Books! Books! Books!

paulh2oman

Hi All,

Love the forum. I love sci-fi (Greg Bear, Niven, etc), Historical Fiction (Michener, Jakes) and especially Alternative History (Turtledove, Flint).

Even Steven King surprised me with 11/22/63. It was a fun read.

I also love collecting and reading old books. I recently read Country Squire in the White House from 1940. It is amazing how similar the story seems to be to modern times. Seems not much has change in politics. :)

The best part about finding old books in antique stores, used books stores and estate sales is finding personal inscriptions in them! It's like a treasure hunt every time we go out. I am just doing beta of my website to document these inscriptions and old books. It will be fun to search through, find and read about the personal treasure that have be forgotten on dusty book shelves. If you have any old books with inscriptions that you can add to the library or have any suggestions to improve the site I would love to hear feed back.

Paul Waterman

Hi Paul :smile: I like collecting old books too and I agree it's lovely when you find a personal inscription inside.

There's a thread on here about unusual things found inside books you might be interested in too, here's the link if you want to have a look...

http://www.bookclubforum.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/7872-have-you-ever-found-anything-inside-a-book/page-1?hl=found inside books

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum for starters. Old books are incredible. I recently got given about a dozen of my late pops old books, some of them have inscriptions to him or from him inside. It's amazing the history. Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Shelfy