Your Book Activity - November 2015

chesilbeach

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished NOS4R2 by Joe Hill. I really didn't like it much. :negative:

That's too bad, I guess you just don't get on with Hill.  I liked Victoria, thought she was great.

I am 50% in my re-read of Margaret Atwood's A Handmaid's Tale. 

Just finished The Well of Loneliness.  Well enough written, but thoroughly and tediously miserable.  Dragged more than any book of recent recall.  Glad to have moved on, and have now started The News From Waterloo by Brian Cathcart.

Currently reading (just started today) "Song Of Susannah" By Stephen King. Not the first time I have tried to read this series but it is the first time I have gotten this far into the Dark Tower Series. I am really enjoying it.

Cheers,

Shelfy

I finally finished The Bone Clocks!!! It's been such a long read, I'm still trying to decide whether I enjoyed it or not. :dunno:

Went to Waterstone's yesterday to see if they had Ali Smith's new book, but no luck, however, they did have a copy of her first novel Like which has been reprinted and I've never read, so I bought that instead. :smile2:

Just finished The Well of Loneliness. Well enough written, but thoroughly and tediously miserable. Dragged more than any book of recent recall

Oh dear! I'm not looking forward to this!

I finished this week's installment of A Tale of Two Cities yesterday and read some more of Love for Lydia by H E Bates. :)

I finally finished The Bone Clocks!!! It's been such a long read, I'm still trying to decide whether I enjoyed it or not. :dunno:

:exc:

Now starting The Humans by Matt Haig.

:)

I hope you enjoy it!

Edited by Anna Begins

Just finished The Well of Loneliness.  Well enough written, but thoroughly and tediously miserable.  Dragged more than any book of recent recall.  Glad to have moved on, and have now started The News From Waterloo by Brian Cathcart.

Oh dear! I might put that one off for a while...

Hoorah...picked up another Diane Chamberlain...(yeh I needed this one honest, it is the first one of trilogy I didn't have as I have the other two). There is a little local coffee shop that has shelves of books, you can take one/leave one. I saw this months ago and kept forgetting to go back to get it. I had picked up one of the others in this trilogy there before, but not realised it was part of 3...and it was still there....so swapped my book, had a coffee and scone and read the book I had with me....bliss.

'Keeper of the Light' by Diane Chamberlain

...and it was still there....so swapped my book, had a coffee and scone and read the book I had with me....bliss.

Nice!!

I finished A Handmaid's Tale and started my favorite book, Gone With the Wind.  So delicious already.

I finished A Handmaid's Tale...

Was this your first read of it?  What do you think?

I've been feeling under the weather today.  On the plus side, I read 230 pages of, and therefore finished, Love for Lydia by H E Bates and also read the very short poem book Dorothy Wordsworth's Christmas Birthday by Carol Ann Duffy.  :)

Was this your first read of it?  What do you think?

It was a re-read... I originally (last year) gave it a 2/5 :lol: But I've been through thick and thin with Atwood- with the MaddAddam trilogy.  I just read her latest The Heart Goes Last (awesome) and it made me re think that 2/5!  I loved it- but my Kindle automatically excluded the Historical Notes, which totally changed the whole thing... you have to use the back button on the Fire when it dumps you into the Amazon bookstore :roll:

I think I have this one on my TBR pile. I tend to pick up any Diane Chamberlain when I see them on offer, because they never disappoint. :smile:

I finished A Handmaid's Tale and started my favorite book, Gone With the Wind.  So delicious already.

I loved Gone With The Wind when I read it a couple of years ago. Soooo good.

I've given up on The Humans by Matt Haig, not my cup of tea at all..

Oh no, that's a shame! What was it that you didn't like about it?