What's Up in November 2015?

chesilbeach

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HBD, Noll!  I hope you have a fab day, and 28 is nothing!  Just wait until you're 40, it's all downhill from there! :P:lol:

I hope Boris is on the mend, Athena.  It's so hard seeing pets ill, I know, especially since they can't tell you exactly what's wrong.

I'm afraid I'm one of those grumpy bah humbug winter types.  Getting to work when it's dark and going home when it's dark is just too depressing for me.  The worse part is driving in the snow and ice.  Maybe if I lived somewhere else where the winters weren't so frigid like they are in MN I'd like it better?  But I cannot wait until the winter solstice next month when the days start getting longer.  Yay! :D

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a good day. Finally got back on the forum to see what's up and catch up on some reading. Had a busy couple of months, I graduated and started working so I had to deal with paperwork and didn't read much, but I think my reading mojo might be back now so I'm taking advantage of that.

Sending positive vibes to anyone in need of them *~~~~~~~*

Well my parents went to the vet and the vet said he thinks Boris has the flu. Boris was given an injection. If he's not feeling a bit better by tomorrow we have to go again. His intestines sounded good according to the vet. So that's a relief. I hope the vet is right and Boris will feel better soon. I'm keeping a close watch on him today. I also hope Pamuk won't get infected (our other dog).

I hope he is better tomorrow, keep Pamuk safe!  Sweethearts.  I don't know where we'd be without our furry friends :wub:

HBD, Noll!  I hope you have a fab day, and 28 is nothing!  Just wait until you're 40, it's all downhill from there! :P:lol:

:she:  :lol:

I hope you had a nice birthday, Noll :).

A lot of people on here keep saying "wait until you're 30 / 40 / 50 / 60", but that doesn't mean Noll's birthday isn't important to her now :).

I hope Boris is on the mend, Athena.  It's so hard seeing pets ill, I know, especially since they can't tell you exactly what's wrong.

Thanks! He is :). It's very hard :(. But he seems to be feeling a bit better, so it looks like he'll be fine with some more days of rest. I'm very happy about that, I was really worried we'd lose him (as surgery on the intestines can be quite dangerous).

I'm afraid I'm one of those grumpy bah humbug winter types.  Getting to work when it's dark and going home when it's dark is just too depressing for me.  The worse part is driving in the snow and ice.  Maybe if I lived somewhere else where the winters weren't so frigid like they are in MN I'd like it better?  But I cannot wait until the winter solstice next month when the days start getting longer.  Yay! :D

My sister is like that too, she has winter depression. I do find it gloomy in the winter that we don't have much light, but I'm not much more down in winter than at other times in the year. I don't like driving or cycling in the snow though. I'll not forget all my falls, and my dad's broken leg. So I'm really careful when there's snow on the floor. I've only driven in snow once, during my driving lessons. After 20 minutes, the teacher gave up and said, since we could only go very slowly, that it was good I had experienced driving in snow once now, but that we'd cut the lesson short that day. I hope you won't feel too bad this winter :friends0:

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a good day. Finally got back on the forum to see what's up and catch up on some reading. Had a busy couple of months, I graduated and started working so I had to deal with paperwork and didn't read much, but I think my reading mojo might be back now so I'm taking advantage of that.

Sending positive vibes to anyone in need of them *~~~~~~~*

Congratulations on graduating :)! What were you studying? I hope you will be able to do some reading. Sending positive vibes to you too :).

I hope he is better tomorrow, keep Pamuk safe!  Sweethearts.  I don't know where we'd be without our furry friends :wub:

He is feeling better than yesterday :). Pamuk is fine, she is acting like normal so she isn't ill. I'm very happy it looks like Boris will be fine too in a little while. Me either :wub:.

Hi!!!

Brida congratulations!!!!!!

Athenea I hope you both and your pet are all right now!! Our pets are very important to us so we are unhappy when they are ill.

Here it's dark by 19 or 19.30, I don't like it, I prefer the summer but I'm not depress about it.

I'm a bit busy, in 3 weeks from now I have my English Exam so I'm very nervous!!! I'm having some problems for sleep, it always happen to me when I'm stressed or nervous about something. I hope I will sleep better in the following weeks.

I'm reading a lot too but in English to improve my voabulary, I'm reading Mockingjay for the next movie and To Kill a Mockingbird in the English Book Club.

I haven't bought anything for Xmas yet but I'm thinking what to buy for my family and boyfriend.

Feeling very accomplished today. My partner and I put a massive dent in our christmas shopping list. Have a couple more to sort out, also finished a book in just over 24hrs. Been a while since I've been able to do that.

Glad to hear boris is doing better Athena, hopefully he continues to improve.

Shelfy

Congratz on finishing a book in a day Shelfy, must admit I'm a bit jealous :)

Thank you Athena and Sabry, I studied Medicine and am now an intern. Good luck on your English exam Sabry, I hope the nervousness decreases and you're able to sleep better! :)

As for the subject of pets, it really is terrible when they're not feeling well. My dog has allergies (yes, plural, as if one wouldn't have been bad enough) and is sick year-round, so we visit the vet pretty much every month :mellow: 

Athenea I hope you both and your pet are all right now!! Our pets are very important to us so we are unhappy when they are ill.

Thanks, Boris is feeling a lot better now :)!

Here it's dark by 19 or 19.30, I don't like it, I prefer the summer but I'm not depress about it.

Here it gets dark around 17:00-17:15 (5 - 5:15 PM), at the moment.

I'm a bit busy, in 3 weeks from now I have my English Exam so I'm very nervous!!! I'm having some problems for sleep, it always happen to me when I'm stressed or nervous about something. I hope I will sleep better in the following weeks.

I'm reading a lot too but in English to improve my voabulary, I'm reading Mockingjay for the next movie and To Kill a Mockingbird in the English Book Club.

I really hope your exam will go well :)!

Feeling very accomplished today. My partner and I put a massive dent in our christmas shopping list. Have a couple more to sort out, also finished a book in just over 24hrs. Been a while since I've been able to do that.

Glad to hear boris is doing better Athena, hopefully he continues to improve.

It's great that you're making good progress with the Christmas shopping. And finishing a book in 24 hours :).

Thanks, he is improving :). I'd say he's almost back to 'normal'.

Thank you Athena and Sabry, I studied Medicine and am now an intern. Good luck on your English exam Sabry, I hope the nervousness decreases and you're able to sleep better! :)

As for the subject of pets, it really is terrible when they're not feeling well. My dog has allergies (yes, plural, as if one wouldn't have been bad enough) and is sick year-round, so we visit the vet pretty much every month :mellow:

Wow, that's very interesting. My mum studied medicine, but she doesn't work as a medical doctor currently (she is one though). Instead she works for this government health organisation that advises the government and other health organisations about situations. Her speciality is youth (children).

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog's allergies, that's quite sad. What sort of things is he / she allergic to? What kind of breed is he / she?

We had a great lunch with my grandparents. It was unfortunately busier than I thought it would be, but the food was great. I had a custom made salad. So delicious and healthy.

This weekend we also went to a huge sort of supermarket (the Sligro). They sell products to companies. My dad has his own company, so he can go there. We have been to the one in Helmond several times, but my mum's been meaning to go to the one in Eindhoven (because they have an big herb area) and now we finally did. It was MASSIVE. And awesome to see all the food and non-food items. It might not mean much to people who are used to huge supermarkets, but it was new to me and I had a great time visiting the shop. It was great to restock certain herbs, which we can only get at that shop and not anywhere else.

Yesterday afternoon I spent pretty much all of the time lying on bed though, because I had a massive headache due to going to a restaurant for lunch and visiting the shop on the same day. Which I did think wasn't a smart idea, but I really wanted to go (and the shops are closed here on Sundays). It was either go then, or not go for a while (since my parents are pretty busy people, and my mum usually doesn't like shopping). The last time we went to the one in Helmond was about a year ago.

I'm so happy I feel a lot better today than yesterday. I had an appointment about my treatment plan, that went well.

We had owls and some other birds of prey on campus today! Popped over during my lunch break for a look at them :D There were six, but I nicked just these two photos off a friend as I (very intelligently) left my phone in my office.

post-4797-0-47075300-1447685441_thumb.jpgpost-4797-0-06139500-1447685433_thumb.jpg

Getting very excited!, I haven't said anything to my boss about my new job just yet, waiting until I have something in writing. Which won't be until about two weeks after my docs appointment tomorrow. So I am thinking start date would be around christmas? Getting very excited and nervous as hell (although I won't admit that if anyone asks) I do know however that my hours will be 8-4:30, which means a sleep in! Not a big one granted but a sleep in all the same!! Combine that with, more pay that I am getting now and air con (a massive decider for me hehe) and I cannot wait for it to start!!! Sorry, I still haven't been able to tell anyone besides family (while telling them to keep it quiet on facebook) and my partner and housemate.

Current job is becoming very frustrating, getting a lot harder to keep from saying something silly. Now I am just venting..

Shelfy

I hope your new job will be a lot better :)! I'm sorry your current job is so frustrating :(. Hopefully soon it will be different!

The plan for today is to put up the Christmas decorations. I know it's early, it's not been Sinterklaas yet (December 5), but we don't celebrate Sinterklaas anymore, we put the decorations up around this time last year, and since it's only the second year of having decorations in my own bakery, I really want to put them up :grinhat:.

The plan for today is to put up the Christmas decorations. I know it's early, it's not been Sinterklaas yet (December 5), but we don't celebrate Sinterklaas anymore, we put the decorations up around this time last year, and since it's only the second year of having decorations in my own bakery, I really want to put them up :grinhat:.

Muahaha I approve!! It is a bit early, but meh! Go for it! I passed a house last night (student housing I think) which had decorations up, so I can confirm you are at least the second person in Europe to do so :giggle:  :cheers: 

BookShelfy, when you were talking about your new job up there you mentioned 'air con.'  What is that?  Congrats and a shhhYIPPEEshhh from me on your job! :D

Being the old Scrooge that I am, I probably won't be putting up any Christmas stuff for another few weeks.  But you have fun, Athena! :lol::D

I baked a couple loaves of lemon zucchini bread last night for a bake sale today at work and they smell so good sitting next to me on my desk!  My cup of coffee is slowly inching itself towards them...

Muahaha I approve!! It is a bit early, but meh! Go for it! I passed a house last night (student housing I think) which had decorations up, so I can confirm you are at least the second person in Europe to do so :giggle:  :cheers:

And I have TWO in my neighborhood already so.  Enjoy!!  :grinhat:

Being the old Scrooge that I am, I probably won't be putting up any Christmas stuff for another few weeks.  But you have fun, Athena! :lol::D

I baked a couple loaves of lemon zucchini bread last night for a bake sale today at work

That doesn't sounds Scrooge-y at all!

Brida medicine very interesting!!! How are you in job? Is very stressful?¿

Athenea I'm glad that Boris is much better!! It's sounds very interesting the supermarket! I'ver never been in one like that.

Nollaig owl!!!! OMG!!! So strange for me!! Here in Coruña I once saw an owl in the hard shoulder of one motorway but in campus never!

BookShelfy congrats on your new job!!! I hope you will be more happier than in your current job!

In mi home we put up the Christmas decorations on the 8 of December because it's the official date, every year is a bank holiday.

BookShelfy, when you were talking about your new job up there you mentioned 'air con.'  What is that?  Congrats and a shhhYIPPEEshhh from me on your job! :D

Air conditioning. Kind of a fan on a colder and grander scale.  The air conditioning at my current workplace is kind of not great. Hence the yayness (I know, not a word) of it in my new job. Thank you!!!

Shelfy

Thank you :grinhat:. Here's a picture of the tree. I will post it in the Christmas tree topic in the Christmas forum too, once the forum is up. I took some pictures of the decorations too but they came out all blurry.

DSC03842_0.125.jpg

I baked a couple loaves of lemon zucchini bread last night for a bake sale today at work and they smell so good sitting next to me on my desk!  My cup of coffee is slowly inching itself towards them...

Thanks, we did have fun :).

The bread sounds so delicious :)

Athenea I'm glad that Boris is much better!! It's sounds very interesting the supermarket! I'ver never been in one like that.

Nollaig owl!!!! OMG!!! So strange for me!! Here in Coruña I once saw an owl in the hard shoulder of one motorway but in campus never!

BookShelfy congrats on your new job!!! I hope you will be more happier than in your current job!

In mi home we put up the Christmas decorations on the 8 of December because it's the official date, every year is a bank holiday.

Thanks Sabry :). Traditionally we put up our decorations after December 5th, because on December 5th it's Sinterklaas. But we don't celebrate that anymore and I just really felt like putting them up :blush2:. It all looks so pretty. It's nice to know in Spain it's December 8th :).

Ahhhh can't wait for the Christmas forum. I have a job this year, a 5-week-month of pay coming up, and I cannot WAIT. Christmas is gonna be so good this year. Love your tree Gaia, it's beautiful!

Me either. I hope you have a great Christmas this year :grinhat:. Thank you :xmassmile:!

I've not been here for ages. Catching up on the posts has been like taking on a novel itself!! I've been super busy (not with reading, unfortunately) but am still resisting the fact that Christmas is coming (apart from using it as a bargaining chip for my eldest's behaviour ;) - it's the first year he's been properly aware of the Christmas build up & what it entails.

Congrats on the new job Shelfy! I haven't got my boss on Facebook but I have got some colleagues as friends. It can be annoying that you can't vent about your job or make any mention of job hunting because of this. :lol: