a couple hours after finishing them!

E. Lockhart is also quite good with twists, and I love her writing style.

Richard Paul Evans has a knack for writing great plots and characters to root for!