The X-Files (2016)

Raven

Third episode was amaaaaaaaazing! Completely unrelated to the reboot, or, largely, X-Files - it was far too Flight Of The Conchords (featuring Rhys Darby!) to feel like the X-Files, but my god was it hilarious, and actually quite touching. Fun look at the horrors of being human. If for no other reason, it was worth bringing it back to make that one episode.

I am looking forward to watching this new 6 part mini series.  I think just enough episodes to see if they still have it.  Not watched the first episode yet will have to wait until I have some time on Thursday.

I thought the first episode was OK, better than I thought but a bit clunky, but I suppose they had to bring both old and new viewers up to speed somehow.  I'm surprised they've kept the original opening titles though, I'd have thought they'd have filmed new titles!  Good to see M & S back.  Sometimes I prefer the stand-alone episodes, the alien stuff got a bit tedious after a while.

I loved the original series and was pleased to see it coming back, although a bit wary of just how bad it might be!  I thought episode 1 was ok - not great, but better than I had feared.  Definitely good enough to keep me watching, especially if future episodes are getting better responses :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Watched episode three last night, I have to say it had me laughing throughout, thought it was very tongue in cheek to say the least, enjoyed the episode.

Hope I have not said too much, don't think anyone will know anything about the episode from these comments.

At last - a proper X Files episode!  It was a bit creepy, quite gruesome, completely bonkers and had some good lines, my favourite being Scully saying "back in the day, Mulder, I did stairs.....and three inch heels!.  Loved it, always wondered how she managed to run in those shoes.  It was slightly let down by the ending though, I thought, but apart from that the best one yet.

I am going to miss Mulder and Scully when it finishes next week.  Each episode has been so different but over all has been tongue in cheek. I love the banter.  Still cannot get over how deep both their voices are though.

I'd heard that last night's ep was the worst one of the series (actually I give that accolade to the comedy ep a few weeks ago, which I thought was atrocious) so I was a bit dubious about watching but overall I thought it was quite good, if a bit preachy towards the end, and the supernatural angle was a very unconvincing one.  However it did have it's moments, yes the line-dancing scene was great (my line-dancing classes were never like that!) and I loved the bit when Scully got to finally say Mulder's very first line (as she said, she waited 23 years to say it, scary that it was that long ago).  Not a bad episode at all I thought.

As Shirley says, each episode has been quite different, but they've kept the banter and their relationship is strong as ever.

Thought last night's finale was disappointing and actually I was quite bored, viruses have never really done it for me - seen one film/show about a viral outbreak, seen 'em all, and I wasn't particularly impressed with this episode.  Still, overall it was nice to have it back.

I'm with you madeleine disappointed with the last episode. But overall I enjoyed the series. Are any more planned does any one know.

As far as I am aware, nothing has been announced so far but I think FOX are pretty keen on doing more.

I enjoyed the series; some parts of it worked better than others but overall I'd say it was far more hit than miss.  I'll be interested to see where they take this, should it return.

Edited by Raven

• 3 weeks later...