Your Book Activity - November 2015

chesilbeach

Hoorah...picked up another Diane Chamberlain...(yeh I needed this one honest, it is the first one of trilogy I didn't have as I have the other two). There is a little local coffee shop that has shelves of books, you can take one/leave one. I saw this months ago and kept forgetting to go back to get it. I had picked up one of the others in this trilogy there before, but not realised it was part of 3...and it was still there....so swapped my book, had a coffee and scone and read the book I had with me....bliss.

'Keeper of the Light' by Diane Chamberlain

I haven't read this one (nor the others in the series), I hope it'll be good :).

I finished A Handmaid's Tale and started my favorite book, Gone With the Wind. So delicious already.

Enjoy reading your favourite book :D!

I've given up on The Humans by Matt Haig, not my cup of tea at all.. Will start Inside The O'Briens by Lisa Genova this evening hopefully. :)

Awww :(. I hope you enjoy Inside The O'Briens more :).

I finished a couple of children's books and am now going to read the last four Stilton library loans I've got. First up is Thea Stilton - Princessen van Fantasia: De Koraalprinses (Principesse del Regno della Fantasia 2: Principessa Dei Coralli).

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will start Inside The O'Briens by Lisa Genova this evening hopefully. :)

Oh wow, already? :D:exc: I hope you enjoy it! Keep me posted! (I just got the library copy yesterday, but have a few other books I want to read before getting into it... )

I finished A Handmaid's Tale and started my favorite book, Gone With the Wind.  So delicious already.

GwtW is so great :wub: Enjoy! :) 

I'm getting along great with The Accident by Linwood Barclay :) 

I've given up on The Humans by Matt Haig, not my cup of tea at all.. Will start Inside The O'Briens by Lisa Genova this evening hopefully. :)

Oh that's a shame, sorry you didn't enjoy it. I really liked it.

I read Michelle Paver's Dark Matter over the last couple of days, and really enjoyed it. So atmospheric and depsite the unusual setting it had a really classic feel to it.

Now reading Reviver by Seth Patrick. So far I'm loving how fleshed out (no pun intended) it all is. Only about 50 pages in but really enjoying it.

Yay for getting back on the reading bandwagon!

I finished the fantastic The Wolf Wilder by Katherine Rundell today. Although a children's book, it's a brilliant historical novel set in Russia about a young girl who helps re-wild wolves that have been kept as "pets" by wealthy families, who sets out to free her mother from from prison. Beautifully described landscape and nature amid a tale of tyrannical military leaders and a girl who lives with wolves.

I read Michelle Paver's Dark Matter over the last couple of days, and really enjoyed it. So atmospheric and depsite the unusual setting it had a really classic feel to it.

I love Michelle Paver's writing. We read Dark Matter at my book group last year and had a really good discussion about the ghost in our group!

Oh no, that's a shame! What was it that you didn't like about it?

It was just too odd for me, and I couldn't stand the main character, I could only read a few pages at a time so knew it wasn't going to be a winner. :(

Oh wow, already? :D:exc: I hope you enjoy it! Keep me posted! (I just got the library copy yesterday, but have a few other books I want to read before getting into it... )

Well, Robbie was at school so I cheated and avoided the Book Box as I fancied this one!  ;)  :giggle2:

:o

But I hope your next read treats you better :)

I loved Gone With The Wind when I read it a couple of years ago. Soooo good.

I can't put it down!

Enjoy reading your favourite book :D!

I finished a couple of children's books and am now going to read the last four Stilton library loans I've got. First up is Thea Stilton - Princessen van Fantasia: De Koraalprinses (Principesse del Regno della Fantasia 2: Principessa Dei Coralli).

Thanks!  Enjoy your Stilton!

GwtW is so great :wub: Enjoy! :)

I'm getting along great with The Accident by Linwood Barclay :)

Thanks, enjoy your new read :)

Thanks!  Enjoy your Stilton!

Thanks :). I've read two now, and am currently in the middle of a third (then there's a fourth one left). I read Thea Stilton - Princessen van Fantasia: De Koraalprinses (Principesse del Regno della Fantasia 2: Principessa Dei Coralli) which was nice but not brilliant, and I read Thea Stilton - Prinsessen van Fantasia 6: Koningin van de Slaap (Principesse del Regno della Fantasia 6: La Regina del Sonno) which was really good. I'm currently reading Thea Stilton - Heksen van Fantasia 3: De Heks van Klank en Toon (Strega Del Suono) which is nice so far. Reading the Stilton books' original titles teaches me Italian. Who says (fiction) books can't teach you anything :giggle2:..

I'm glad you're enjoying Gone With The Wind!

Well, Robbie was at school so I cheated and avoided the Book Box as I fancied this one!  ;)  :giggle2:

:lol: :lol: Are you going to confess? :giggle2: This is why going to school is so important! :D

I'm getting on brilliantly with The Accident, I can't wait to read more :smile2: 

Just finished reading "Song Of Susannah", I have to say I'm not a fan of how it ends. The ending is very abrupt and unsatisfying. Other than that I did enjoy it.

I now have three to choose from:

"Colorado Kid"

"Salem's Lot"

Or "The Awakening" and "The Struggle" Vampire Diaries books one and two by L.J.Smith.

Not sure which one to read next.

Shelfy

I've been reading the outlander series by Diana gabaldon. I'm on the 7th book called Echo in the Bone. It's a fantastic series I absolutely love it. Any of yall heard of it or read it before?

I've not read them yet but I do own most of them. I planned to start with them this year but I haven't got around to it yet :thud:. I did like the first half of season 1 of the TV series though (I haven't seen the second half).

I finished the Stilton books and am now reading Tonya Hurley - Ghostgirl 1: Ghostgirl (Dutch), a book about a girl in secondary school who chokes on a winegum and dies, then becomes a sort of ghost. So far it's good. I don't know anything about the book, I just liked the cover, and so far it's pleasantly surprised me. I quite like the writing style.

It was OK, but you didn't miss very much by not finishing it IMO.

So after starting The Colorado Kid last night, I managed to finish it today, and am about to start Salem's Lot, so I can pretty much kiss any sleep this month good bye...I've only watched the movie and that terrified me, so I am assuming that the book will be along the same lines.

shelfy