Strictly Come Dancing

poppyshake

I agree there is usually a good one goes mid way through, fingers crossed as long as Jeremy, Carol and Jamelia are still there it might be a while in coming. 

I do love to watch Anita think she does really well.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to disagree with you re Bad Romance,  I thought it was an awful version, but I agree about Kirsty's dancing though!  Jeremy is fascinating to watch, always entertaining and a real trier, and a couple of times he managed the right moves, and in time with his partner so he has improved a bit.  But yes Carol, nice as she is, should have been in the dance off.

I think Anita and Gleb are a dream couple, he looked the very image (well mine anyway) of a fairytale prince with those hair extensions, sigh ;)  and Helen's samba was great, brilliant costume and one of the best routines of the night, although for some  reason I find her difficult to warm to.  But I agree that once the best dancers are left, there will be some difficult choices to make, and definitely some shock exits.

I also loved the professionals' routine last night, where they were chess pieces, very clever.

Edited by Madeleine

Probably the weakest week so far, dance-wise, either awful or good, not much in-between although a few were a bit mediocre - I think Peter was disappointing again, he was good at first but seems to have lost it a bit.

I can't stand all his grovelling to the judges .. if I have to hear him give that 'I take it all on board' speech again I'll throw something at the TV. Probably my favourite bit of the evening was when he was giving it all that malarkey up in the Clauditorium (yet again) about the judges beings masters of their craft (or some equally ludicrous twaddle) .. and Brendan yelled out 'no they're not!' :D :D I laughed myself sick!  :D 

Brendan was in real answering back mode on Saturday .. shades of the old Brendan :D  Also laughed (and gasped) when he intimated that the rest of them were all going to be pretty rubbish too  :D  :giggle: He wasn't far wrong.

One positive was Claud's cat costume .. how adorable did she look? I did like the chess pro dance on the results programme too. It's probably the only one I've liked this year .. very effective. 

I think Jeremy is pretty safe until at least Blackpool .. maybe even Carol too  :o Jamelia will probably go before them and one other at least .. not sure who though. Before this weekend I would have said team GG.

The Daily Star are saying that Katie & Anton are well in the lead on phone votes!! That's a bit surprising but then they have needed the votes lately. Anyway, if they're right, she's the one to beat and they have got dances left that play to their strengths so could well be the year of Anton!!

You can't tell at this stage though. Eventual winners have been in the dance off etc etc.  

Bruno's been getting on my tits all season :banghead:   I hope he got a serious, erm, bollocking afterwards.  Had to laugh when Craig told him he was being nasty . . . then gave a 4 himself :lol:

Yes! I find him incredibly irritating.

I'm really disliking Jamelia.  I was already but her simpering "I think people don't like me..." comment at being in the dance off didn't do anything to help!

I have stopped feeling sorry for Jamelia as this is not the first time she has said that nobody likes her, I thought she would get more votes with being on Loose Women or maybe this is telling her a lot. Hope she goes soon.

She's not wrong, though  :D

Aww - I really like Jamelia. I think it's really unfair that she's been in the dance-off so much when there are much worse dancers than her getting through. I don't blame her for saying people don't like her. I would feel like that in her position.

I can't stand all his grovelling to the judges .. if I have to hear him give that 'I take it all on board' speech again I'll throw something at the TV.

Haha yes.

How does the voting work? Does it all go on the phone vote or do the judges' scores also count? If so how?

Edited by ~Andrea~

I'm liking Jamelia and Jeremy more than I thought I would .. it's the opposite with Kellie :D Not a fan of Peter much and he hasn't done anything to change that .. except make me know him better .. which hasn't turned out well :D 

The judges votes are combined with the viewer votes (don't forget your three FREE online votes) Is it half and half? I'm not sure .. Claire will enlighten us. Tess most probably tells us .. I never listen to her though. I'm always just incredulously staring at whatever hideous asymmetrical nightmare she's wearing and thinking .. there's a lovely dress in there somewhere trying to get out!!  :D 

The way the voting works is that points are awarded for placing on the leader board, so highest scoring couple get the number of points equal to the number of couples dancing that week (e.g 11 couples, top scoring couple will get 11 points) and then it decreases by 1 point each place further down the leaderboard they get, but unlike rankings, where if you had a joint 3rd then there would be no fourth place, the points decrease by 1, so 5th place would get 1 point less than joint 3rd place. (If you want to see last weeks leaderboard as an example, it's at www.ultimatestrictly.com/series-13-week-6).  

Then the votes are converted to points so that if there are 11 couples, the one with the most votes gets 11 points and the one with the lowest gets 1 point, and these are added to the points from the leaderboard, and the two couples with the lowest combined number of points will go into the bottom two dance off. 

If there are two or more couples with the same number of points at the bottom, then the viewers score take would take precedence, (e.g. bottom pair scored 6, then two pairs score 7, the pair with 7 who scored more viewers votes would be safe, and the ones with the lower viewer votes would dance off).  In the unlikely event of a tie in viewers votes, then the judges would confer and choose which couple would go into the dance off, and in the event of a tie between the judges, just like the dance off, Len would have the casting vote.

I'm liking Jamelia and Jeremy more than I thought I would .. it's the opposite with Kellie :D Not a fan of Peter much and he hasn't done anything to change that .. except make me know him better .. which hasn't turned out well :D 

I like Jeremy too though I hope the likes of Jeremy and Carol don't stay in at the expense of other better dancers.

The judges votes are combined with the viewer votes (don't forget your three FREE online votes) Is it half and half? I'm not sure .. Claire will enlighten us. Tess most probably tells us .. I never listen to her though. I'm always just incredulously staring at whatever hideous asymmetrical nightmare she's wearing and thinking .. there's a lovely dress in there somewhere trying to get out!!  :D

LOL

Oh God! I'm worried about it now :( Reports are that he's not coping with it and has injured Aliona (Steve .. this is your fault!! :mad:  :D ) This could all be nothing more than media nonsense but they didn't show any of his training footage on ITT .. not even in the background when they were talking to them (as they did with Helen & Aljaz) and neither he nor Aliona sounded confident about it.

Bother and blast!! :( 

On the other hand quite a few of them are looking amazing in training already .. Peter, Anita and Helen all looking fab. Hope Ian shows us some training footage tomorrow from Jay .. please let it be good! 

He's so shy isn't he? (Jay) .. Claudia almost never speaks to him on the results show .. he was the only one she didn't talk to this week .. I wonder if that's because he gets too nervous? 

Loved the way on ITT that when he was asked to act out emotions for Aliona to guess .. he chose to describe them in words :D Bless him! I wish they'd move on from all this 'you've got to act the part more' rubbish. Acting coach soon no doubt .. for the Charleston .. yawn yawn! Leave him alone! 

I love the Gotan Project as well Claire! At least the music will be good :D 

Reports are that he's not coping with it and has injured Aliona (Steve .. this is your fault!! :mad:  :D )

Good.  Obviously the voodoo doll's working :giggle2:

I wish they'd move on from all this 'you've got to act the part more' rubbish. Acting coach soon no doubt .

He needs it!  If the hint of an expression ever gets near his face it'll be a miracle  :P 

Can you tell I'm bored with the show this year? :giggle2:

This is what made me think the report is probably nonsense .. if it had said 'dropped her on her head' then that might be plausible but I can't see a move in the AT which would result in him kicking her in the head. If there is one though .. no doubt they'll do full justice to it in the training VT  :rolleyes:

Seen a little bit of their training .. not much to go on. Looks okayish! But then Jay's training rarely looks good. Most of the others look fab. I'm impressed already with Jeremy's tango moves :o Anita's jive will be ace I'm sure. Gleb's put some unusual moves in (more Gleb specials :D)

As for you Steve  :P  :P  :P 

Jay's fine .. just the way he is! He doesn't over emote and thank God for that! 

This probably will be a dance that doesn't suit him :( He's a bit self conscious when it comes to the sexy moves (though manages to be sexy at the same time .. as far as I'M concerned :D) .. plus you have to exude confidence.

I'd like it to be 'utter filth' but will be happy with less :D Especially if he gets it right.

I agreed with Jo yesterday though when she said he was going for 'cool wolf' not ferocious wolf .. and I think that came over just fine. A little bit more expression is all that's needed but I hope he doesn't dwell on it. It'll hamper his progress.

I'm not finding this season boring at all. There are so many good couples. It's really tight and that makes it much more interesting .. different people at the top of the leaderboard all the time. Carol's time is up .. though if Jamelia is going to be in the DO again then I hope it's not against Carol as Jamelia will stay .. and have to (probably) face the DO again which will be just unpleasant and humiliating. Better that she comes up against one of the better ones (but hope it's not Jay! :D) if the public are that determined. Would give her one of my votes but can't spare any  :D 

Not long now until ITT :)

This is what made me think the report is probably nonsense .. if it had said 'dropped her on her head' then that might be plausible but I can't see a move in the AT which would result in him kicking her in the head. If there is one though .. no doubt they'll do full justice to it in the training VT  :rolleyes:

Seen a little bit of their training .. not much to go on. Looks okayish! But then Jay's training rarely looks good. Most of the others look fab. I'm impressed already with Jeremy's tango moves :o Anita's jive will be ace I'm sure. Gleb's put some unusual moves in (more Gleb specials :D)

As for you Steve  :P  :P  :P 

Jay's fine .. just the way he is! He doesn't over emote and thank God for that! 

This probably will be a dance that doesn't suit him :( He's a bit self conscious when it comes to the sexy moves (though manages to be sexy at the same time .. as far as I'M concerned :D) .. plus you have to exude confidence.

I'd like it to be 'utter filth' but will be happy with less :D Especially if he gets it right.

I agreed with Jo yesterday though when she said he was going for 'cool wolf' not ferocious wolf .. and I think that came over just fine. A little bit more expression is all that's needed but I hope he doesn't dwell on it. It'll hamper his progress.

I'm not finding this season boring at all. There are so many good couples. It's really tight and that makes it much more interesting .. different people at the top of the leaderboard all the time. Carol's time is up .. though if Jamelia is going to be in the DO again then I hope it's not against Carol as Jamelia will stay .. and have to (probably) face the DO again which will be just unpleasant and humiliating. Better that she comes up against one of the better ones (but hope it's not Jay! :D) if the public are that determined. Would give her one of my votes but can't spare any  :D 

Not long now until ITT :)

I was wondering how many words I could get out of you :giggle2:  :D 

And I'm so pleased that someone else thinks he's a plank.  I was beginning to feel very lonely........

I don't recall using the word 'plank'.  I was just winding poppyshake up (cos it's what we do every year :D ).  He's got the moves.  Once he learns to perform, which he will (as Flackers did last year), he'll be unstoppable, I think.  It's Aliona I don't like :banghead: