What's Up in November 2015?

chesilbeach

Air conditioning. Kind of a fan on a colder and grander scale.  The air conditioning at my current workplace is kind of not great. Hence the yayness (I know, not a word) of it in my new job. Thank you!!!

Ahhh, yes!  I know it well.  For some reason my mind went to air travel and I was like oooh, nice :lol:  Pretty much every building in existence here has air conditioning but I'm with you on it being a big win with your new job!  Congrats again :D

Wooo Noll for having a job and a good holiday coming up!  I'm so very happy for you.

Today is the end of a long work week for me!  It's a half day for me so later I'll hit the gym for a workout before my dance jam class.  Tomorrow morning I'm meeting an old colleague of mine for breakfast and then I'm keeping myself home to get some much needed things done.  

I hope everyone has a great weekend! :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a busy couple of weeks at work, but I'm off for a week now.  Took a trip to the recycling centre this morning to get rid of the wood from the bookshelves that had to be ripped out of the living room, plus an old metal frame from an old aquarium that's been lying around in the garage for years.  Then off to the shops to get some bits and pieces, before grabbing a couple of take out coffees and going round to see my dad.

I'm going to see A Matter of Life and Death at the cinema this weekend … can't wait to see it on a big screen, such a fantastic film but I've only ever seen it on television.

Hi!!!

Athenea what a lovely Christmas Tree!!!

Noll congrats on your new job!!!!

This weekend I attended to a Design Workshop, it was really nice, some famous designers gave lecturers and also there was a workshop about Big Data. I enjoyed a lot but now I'm exhausted!!!

The weather is getting worse, it's really cold and rainy so I will spend the rest of the afternoon in home.

Went to work today  and quit my job. I loved my work but my supervisor has been exhibiting some disturbing characteristics that caused all hades to break loose. I'm a great employee. I'm also the type that will own up to my screw ups and will do what I need to make it right. My former supervisor was the type who would watch me make mistakes and then put it on his "list." He'd wait for weeks on end to come at me with something trivial that I'd supposedly done. He'd wait til the incident was so far in the past that I would struggle to recall what he was referring to. Once I remembered and would explain what it was I was trying to accomplish, he'd act like he was laying a trap to catch me in a lie. For real. I'd come in to work, say good morning with a smile only to have him go into full on "petty" mode. I'm like, "can't you at least say good morning first?" I tried talking to him about it but what can you say to a self righteous preacher (he is a church elder) who is unable to admit that he's part of the problem? It was always my fault. I'm just not built to put up with that kind of crap. 

Anyway, last Friday the office had its Thanksgiving luncheon. The food stayed in the fridge over the weekend. He put it out on the table early in the am. It remained out all that day. By the end of the day it was not only unhealthy but disgusting looking. King Petty told me to dispose of it so I did. I had to go on an errand this afternoon  and when I came back, there was a snarky email from the office manager telling me that I was out of line for tossing the food. wth? I wen to her office to let explain to her that I would not have tossed out the food without getting the all clear. As I was telling her that I was told to get rid of it King Petty walked by. I asked him if he could explain to her that he had told me to get rid of the food. He looked me dead in the face and told her "I never told her that." I was floored. Had HE just admitted it, she would have shrugged it off but by laying the  blame on me and denying it, he called me a liar and he did it in front of the office manager. 

I was livid. I have always been of the mindset that I will be loyal to my employer if my employer is loyal to me. When he did that all bets were off. After that, there is absolutely NO trust. What surprised him was what I called him before I left. He actually thought that I was going to just shrug off how he humiliated me. 

Time to reevaluate what I want to do with myself. I just can't find myself in this situation again.

Thanks for all your comments on our Christmas tree :).

Virginia, your employer sounds like such an ass. I hope you will be able to find a better job with a nicer employer.

It's been cold here, and sometimes rainy and / or windy. So I've been staying inside a lot and read quite a bit.

Virginia your employer was such an ass!!! I hope you will find a better job!!!

Here is cold and rainy too. The city is putting up the Christimas decorations so in a couple of days I will be in a beautiful city!!!! I love Christmas decorations!

Thanks y'all!

I woke up Wednesday morning feeling a little melancholy and I will occasionally replay the scene again. Each time I come to the same conclusion, except that I've added a few more choice words to lay on him. My family has been really supportive. Things will be a little tight but not "undo-able." While my income is gone, hubby's disabled veteran's benefits have increased. It actually replaces my income. Plus his job is going really well. We'll do fine. Right now I just have to get passed the anger and desire to toss crap on his car! lmbo!! Alas, he's not worth the crap.

OABN (On a better note!) Dinner was a success, all the little minions gobbled it down. I don't have to spend the evening cleaning (cause its done) no chores to do (done also) and no place to go (hate going out on holidays). All in all, its a good day!

Did a massive shop yesterday, spent way too much money on clothes, shoes and make up for the new job. I can't get over the christmas stuff that is being sold already, shops have been selling it since october...it's incredible...it isn't even December! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!

Shelfy

It's been a crazy month around here. I've had an angiogram (all clear), and cataract surgery. Not to mention tests, and more tests. :roll:

Also main computer went nutso on me. The cursor jumping like a Mexican Jumping Bean, then the keyboard developed a mind of its own. Googled, tried several fixes, unsuccessfully. Then decided to move the wireless mouse and keyboard to the top of the desk instead of the pullout underneath. VIOLA! No more problems........./fingers and toes crossed/!

Phew!! :D

Thank goodness I had the iPad.......heh

Last day of November! Where have the last few months gone?

For once I've got just about all my Christmas shopping done before December. Most of it won't arrive for another week or two, but it's on the way. Just gotta get wrapping paper (I've already bought my Christmas cards!) and then I'm sorted. Sadly my Christmas tree won't arrive until probably next week, so it's gonna be quite late going up, but I'm looking forward to it as I've bought a ton of new decorations this year.

We have a Ferris wheel here in Cork every year at Christmas time, so I'm gonna be going on that on Thursday (weather permitting) and on Saturday I'm going to see Jimmy Carr! Wahey, I love this time of year. I love going out and doing things this time of year, really makes it feel like a special occasion. :D

Did a massive shop yesterday, spent way too much money on clothes, shoes and make up for the new job. I can't get over the christmas stuff that is being sold already, shops have been selling it since october...it's incredible...it isn't even December! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!

I hope you enjoy your new things :).

It's been a crazy month around here. I've had an angiogram (all clear), and cataract surgery. Not to mention tests, and more tests. :roll:

Also main computer went nutso on me. The cursor jumping like a Mexican Jumping Bean, then the keyboard developed a mind of its own. Googled, tried several fixes, unsuccessfully. Then decided to move the wireless mouse and keyboard to the top of the desk instead of the pullout underneath. VIOLA! No more problems........./fingers and toes crossed/!

Phew!! :D

Thank goodness I had the iPad.......heh

I'm glad you are doing okay health wise :friends0:. I'm glad the computer is working better again, it's never nice when they are not working properly (I find it pretty hard to deal with :banghead:, the computer is so important). I hope yours will keep working allright.

Sitting here with my ankle swollen and wrapped. Doctor said arthritis has set in and there's not much that can be done  about it. Ugh. Trying to maneuver around this tiny house with crutches ain't my cuppa.

Awww, is there really nothing they can do :(? I'm so sorry :flowers2:.

For once I've got just about all my Christmas shopping done before December. Most of it won't arrive for another week or two, but it's on the way. Just gotta get wrapping paper (I've already bought my Christmas cards!) and then I'm sorted. Sadly my Christmas tree won't arrive until probably next week, so it's gonna be quite late going up, but I'm looking forward to it as I've bought a ton of new decorations this year.

We have a Ferris wheel here in Cork every year at Christmas time, so I'm gonna be going on that on Thursday (weather permitting) and on Saturday I'm going to see Jimmy Carr! Wahey, I love this time of year. I love going out and doing things this time of year, really makes it feel like a special occasion. :D

Have fun with the Christmas stuff, and with the Ferris wheel and seeing Jimmy Carr :D.

After a week of feeling under the weather and being unable to concentrate, I feel a bit better since last Friday. I'm still feeling tired unfortunately, hopefully with some rest that will get a bit better too.

EDIT: Oh I totally forgot :doh:. My parents calendar is in our local bookshop now :). Here is a picture:

20151128_102502_Arrow_0.25.jpg

It was totally exciting to see it in the book shop :exc:. Most copies of the calendar were bulk orders by companies, in total around 10,000 calendars have been produced and sold.

I am glad everything turned out ok!

Sitting here with my ankle swollen and wrapped. Doctor said arthritis has set in and there's not much that can be done  about it. Ugh. Trying to maneuver around this tiny house with crutches ain't my cuppa.

I'm so sorry, its like, the last thing you need!

Last day of November! Where have the last few months gone?

For once I've got just about all my Christmas shopping done before December. Most of it won't arrive for another week or two, but it's on the way.

I know, right?  Tomorrow is December 1st!  I "cyber shop" too, Amazon is my best friend :P

I know, right?  Tomorrow is December 1st!  I "cyber shop" too, Amazon is my best friend :P

I got stuff from Hot Topic and ThinkGeek. Absolutely extortionate shipping - flat rate of $40 from Hot Topic. I just bought a load of stuff I wanted and overspent to get the most out of the flat rate. Back in the good ole days, that would have been about €28, but now it's about €38. Useless exchange rate at the moment.