Sausage Rolls unknown in America....

Little Pixie

Hmm... what does yeast extract even taste like, though?  I'm intrigued!

Sausage rolls also make me think of Fatayer, which is a Lebanese meat pie.  They are ground beef (minced) and onions inside yummy buttered dough.  I make them a few times a year and they are my fave :D.

Sausage rolls also make me think of Fatayer, which is a Lebanese meat pie.  They are ground beef (minced) and onions inside yummy buttered dough.  I make them a few times a year and they are my fave :D.

Amazon.com sell Marmite.  The nearest I can explain is that it`s like Miso paste ? Maybe ??  :smile:  

Like a Middle Eastern Cornish pastie:smile:

Have you ever had Twiglets? (don't know if you can get them in the US).  It's basically the coating on them, but in a jar, so you can spread it on stuff.

If I had to describe it I'd say it is possibly like a really rich beef flavour mixed with soy sauce.

:lol:  What exactly is Marmite?  I'm afraid to watch that video in case it'll put me off, ha!

I normally think of pigs-in-a-blanket as mini hot dogs wrapped in flaky dough, but according to Google they can be wrapped in bacon too.  Who knew?!  I forgot about those though - I haven't had them in years!  I remember my mom making them when I was a kid and serving them with Macaroni and Cheese.  

So the meat inside a sausage roll is minced?  Or is an actual sausage in casing?  

It's popular at parties to have slow cookers full of bacon wrapped 'wienies'.'  My friend has a really good recipe with brown sugar and honey.

Now I'm hungry...

Minced meat and sausage meat are two completely different things. Minced meat tends to be very small pieces of meat (I think Americans call it ground - I could be wrong though) and is just meat put through a mincer with nothing added. Sausage meat tends to be smoother and has other things added to it, such as herbs, spices, rusk, breadcrumbs, and the like, to fill it out and make it more flavoursome.

On the pigs in blankets thing, my Auntie Lynn makes GIANT ones at  Xmas - full sized sausages wrapped in bacon - she calls them hogs in duvets - LOL!