Sorrell and Son - Warwick Deeping

sib

Emotive story about a man whose wife leaves him. He is alone with a son to raise, and he must take a lot of menial jobs to make ends meet. Recounts the various humiliations he has to suffer on his way to building a good future for his son.

A moving account of the selfless love of a father for his son. Well worth reading. 7.5 out of 10.

• 2 months later...

Somehow I have two copies of this book. Both hardback, the same colour, without covers. I haven't got far but the impression I get is the same as posted above.

I read on the internet it was a very popular book in its day, and Warwick Deeping must have been a popular author. Wrote a number of books.

Somehow I have two copies of this book. Both hardback, the same colour, without covers. I haven't got far but the impression I get is the same as posted above.

I read on the internet it was a very popular book in its day, and Warwick Deeping must have been a popular author. Wrote a number of books.

Yeah, I think this was his big hit, though..I quite enjoyed it, despite the upper-middle class snobbishness that was floating in the background.