Strictly Come Dancing

poppyshake

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And back to Strictly … :giggle2:

Oh .. bloomin' 'eck! Jay has got to dance a Paso to Bon Jovi!!!  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  I'm so annoyed!! :banghead: That's a handicap before they start :D Please let there not be a cape!! :D 

Everyone else seems to have decent music. Peter Andre has Ed Sheeran .. lucky so and so  :blush2: 

Looking at all the choices .. I think Helen and Alijaz should do well with a QS to 'You Can't Hurry Love' .. can see that tripping along nicely  :smile: 

Love Kirsty & Brendan's David Grey song too. If Brendan chose that then he has redeemed himself :D

We were talking about Jay's song last night, and OH didn't know the Bon Jovi song, and when we played a clip of it I came across the Talk Talk song of the same name, and we both agreed that would make a much better paso song with the right arrangement! :yes:

The only other song choice I don't like is Jeremy's waltz which I'm sure is in 4/4 time? Never like a waltz without a 3/4 or 6/8 time sig. :(

It's 'It's My Life' :unsure: 
I agree with you Claire, Talk Talk's song of the same name would be a much better choice. It's a much better song full stop! :D

Loved last night's ITT .. the best one yet I thought. Not so keen on Gleb .. if he was chocolate he'd eat himself :D and not keen on Biggins in the buggy (please .. make it stop!! :D) but everyone else I loved and always great to see Ian Waite. He and Zoe just crack me up. Love Jay more with every interview/performance. It's no good fighting it .. he is my favourite now for good and all (sorry Jay :D) Very strange position to be in as I've never liked Aliona that much (plus my fave celeb is usually almost always a female) .. I don't mind her and have enjoyed some of her dances previously but she's not Natalie!!!! :D Very funny when they gave her the cape ... 'it's for boys!!' *indignant look*. 
Loved Jay's whole description of what went wrong on Sat night and loved Anita's explosion in the training room .. great stuff and Zoe was on top form. Don't really see the point of the Q&A thing at the end .. they go on for days about how you can ask them questions but then when it comes to it they get about one question each!! Wish they would allow longer for that and cut out Biggins and all other unnecessary filler (Robin's A-Z for one thing.)

Nobody looked that good in training but they seemed to have taken some of it from Monday so no surprises there. Not sure we can get much of an idea from that. Think Kellie and Kevin will have a strong week, also Helen (even though she looked awful in training) and Alijaz. It goes without saying that I hope Jay will smash it. Handicapped with that song though :(

Oh not one of BJ's best songs, I prefer the Talk Talk (one of the most under-rated bands ever imo) song too, think it would fit better,  I think they've used the BJ song before.

It's sadly not to be. The songs can make or break a routine .. it must be horrible to dance to something you hate (not saying that's the case here) .. though it's bound to happen when you have no influence (and I don't think the celebs get much input on that these days .. perhaps for the showdance if they get there .. not sure.)

Hear hear :smile:

Very true.

Btw .. has Mum got a favourite yet? :D Who's on your list?

I'm not so impressed with the opening titles this year. Not many of them are dancing .. some are actually standing still!! Last years was better I thought .. especially considering we have a lot of people this year that could move from the start. Karen is doing the same wafty thing with her arm. It needs more oomph. Oh and Iwan got the 'oh' wrong .. he is saying 'hey' .. even Scott Mills got the 'oh' right last year and he couldn't remember anything :D

I may be over thinking this :D

Love Vicky Gill. Don't always love her creations but she's great. 

Btw .. has Mum got a favourite yet? :D Who's on your list?

She's backing Jay :rolleyes:  She wasn't too happy when I said I didn't want him to win :giggle2:

Me, at the moment, Kellie and Kevin or Katie and Anton :shrug:

She's backing Jay :rolleyes:  She wasn't too happy when I said I didn't want him to win :giggle2:

Yay! Mum agrees with me .. I knew she would! :D

Me, at the moment, Kellie and Kevin or Katie and Anton :shrug:

I think they are his competition .. Katie and Anton in particular especially as Anton hasn't had a win yet and a lot of people would like to see him succeed. Also Helen and Peter .. perhaps Georgia. Gosh there are a lot of contenders this year! Can't call it.

I feel, it's only fair to say, seeing as you were brutally honest that I definitely don't want a Kellie win .. or a Peter one for that matter :no:

Last year we were both team Flackers .. this year I'm all for Jaybird! We are officially at war!!  :badmood:  :D

Edited by poppyshake

:lol:  Nothing against Jay at all, but Aliona . . .  Can't stand her :banghead:   Really, really don't want her to be the first pro to win it twice :no:

I'm ambivalent towards her .. I neither like or hate her. My admiration for Jay is so huge that this has only caused a slight dent in my enjoyment  :D

I'm done with wishing he had got Natalie .. that is the stuff dreams are made of! :D

I do admire her choreography though and her dancing. I find her one of the more interesting ones to watch in the group dances. Some of them are now too manic and some are a bit Babs from Pan's People :D 

Nat of course is a goddess.

:lol:  Nothing against Jay at all, but Aliona . . .  Can't stand her :banghead:   Really, really don't want her to be the first pro to win it twice :no:

I used to really like Aliona on ITT (how could you not love someone who had a cupboard full of tins of custard), but when she started bellyaching about always getting the duffer over the last few years, she's gone done in my estimation.  I think it spoiled Greg's Strictly last year, and if he'd danced with someone else (despite having to dance some stupid cooking theme shoehorned into his routine) he might have enjoyed it more, and perhaps lasted a bit longer, which I always like for someone who loved the show and wanted the full Strictly experience.

Fortunately, if Kay's backing Jay, chances are he won't win so Aliona won't be the first pro to win twice ;):giggle2:

I'm ambivalent towards her .. I neither like or hate her. My admiration for Jay is so huge that this has only caused a slight dent in my enjoyment  :D

I'm done with wishing he had got Natalie .. that is the stuff dreams are made of! :D

I do admire her choreography though and her dancing. I find her one of the more interesting ones to watch in the group dances. Some of them are now too manic and some are a bit Babs from Pan's People :D 

Nat of course is a goddess.

It doesn't help that the group dances are rubbish nowadays.  They used to be demonstrations of the ballroom and latin dances, choreographed by the pros on the show, but now seem to be just generic moving to music with no distinguishable style, and like you said, Kay, just manic.  And it's another Charleston this week - why are they so bloody obsessed with the bloody Charleston???? It's not like the pros even know it, they have to get outsiders in to choreograph, and it hasn't even got much technique.  Urgh.

I miss group dances like this:

I think I've worked out why I don't enjoy Jay's dances.  He has nothing in his face.  He's almost as Stepford Wife as DoD.  Darcey hit the nail on the head.  And it's a shame because he has everything he needs to be a great dancer.  He should be the next Louis Smith.   But ... the lights on and there's no-one home.  

Compare him to Kelly.  She shows all the acting and emotion in her face.  Even when she's exhausted, she puts some character into it that it's great fun to watch.  Even some of the non-actors put more life into it.  

And what was going on with Bruno?!  The bull's what?    :o  :lol:  :lol:

I can't agree .. I feel lots when Jay dances :D:giggle: He just has a magic about him to me. He's young and not an actor so he is struggling with fully inhabiting a character but I just love watching him. Darcey has the hots for him believe me :D It would just be the icing on the cake if he could project a little more but his dancing is sublime. It has a lovely quality to it.

Kellie, on the other hand, I can't bear watching .. it's so 'jazz hands' and I'm not a fan of Kevin's choreography. I thought it was a bit stompy as well tonight. How much did it score? I know it topped the leaderboard but it wasn't anything like as wow as Jay's jive to me. It wasn't as good as Katie's either. It wasn't even as good as I was expecting it to be from training footage. It just didn't wow me at all. I'm not a fan of hers as I said before so maybe it's me :blush2:  I don't think Jay was undermarked but I do think Kellie was overmarked. I probably will always think Kellie was overmarked  :D 

Anyway, it just shows how we all perceive things differently :blush2:  :D 

Will write about the others in due course but poor Katie :( I think the judges were harsh!! It wasn't great but it wasn't as bad as they made out. Could do without seeing anyone writhing over Anton though  :D .. so embarrassing. Should be against the law!

Will somebody think of the children!!!! :D    

Georgia & Giovanni - salsa - Why have nearly all salsas on Strictly become disco dances? Lifts didn't fit and Craig was right about the stop/start nature in and out of them, but I do like watching these two dance.
Carol & Pasha - Viennese waltz - I think Carol is definitely improving, although there is still plenty to work on, this was the most musical of all her dances so far.
Anita & Gleb - tango - I personally didn't like the stylised opening and finish, BUT, Anita danced the actual tango section in the middle brilliantly. I think it suffered from being early in the programme, and would have scored higher if it had come at the end. Definitely one of my most anticipated couples to watch each week.
Peter & Janette - rumba Not bad for a male celebrity rumba, but he did seem to shuffle a bit in the transitions. Nice to see him early in the show and not dancing in the last few dances again.
Kirsty & Brendan - Viennese waltz - my favourite of Kirsty's dances by far. Too much killing time getting down the stairs at the beginning, but once she got into it, I was surprised by how good I thought she did. Love watching Brendan ballroom dance as well :)
Ainsley & Natalie - jive - Had to watch it again, as I spent all my time watching Nat last night! On the positive side, he had good timing and rhythm, but the kicks and flicks were a bit ugly at times, but Nat looked great :giggle2:
Jamelia & Tristan - foxtrot Oh what a shame she went wrong and couldn't pick it up again properly. The first half was lovely, not technically perfect, but I was really enjoying it, and then that mistake and she just lost it. Up until then it was my favourite of her dances so far.
Katie & Anton - salsa I think I watched a different dance to the judges. It looked to me like Anton went wrong, not Katie, and then she tried to dance what had been choreographed at the end and he just made it up! I thought she danced the basic salsa step really well, and used the floor well, and also was able to keep the footwork going while doing the armography, which most celebs fail to do. And some good proper salsa not disco. I enjoyed it!
Jeremy & Karen - watlz. It was okay, but too much out of hold for my liking. Gapping when they were in hold, but that might be because of the difference in their heights. Instantly forgettable.
Helen & Aljaž - quickstep - I didn't understand the story at the beginning, but once they got on the floor, I really enjoyed it. Another one I had to watch a second time, as I end up focussing on Aljaž when he dances as he puts so much personality and charm into his performance, but I thought Helen did really well.
Jay & Aliona - paso doble Very impressive - I do think he did get the Spanish arms right, although I would have liked a bit more shaping in his body, as he was a bit too straight in his back. I actually felt that he had much more character in his performance this time around rather than rabbit in the headlights, remembering his steps. If it'd had a better song, it would have been great! :D (I actually watched it on mute while playing a paso song, and it looked so much better).
Kellie & Kevin - jive Absolutely hated the story and the props, and I don't think the song suited a jive either. The bits where she was holding the suitcase looked odd, as it looked unbalanced, as when she was trying to reach out for the suitcase towards the end. Arms and hands weren't great - needs to go and watch the Halfpenny jive to see how to use her arms and hands to complete the look of the jive.

I think the bottom two will be out of Carol, Jeremy, Ainsley and Jamelia, but Jeremy seems popular with the public, although maybe that's been in the more fun dances, and the seriousness of the waltz this week will put him down there, but if Jamelia is in there, if she doesn't go wrong this time, and dances the whole dances as well as the first half, then I think the judges would vote for her.

It doesn't help that the group dances are rubbish nowadays.  They used to be demonstrations of the ballroom and latin dances, choreographed by the pros on the show, but now seem to be just generic moving to music with no distinguishable style, and like you said, Kay, just manic.  And it's another Charleston this week - why are they so bloody obsessed with the bloody Charleston???? It's not like the pros even know it, they have to get outsiders in to choreograph, and it hasn't even got much technique.  Urgh.

I miss group dances like this:

That's more like it isn't it?! :) Often I prefer the dances done during the singing .. because if it's going to be manic I'd rather there were less of them :D .. my enjoyment though is marred because I feel mortified for the singers who are largely ignored by the Strictly crowd. Otherwise it's gone far too 'burn the floor'! :D Stop burning the floor!! Caress it with your feet .. and use more arm hankies!! :D (not a fan of them in general but if the pros have them on .. you know you're in for something magical!)

Anyway, while it's fresh in my mind .. last night.

General feeling is, I was underwhelmed. Plus .. it seemed to me that all the good dances were either at the beginning or the end. There was a large bit in the middle which was just full of underwhelming dances where the cringe factor was high. They should have attempted to break the cringe up!!

Georgia & Giovanni: Not bad, not bad at all .. she's quite convincing at Latin. Craig was right though .. you could see the lifts coming a mile away. She was like a gymnast just before the run up to the vault!! :D They did a good job with the song though .. it's not really a salsa beat is it? And she is pretty nippy and definitely sexy. The main problem I have with Georgia is I often forget her and her dances after about five mins. Thinking back now I can't really remember any of her past dances  :blush2: This will remedy itself when the competition thins out but at the moment she's getting lost in the crowd. 

Carol & Pasha: Liked this, not in a 'God!! .. that was awesome' way but it was gentle and sweet. Every week she improves and compared to her week one cha cha .. this was a revelation. Pasha didn't take it easy on her either and she coped. She's not quite there yet with her performance levels etc but she's not uncomfortable to watch anymore. 

Anita & Gleb: Not sure about the music but the choreography is very different and exciting. Anita always seems to cope with anything thrown at her. Not sure her footwork was always clean but she was dramatic and sharp. Definitely pulled off the tango look and feel. Think if they had had trad music or something a bit more staccato .. it would have been even better. 

Peter & Janette: The male celeb rumba!!! *shudders* I still haven't seen one I like (and that includes Colin Jackson!) Also I still have a problem with Peter's feet/legs. The upper half of him works away beautifully but his legs and feet are just not placed enough for me .. he was a bit too static at times too but not embarrassing .. which is a great achievement in a rumba. Good song and it was all pleasant enough. 

Kirsty & Brendan: Well, that was a massive improvement on what went before. Bit too much faffing on the stairs (we can see what you're up to Brendan :D) and the dance was mostly just pivots (which of course, it should be) .. but there was much less of a feeling of clinging on and less tension about it. She's upped her game! Who'd have thought it.

Ainsley & Natalie: My love for Nat still didn't stop me from hiding behind a cushion for most of this :blush2: Oh dear! .. Ainsley was just stomping about .. or not bouncing much anyway and no discernible kicks and flicks. He tried to bring the entertainment factor into it to make up .. but I'm not sure it worked. It might have done .. I was too far into cringe city to notice. Not even Nat could save it. I didn't like it at all!

Jamelia & Tristan: It went all sorts of wrong :( It looked laboured, stumbly and under rehearsed! I felt sorry for her. It was a bit car crash and after she had a brilliant week too last week. Ballroom just isn't her thing sadly. She looked so uncomfortable .. and then she cried! 

Katie & Anton: This was never going to be relaxing to watch (you've got to love the way Katie took Anton to a salsa club .. rather than vice versa! :D) Anton was terrible throughout. Katie fluctuated between being okayish and being a bit pants (but in an elegant Katie type way .. like a drunk auntie at a posh wedding having a go on the dance floor!) The lifts were just  :lurker: .. and that end move was shambolic. All the same .. I thought it would be more car crash .. thought her shimmies were better than Helen's last week (or less self conscious anyway) and bits of it she did with style. The judges were too harsh (what WAS Bruno on last night!! He was being a total tw*t!) I don't ever want to see anyone being sexy with Anton again though .. it's just not right! The good news for them is that they've finished with all the party latin .. or nearly all and so have lots of dances to come that I think will suit them.

Jeremy & Karen: I do like Jeremy .. he's such a good sport but this was laboured and there was nowhere to hide really. He's too tall for Karen for a start so he often looks stooped. It wasn't elegant and it's such a sombre dance (often beautiful but not in this instance) that his personality didn't get a chance to shine through. Sad really as he was dancing to his favourite song but .. not great!

Helen & Alijaz: Now you're talking. I do like Helen .. she's very watchable (needless to say .. so is Alijaz!) and she coped with the quickstep admirably. Perhaps it wasn't always clean .. looked a bit skippy in places but then it always does. Kept in time mostly and flowed well. I got a bit distracted by her fixed grin though .. I felt this with Kellie in her foxtrot. The grin doesn't always look natural .. the pros are .. well .. pros at it, but it's a hard thing to pull off with just a few days practice. Only noticed it when the cameras zoomed in (God! the cameras are all over the place this year .. it's making me dizzy!)

Jay & Aliona: How long have we got?? :D Firstly .. his outfit! Wow!! I'm so not a fan of the bolero look or anything to do with a cape so this pleased me greatly before he'd even started. Strangely enough I didn't think the song worked too badly .. especially the verses. Would have been so much better with trad music but Aliona really caught the mood with her choreography (love the way she accented some of the beats) and she gave Jay plenty of content too, most of which he executed admirably. There were definitely a couple of glitches .. I think they ran out of space at one point and there was an awkward hand exchange somewhere but I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Such a beautiful .. and I think expressive (with his arms etc) dancer. Yes .. he could have shaped it more but he was never going to reach Ian Waite levels of paso shaping .. there's only a very few people who could do that without it straying into parody. Yes, he could have been more aggressive .. it was too tender in places but that endeared it to me more. Great choreography considering the song .. and Jay has bounced back!! :cows: Bring it on!

Kellie & Kevin: The battle of the jives commences! :D First of all, it was too prop heavy for me. I don't like faffing about .. unless it's a Charleston and then faff is sometimes necessary. This jive was more like a Charleston in feel actually. Also I really did think she was laboured at times especially towards the end. It wasn't clean and crisp .. it wasn't Jill Halfpenny and it definitely wasn't Jay McGuiness. Totally baffled as to why Len and Darcey thought it was just as good! Annoyed too by the fantastic Blondie song being called a One Direction song and having a One Direction makeover!!!! Grrrrr! Obviously, it was a good dance .. Kevin didn't over dance it too for once but I don't think it deserved top billing with Helen. It's almost as if the judges scored the dance they thought they would be seeing. Looking at the Strictly Facebook page .. most people agree with me! So see .. it's not just me! :D 

I'm like you Claire .. I always watch the dances back with the sound off. You could see the problems with Kellie's jive immediately and you could also see how good Jay's arms etc were. Anita's dance too looked so much better with the sound down.

I used to really like Aliona on ITT (how could you not love someone who had a cupboard full of tins of custard), but when she started bellyaching about always getting the duffer over the last few years, she's gone done in my estimation.  I think it spoiled Greg's Strictly last year, and if he'd danced with someone else (despite having to dance some stupid cooking theme shoehorned into his routine) he might have enjoyed it more, and perhaps lasted a bit longer, which I always like for someone who loved the show and wanted the full Strictly experience.

She's not good with duffers, it has to be said, Natalie is much better at dealing with the less than talented celeb. She's also lucky to be still in it .. as it looked at one time like she wasn't going to be invited back. Still, the producers are a bit unfair when handing out the duffers .. especially to Nat etc. Kevin has had three talented celebs in a row and Pasha was probably given four .. Rachel of course turned out more duffer than anything but on paper that looked like a winning combination. It does depend on who signs up I suppose and I know there are height issues with Nat (she probably can spot who she'll be partnered with just by entering the room :D) but it's so frustrating not to be able to see what she's capable of.

I can't altogether blame Aliona re: Greg, by all accounts he can be a bit sleazy etc .. shades of Dom Littlewood! But she just can't hide her feelings can she? .. not inscrutable at all :D 

She seems to be a good partner to Jay and was one to Harry and Matt too from what I understand .. and I think she is an interesting choreographer .. especially now. Early days she was a bit random!! :D 

Fortunately, if Kay's backing Jay, chances are he won't win so Aliona won't be the first pro to win twice ;):giggle2:

No, no, no, no! :D As it happens quite a few of my Strictly faves have won .. Mark Ramprakash .. Kara Tointon and Caroline Flack!! So, I'm not that worried :D Jay is definitely getting to the final :unsure: Before the competition I would have said Peter Andre was a cert but I'm not sure about that now .. think Jay's main competition is Katie, Helen and Anita. Early days though. 

Halloween next week! Hope we get some good songs/dances. Something other than Monster Mash! :D Any suggestions?

Georgia & Giovanni - Salsa - You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)
I'm not a fan of the disco salsa numbers. I'd much rather have something with a Latin beat for this dance - if that makes me a traditionalist, then so be it, but I do, Even something like Shakira would be better than the disco stuff they're using most of the time now. That said, this was OK. Not as good as I had expected from them, but decently enough performed. Not their best dance, though.

Carol & Pasha - Viennese Waltz - I've Been Loving You Too Long
Carol's definitely improving. She's still not a good dancer (and I suspect that even a century of lessons won't ever make her good), but she puts her heart into it and tries her hardest every time. I've never been a fan of hers (I find her perpetual chirpiness very annoying), but she always takes the judges' criticism with such grace that I can't help warming to her a little more each week.

Anita & Gleb - Tango - Sweet Disposition
What is it with the nambypamby music choices for strong dances like the tango and paso doble this season? There was next to no power in the music for such a passionate dance, that said, they coped with it a hell of a lot better than last week's U2 paso doble disaster. Still not a stand out dance for me, but one of the better efforts of the evening.

Peter & Janette - Rhuma - Thinking Out Loud

The rhumba is probably my least favourite dance - it never seems to know what it is, really. However, I thought Peter handled it quite well and did better than most would expect.

Kirsty & Brendan - Viennese Waltz - This Year's Love

A great improvement on last week. She's still not a great dancer (and, like Carol, I don't think she ever will be), but she's definitely showing a little more potential with the ballroom dances than she has with the Latin dances to date. Surprisingly high scores, but more enjoyable to watch than she has been in previous weeks. A lot of time was wasted with coming down the stairs at the start nd going up again at the end though - I wish they would jut dance!

Ainsley & Natalie - Jive - Shake, Rattle and Roll
I hate it when they overdo the concept. Faffing about with the pots and pans at the beginning takes time away from the actual dance. Then again, this was dire from start to finish. Ainsley's neck all but disappeared for the entire dance. Every week he gets told about his shoulders, but it doesn't seem to make any difference (I'm predicting he'll be in the dance off, and deservedly so!). If he doesn't drop his shoulders, I'm going to go to the studio and sit on them - let's see if he can keep them up with THAT weight on them - LOL!

Jamelia & Tristan - Foxtrot - Because You Loved Me

Not the best dace (she definitely looks more at home with the Latin dances), but I thought she did OK. A bit nondescript overall, but passable. To be honest, the foxtrot isn't one of my favourites, and I know it's a difficult dance to do, so managing not to look absolutely dreadful is a feat in itself.

Katie & Anton - Salsa - It Had Better Be Tonight

What happened with Katy and Anton? No hips, missteps all over the place and she just didn't trust him for the drop holds either. It was awful from start to finish! What a shame after last week's triumph! This could mean a dance-off position for them.

Jeremy & Karen - Waltz - She

I actually thought Jeremy did really well with this. Again, he's not the greatest dancer, but he tries hard and he always enjoys it, and it was very obvious that he was enjoying this dance. Unfortunately, it's very clear the judges do not like him much - I don't think he deserved to be bottom of the leader board, and I sincerely hope the public vote is enough to keep him out of the dance-off. I think that was Jeremy's best ballroom so far! I thought he held his frame very well throughout too, so it was a shame to see him scored so harshly! I've never been a fan of his, but I was actually cheering for him and shouting "Boo!" at the judges who I thought were unnecessarily mean to him.

Helen & Aljaž - Quickstep - You Can't Hurry Love

What the hell was that wiggly feet nonsense Aljaz did? I didn't like it at all - I love the quickstep, but that wasn't as good as I expected. Too much faffing around before they even started dancing, and then just not as good as I thought. It's well seen who the judges like though... It didn't warrant any 9s as far as I'm concerned. Personally, I expected a point less from each of the judges.

Jay & Aliona - Paso Doble - It's My Life

Did anyone else wish they were dancing with Jay last night? I know I did! I couldn't believe he didn't score more highly than he did! To be honest, I wouldn't have been surprised to see 9s across the board, or even a 10 in there again! I thought he had very good, strong lines and shapes, and unlike some of the judges, I thought he did very well with the characterization of the dance. I really, REALLY want him to win this year! This was the dance of the night for me! And Bruno said a rude word on live TV on the BBC!!!

Kellie & Kevin - Jive - One Way Or Another

This is a very well matched couple - they had very good timing and well matched lines throughout. Not the most adventurous or best jive I've seen on the show (hello, Jay a couple of weeks ago in movie week!!!), but a strong performance. Overscored in comparison to Jay's dance, I thought, though.

Dance off

I'm predicting Ainsley and Katie to be in the dance off tonight. Of the two, I think Ainsley should be the one to go. Desperately hoping Jeremy escapes the dance off this week though!

Looking forward to Halloween week next weekend!!!

Jamelia didn't deserve to be in the dance off tonight. Ainsley did. Thr right person went home. Sad to see him go, but he was the one who deserved it most, I thought.

I thought Jay's Paso was fab (the music just about worked too) and enjoyed Kelly's jive, I think she and Kevin are so good at "mirroring" each other, and her personality really comes across (and that short wig really suited her).  I think Ainsley deserved to go, as he was very stompy although I thought Jeremy would have been in the dance off too.  I was surprised at Jamelia being in the dance off at first, but watching it I didn't think she was very good at all, very heavy and her arm movements were very limp, she's much better at the faster dances.  Carol's improved a lot, so has Kirsty but I don't think she'll last much longer.  I don't like the little "skits" at the beginning of each dance either, just get on with the routine!  I'd have given Jay a 10 though.