What's Up in November 2015?

chesilbeach

Happy All Saints Day!  It'll soon be Bonfire Night and then Remembrance Day in the UK, and we'll have Veterans Day and Thanksgiving in the US, there's the Melbourne Cup and Australia Day in Australia, Koningsdag (King's Feast) in Belguim, Armistice Day in France, but what's going on with you in November? 

Not much planned for me today, just going to try and get some reading done, and think about starting to plan for Christmas :lurker: … sorry, it's not that far away now, and don't want to leave everything to the last minute! :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nearly Christmas too, 54 sleeps!  :grinhat: Who has started their Christmas shopping? I have pretty much sorted my Mum as she is easy peasy to buy for and have starting on my MIL and FIL's hampers. My youngest has written his list..looks like it has a football and WWE theme this year, last year it was football and The Simpsons  :P . My eldest just wants money towards a paragliding holiday next year but I will need to think of some little bits for him, my daughter is in desperate need of a new phone so won't get a huge amount besides that as they are silly money. Goodness knows what I will get Steve as he is very hard to buy for, he has seen a designer toaster he wants  :roll: and is also keen on the idea of a ukelele for some strange reason, I think the ukelele idea will win as we have a perfectly serviceable toaster.  :giggle2: I haven't decided what to ask for as yet, what is on everyone else's Santa list?  :xmassmile:

I bought my first Christmas gift! A purple stuffed elephant for my mum. She loves elephants, purple, and stuffed toys. Seems like a winner. :lol: Bought some wintery themed bedsheets and clothes over the weekend :)

Everything is pretty good with me lately, not much to report. Didn't do much for Halloween, had a bit of a hectic week last week at work and just wanted to chill out. 

It's nearly Christmas too, 54 sleeps!  :grinhat: Who has started their Christmas shopping?

I'm actually almost finished mine! I only need to get half a dozen things now, and finish off half a dozen hand-made items, then I'm good to go GOing to start wrapping things very soon, and I plan on writing out my Xmas cards next weekend!

This weekend, at least tomorrow evening will be filled with trick or treats. Today, was the school parade, my poor 7 year old thought a band would follow and floats. Anyway, she is a "Day of the Dead" skull and looks really cute, with pink and purple spray in her hair. I was all for a Zombie, but perhaps next year. :D

Tomorrow night, we will set out to get some candy :catpump:

Awww :).

Hey guys! Happy Halloween!

I'm on day 3 of insulin injections (4 a day) so no treats for me today. Still getting used to the routine and carb counting and all that fun stuff. Thankfully, the insulin seems to be clearing my brain a bit so I can concentrate. I actually read 2 books last night!!! Planning to spend the evening reading and relaxing with a bowl of pumpkin seeds. :) There is also a ham, broccoli, cauliflower and cheese casserole calling my name later!

Abby, great to 'see' you :).

Happy All Saints Day!  It'll soon be Bonfire Night and then Remembrance Day in the UK, and we'll have Veterans Day and Thanksgiving in the US, there's the Melbourne Cup and Australia Day in Australia, Koningsdag (King's Feast) in Belguim, Armistice Day in France, but what's going on with you in November? 

Not much planned for me today, just going to try and get some reading done, and think about starting to plan for Christmas :lurker: … sorry, it's not that far away now, and don't want to leave everything to the last minute! :D

There seem a lot of special days going on. As far as I know, we have nothing very popular in November in the Netherlands. Nothing I celebrate anyway. Next up for me is Christmas.

It's nearly Christmas too, 54 sleeps!  :grinhat: Who has started their Christmas shopping? I have pretty much sorted my Mum as she is easy peasy to buy for and have starting on my MIL and FIL's hampers. My youngest has written his list..looks like it has a football and WWE theme this year, last year it was football and The Simpsons  :P . My eldest just wants money towards a paragliding holiday next year but I will need to think of some little bits for him, my daughter is in desperate need of a new phone so won't get a huge amount besides that as they are silly money. Goodness knows what I will get Steve as he is very hard to buy for, he has seen a designer toaster he wants  :roll: and is also keen on the idea of a ukelele for some strange reason, I think the ukelele idea will win as we have a perfectly serviceable toaster.  :giggle2: I haven't decided what to ask for as yet, what is on everyone else's Santa list?  :xmassmile:

Yay for Christmas shopping! It can't hurt to start early :).  

I bought my first Christmas gift! A purple stuffed elephant for my mum. She loves elephants, purple, and stuffed toys. Seems like a winner. :lol: Bought some wintery themed bedsheets and clothes over the weekend :)

Everything is pretty good with me lately, not much to report. Didn't do much for Halloween, had a bit of a hectic week last week at work and just wanted to chill out.

The elephant sounds so cute! I'm glad you are well :).

I've been doing a lot lately, so I hope to be able to rest a bit this upcoming week (aside from the appointments I have / had). I've been to the book fair, out shopping in the city, going to the library, went to see my psychiatrist, spent time with family. But I have had fun for the most part. Next weekend is the monthly read-a-thon so I look forward to sit down and read next weekend.

Had a lovely day yesterday visiting some friends and my goddaughter.  So many people crammed into a tiny house though, I don't know how they put up with each other!  Unfortunately, they've also got a cat now.  It's been ages since I was in someone's house with a cat, but it wasn't too bad.  They kept it out of the room for me, and I only stayed for a couple of hours, and I managed to get away with just a minor allergic reaction.

A quieter day planned today, just catching up with a few things and maybe some reading, then we're going out to eat later on.

I'm glad your allergies weren't too bad. I hope you have a nice quiet day today :).

I'm quite stressed today, for some reason. Gladly being on this forum helps a little bit. I've done some household things today, and while it is the read-a-thon I don't feel in the mood for reading, I feel too tense. This weekend I also went to the library and found some nice books. They were giving away a book for free to their members, because of a special occasion, a book with short stories written for the occasion, and I was happy they still had some. I also bought a couple of books in the library sale and I borrowed some books. I also spent some time reading the past few days. My boyfriend hasn't been feeling well (it's his ME) so I've been taking care of him.

I think today will be the last day I get home from work in the daylight until the spring.  Always feels like the last milestone before the Christmas period for me, and it won't be long before we light the wood burner.  Having said that, it was one of the warmest November nights on record last night, so the temperature's going to have to drop a lot before we get to that! :lol:

Early Christmas shopping brings us Goosebumps #1: Night of the Living Dummy.  Slappy is a ventriloquist puppet and scares me half to death!  7 year old loves Slappy though... it sold out in 7 days so lucky us!

Chesil, that is not nice. I remember though, when I was at university, I would have the same thing in November. It gets dark here around 17:15 (or 5:15) at the moment, maybe 17:30 (5:30). It's pretty early to get dark.

Wow, it sold out in 7 days! Anna, I'm glad your daughter enjoys it :). I have fond memories of Goosebumps.

Michael isn't feeling well today again so I'm taking care of him. Stupid ME :(. It's hard to see him feel so bad. I'm glad I can be there for him.

Sorry to hear Michael isn't feeling well, Gaia, and that you haven't been feeling the best yourself lately. Hope ye both start feeling a bit better.

Claire, I love going home in the dark! Love winter - I just wish it would stop raining!!

I haven't been on here much - work and social life been a bit busier than usual, but should be all quiet for the next little while and I'm getting back into reading again so I should be around more. Think I'm getting sick again though - ugh. Body, you're turning 28 tomorrow, not 82. Cop on.

I haven't been on here much - work and social life been a bit busier than usual, but should be all quiet for the next little while and I'm getting back into reading again so I should be around more. Think I'm getting sick again though - ugh. Body, you're turning 28 tomorrow, not 82. Cop on.

Its great you are around again!

And 28 is nothing :)

Christmas shopping almost done here, also very excited! I can't say this on Facebook, because I have my current managers on there as friends....and if I don't tell someone I am going to burst! I have a new job!! Does anyone else have their managers on facebook? I mean it's not weird...some of them are kind of friends as well.. Ok now I am babbling.

A very excited Shelfy

Sorry to hear Michael isn't feeling well, Gaia, and that you haven't been feeling the best yourself lately. Hope ye both start feeling a bit better.

Thanks, Noll :).

Awww, I hope you're not getting ill again :(.

Christmas shopping almost done here, also very excited! I can't say this on Facebook, because I have my current managers on there as friends....and if I don't tell someone I am going to burst! I have a new job!! Does anyone else have their managers on facebook? I mean it's not weird...some of them are kind of friends as well.. Ok now I am babbling.

Congrats on the new job! That must be awkward, about having your managers on Facebook.

Boris (our dog) has been feeling unwell the past two days. We thought it would pass, he feels bad from time to time but then soon after he coughs up a hairball, but he's been feeling dreadful for two days now. It's really sad. He hasn't eaten anything and only drunk a bit. He's hardly responding to us petting him. My parents are about to phone the vet. He might need surgery. My mum thinks his intestines might be blocked up from the hair (he bites his fur off because it annoys him). If that's the case he will need surgery. I'm really worried about him :(:wibbly:. I guess we'll find out in an hour or so.

My tooth's been hurting, I hope it's just some food being stuck or such or irritated gums, and nothing bad like a cavity :(.

Thanks, Noll :).

Awww, I hope you're not getting ill again :(.

Congrats on the new job! That must be awkward, about having your managers on Facebook.

Boris (our dog) has been feeling unwell the past two days. We thought it would pass, he feels bad from time to time but then soon after he coughs up a hairball, but he's been feeling dreadful for two days now. It's really sad. He hasn't eaten anything and only drunk a bit. He's hardly responding to us petting him. My parents are about to phone the vet. He might need surgery. My mum thinks his intestines might be blocked up from the hair (he bites his fur off because it annoys him). If that's the case he will need surgery. I'm really worried about him :(:wibbly:. I guess we'll find out in an hour or so.

My tooth's been hurting, I hope it's just some food being stuck or such or irritated gums, and nothing bad like a cavity :(.

Thanks! It is a little bit yeah.

Aww, that sucks! I hope Boris is ok and everything works out.

Hopefully everything works out ok for you. :(

Shelfy

Edited by BookShelfy91

Oh poor Boris, it does sound like a blockage so hopefully will be a relatively straightforward surgery if so. Is it possible to clip Komondors to make them more comfortable? He must get so hot bless him. Let us know how he gets on.

Hopefully your tooth will feel better soon, make sure you make an appointment soon if not, I know you don't like the dentist but probably better than being in pain, toothache is the worst! :(

Thanks! It is a little bit yeah.

Aww, that sucks! I hope Boris is ok and everything works out.

Hopefully everything works out ok for you. :(

Shelfy

Thanks! I hope so too. 

Oh poor Boris, it does sound like a blockage so hopefully will be a relatively straightforward surgery if so. Is it possible to clip Komondors to make them more comfortable? He must get so hot bless him. Let us know how he gets on.

Hopefully your tooth will feel better soon, make sure you make an appointment soon if not, I know you don't like the dentist but probably better than being in pain, toothache is the worst! :(

Yes, if it is a blockage and he survives, we'll cut his hair much shorter. His father used to bite his fur off too, it's not natural for them to do this. Boris does get hot in summer but he's fine in winter. He usually stays inside a lot in summer, if it gets hot. Inside the house it stays generally cool. He lays on the cold stone floor.

Thanks! I have an appointment with the dentist in about 6 weeks, for a regular check-up. So I hope it will be okay until then. If it gets worse though, I might have to ask for an earlier appointment.

Well my parents went to the vet and the vet said he thinks Boris has the flu. Boris was given an injection. If he's not feeling a bit better by tomorrow we have to go again. His intestines sounded good according to the vet. So that's a relief. I hope the vet is right and Boris will feel better soon. I'm keeping a close watch on him today. I also hope Pamuk won't get infected (our other dog).