Strictly Come Dancing

poppyshake

I so love watching Aston, Alexandra and Debbie dancing, i always say if it is a good piece of music then the dance seems to be a good one and they get voted for.  Don't think Molly deserved to be in the dance off but it brings it home to the good ones that no one is safe so watch out.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dislike the theme shows generally.  Too much theme and not enough dance for me, and this week was no exception.  I did like Aston and Debbie but neither deserved 10s, and I also really liked Alexandra.  I was a bit disappointed with Gemma as she's looked great in training throughout the week, and I loved Joe's foxtrot but hated the song choice.  I still voted for Susan and Gemma as they're my favourites.

I agree Claire, I don't like the theme shows either, for the same reasons. 

I thought Aston's Paso was brilliant, but was strangely unmoved by Debbie's Charleston.  I admire her enormously, think she's got a great relationships (as far as one can tell) with Giovanni, but she rarely makes me go 'wow'; the judges raved about her rumba, but I really didn't enjoy it.  Not quite sure why.

Have to admit, my favourite is Gemma, particularly given how far she's come since that first week, but funnily enough I was really surprised at how positive the judges were this week - it all looked a bit solid and stompy to my unexpert eye. 

Reckon at present it's Alexandra, Debbie and Aston for the final with any one of several others.  Davood has a chance if his partner sorts out her choreography, Joe is coming up on the outside (after a good start, he looked a bit wobbly for a couple of weeks) - loved their routine far more than last week's Paso.  Gemma is on the short list too.  Possibly Johnny, although that cha-cha was pretty horrible, as was Susan's foxtrot -  I was really worried that they had put themselves 'in the zone', but fortunately the right result ensued.  Don't think Mollie has quite got it, but she continues to improve, so you never know.

In other words, it's one of the most open for ages, and anybody could go, and anybody could stay all the way!  Loving it all, as always!

I bet that upset and annoyed quite a few people on Sunday.  Mind you I didn't think the dance was that good.  I will let everybody catch up so incase you have not watched it yet will not put who left on here.

I agree Shirley.  I didn't think it was a good dance, and the other couple in the dance off didn't make the same mistake as in their first attempt.  The judges are supposed to base their decision on the dance-off alone, so if the public didn't vote for that couple, they can't complain that they weren't saved in the dance-off.  I'm sad to see that couple go, and I think the competition will suffer for it, but thems the rules. :dunno:

On the whole though, I have to say this has been my favourite week so far.  I loved nearly all the dances (despite not liking some song choices) and felt the whole programme had something for everyone! :D 

As we were saying at home if he was the favourite to win why did people not vote for him.

I so loved Ruth and Antons dance, I know lots wont agree with me and she did trip him up at the end, but I think it was in keeping with the dance and the way the crowd reacted at the end of it just shows you they went along with the fun element of it.

I was quite disappointed by the couple's departure as they've done some of my favourite dances of the series, though I didn't like the dance they did this week at all. As chesilbeach said, based on the dance-off alone, I thought their dance was worse than the other couple's so there probably would have been uproar either way.

Craig's scoring was a little harsh which wouldn't' have helped, but people can't moan at them going if they didn't vote for them (I don't vote :D)

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Anyone looking forward to the final?  Can't believe how quiet this thread has been, compared to the last couple of years!

I'm very excited about the final tonight. I hope Joe wins. Who are you hoping to win?

I'm sooooooo pleased Joe won..he was my favourite all the way through and definitely deserved the win, steadily improved throughout and so smiley and happy all the time. Don't think he could believe he did it. :exc:

Bit of a surprise wasn't it!  I did think he could be a dark horse though, and yes he deserved it.  I suspect that lift in the Argentine Tango last week might have helped a bit too.  I bet Katya's thrilled having had Ed Balls last year.