What's Up in October? - 2015

frankie

Awww :( that's pretty sad.

Good luck with the car, I hope you can relax a bit later in the day. You deserve that after such a busy week :).

I had a great birthday weekend. On Saturday I went to the library (library sale + borrowing books) and did a bit of shopping in town. In the afternoon I spent a lot of time cooking, baking and preparing food for Sunday. On Sunday I had a lot of visitors and I really enjoyed spending time with them. I did unfortunately have a headache in the afternoon, so part of the time was spent lying down. Aside from my headache though, I really enjoyed myself. I have been spoiled! And now I'm thirty.. that's going to take some getting used to :giggle2:.

I'm quite tired now from everything, so I think most of this week will be spent resting and taking things slow (though I will go to the book fair next weekend :P).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi!!

Athenea Happy Birthday!! Although with a bit delay!

How nice that your dad appeared on TV!!!!

chesilbeach how sad about yout favourite cafe!! it's a pity

Nollaig I hope you had a nice time in your parent's house

I'm enjoying very much in the English Book Club, people are very nice and the book is interesting, it's The Sense of an Ending. I hope I could improve my speaking a little bit and my vocabulary.

In December I'm taking the Advanced English Examination (C1), the Cambridge's Exams, I'm very nervous, so I have to study hard this month but I hope I will pass!!!!! It's costs 200€ so I hope to pass it.

I haven't find a job yet, I'm studying some courses but still is a bit depressing.

Not had a great morning, nothing serious, just niggling things that have been irritating and annoying, but I've finished work and survived the drive home, sorted out my phone, and run the errands I needed to, so I'm now settled down with a cuppa and getting ready to relax and read my book! :D Bring on the weekend!!!  :readingtwo:  :readingtwo:  :readingtwo:  :readingtwo:  :readingtwo: 

This weekend, at least tomorrow evening will be filled with trick or treats.  Today, was the school parade, my poor 7 year old thought a band would follow and floats.  Anyway, she is a "Day of the Dead" skull and looks really cute, with pink and purple spray in her hair.  I was all for a Zombie, but perhaps next year.  :D

Tomorrow night, we will set out to get some candy :catpump:

It may be Hallowe'en, but it smells like Christmas in our house this morning … the cakes are baking in the oven as we speak! :D

Not much planned for today … more reading (obviously!) for the Hallowe'en Read-A-Thon, plus I need to get some shopping done, and will visit my Dad too.  One of the cinemas in Bristol is showing Casablanca tomorrow lunchtime, and I've never seen it at the cinema, only on the small screen, so I might make the effort to go and watch it, but Sundays are lazy days, and not sure if I can be bothered to drive there and back just to see it, as that'll take up most of the day.  See how I feel tomorrow, I think.

Hey guys! Happy Halloween! 

I'm on day 3 of insulin injections (4 a day) so no treats for me today. Still getting used to the routine and carb counting and all that fun stuff. Thankfully, the insulin seems to be clearing my brain a bit so I can concentrate. I actually read 2 books last night!!! Planning to spend the evening reading and relaxing with a bowl of pumpkin seeds. :) There is also a ham, broccoli, cauliflower and cheese casserole calling my name later!