New illustrated Harry Potter books

Janet

I was going to post this in the Children's/YA section, but as so many adults love this book I thought I'd post it here instead as it's about the edition rather than the content.

Yesterday Bloomsbury released a new, large, hardback edition of it, illustrated by Jim Kay. I saw it today in Waterstone's and it's wonderful!

Apologies if you've seen this on my FB/Instagram:

Harry Potter 1.jpg

Harry Potter 2.jpg

It's £30 but worth every galleon to a big Harry Potter fan!  Is anyone tempted?  I think it's lovely but I'm not sure I'd buy it.

Really love it .. but worried about how much room all seven of them are going to take up  :blush2: All the same .. it's gorgeous. I picked it up in Waterstone's to have a flick through .. had very strong feelings of want/need/desire  :D I guess he is going to illustrate the others? How large will The Order of the Phoenix be?  :o  :wub: I guess it's too much to hope for an edit!  :D 

• 5 months later...

The second illustrated book has been announced. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets will be published 4 October 2016.

Janet, I hope you don't mind, but I've altered the title of the thread to include all illustrated editions now that it appears they'll all be published.

I love them, but can't quite justify the price.

• 4 weeks later...

My sister bought me the first, and it is beautiful. Chamber is my favourite (along with half-blood prince) so I may splash out on that one myself, the others I think will be more wishlist than to buy

Janet, I hope you don't mind, but I've altered the title of the thread to include all illustrated editions now that it appears they'll all be published.

I've only just seen this, but that's fine, of course I don't mind.  :)

Like you, I think they're lovely, but I don't think I can justify buying them.

• 3 months later...

I will probably try to find it at a library somewhere. I loved the illustrations in A Monster Calls, and the possibility of seeing a new edition of Harry Potter is tempting. But as I'm starting university this year I don't have the money to be spending on these.

• 6 months later...

The date of publication for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban has been announced! It will be published on 3 October 2017.

9781408845660_310358.png

I love them, but can't quite justify the price.

I now have the first two books. :) I was able to buy the first one for a ridiculously cheap price on a local book site (it turned out the price was an error, but they honoured the price for those who had purchased it). I received the second book from my Mum for Christmas, so I guess the rest of the books will be going on future Christmas wishlists too. :)