Strictly Come Dancing

poppyshake

So .. first show .. what did we think?

My first thoughts ... most of them start with why :D

Why oh why are the judges still dancing on? It's only half working, someone is always out of time and it sort of flags up the question 'who are you to judge?' .. I know they're knocking on a bit and not without their ailments but they don't let that hold them back when criticising others. I'm mainly talking about the male judges. Darcy is of course pretty flawless.

Why have we still got the comedy VTs .. who likes them? .. anybody?? Embarrassing and amateur. I want to see more training.
Ditto the terrible concepts and props .. save all that for Halloween or movie week .. let's just have dancing otherwise.
The leering over Gleb is going to get pretty boring (unless I start leering .. in which case I won't notice :D) Aljaz is easier on the eye imo .. and I think nicer but early days.
Oti is amazing .. but Anthony can hardly get his right arm moving at all. That's going to cause probs .. unless it eases. Shame though as he has great potential. 
Kellie slightly irritated me .. but that may have been nerves (either her's or mine :D) .. thought she danced well though.
I liked both Anita and Helen. Hope Helen will be good at Latin though .. ballet dancery (think I've made that up) types sometimes only excel in Ballroom. Think Anita will be all round good.
I nearly fell asleep when Daniel was talking .. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. His dancing wasn't as bad as I expected but I'm dreading the Latin  :blush2:

Oh dear .. Carol :blush2:  :o .. bless her. Lovely, lovely lady but a comedy routine already? All the other pro dancers have a chance to catch up with Pasha's tally of 10s :D :D I doubt he'll be getting any this year  :giggle: Think she'll stay in for a while .. as she is a bit of a darling and it's always nice to see real beginners improve .. that's assuming she does :D Like Judy though she is embracing it .. which is great. The voters will sympathise/empathise.

I'm imagining poor Natalie has been hampered with some terrible comedy chef routine .. which will somehow be shoehorned into a tango. Ainsley irritated me just by walking down the stairs :D  :giggle: .. well the bit before that actually  .. but I love Nat so will be sad to see her out early. 

The person I'm most looking forward to or interested in is Jay .. not sure what's going to happen there. I think he suffers from nerves .. so that's endeared him to me already. 

Love Claud as always!

Anyway, what do you think so far?

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're being a bit harsh on Ainsley!   I thought Nat choreographed that tango well.  He needs to learn to keep his shoulders down though.   

I missed Jay cos I was watching the rugby but the general internet concensus is that he did well.  Anthony will get better as his shoulder gets stronger.  Can't do much but wait with a dislocation.  

Iwan was surprisingly bad.

I haven't seen tonight's yet and I'm already irritated by Ainsley Harriott, Kay! :giggle2: Did he pull stupid faces?  Did he mention Percy Pepper? </shudders>

We weren't keen on Daniel either.  I thought the girl from Don't Call the Midwife was the best dancer last night.  Gleb seems okay (he's fairly easy on the eye, but not as nice as Aljaž).  I can't remember who Brendan is dancing with, but I'm looking forward to seeing him and Peter Andre when we finally catch up tomorrow.  I have high hopes for Peter!  :D

As first weeks go I didn't think it was too bad.  Nice to see Anton actually dancing for once - he might actually make it to December this time.  Purely on first impressions, it's between Peter, Georgia and Helen.  Judging by the audience reaction, I suspect Peter will win it even if his ballroom turns out to be shite :smile:

Oh yes, please do away with the 'comedy' training footage, and someone please throw custard pies at the judges when they 'dance' on :banghead:

Edited by Karsa Orlong

So .. first show .. what did we think?

Why have we still got the comedy VTs .. who likes them? .. anybody?? Embarrassing and amateur. I want to see more training.

:blush2:

Yes! At last someone who agrees with me! I think they should stop faffing about and show the actual training. Overall, I do think the majority of the celebs this year, are very good even after show 1. Carol and Daniel are not as good, but they are trying bless them.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Ainsley!   I thought Nat choreographed that tango well.  He needs to learn to keep his shoulders down though.   

I missed Jay cos I was watching the rugby but the general internet concensus is that he did well.  Anthony will get better as his shoulder gets stronger.  Can't do much but wait with a dislocation.  

Iwan was surprisingly bad.

I wrote that before seeing Ainsley dance. All things considered .. it wasn't too bad although he needs to stretch out a bit. The problem I've got with Ainsley is that he's irritated me before .. I'm trying (for Nat's sake :D) to overlook it.

I haven't seen tonight's yet and I'm already irritated by Ainsley Harriott, Kay! :giggle2: Did he pull stupid faces?  Did he mention Percy Pepper? </shudders>

We weren't keen on Daniel either.  I thought the girl from Don't Call the Midwife was the best dancer last night.  Gleb seems okay (he's fairly easy on the eye, but not as nice as Aljaž).  I can't remember who Brendan is dancing with, but I'm looking forward to seeing him and Peter Andre when we finally catch up tomorrow.  I have high hopes for Peter!  :D

He did pull a few faces  :blush2: I want to see the real Ainsley .. but there seems little hope of it!

Peter did dance well .. he's the competition .. the rest must keep him in their sights. Brendan has Kirsty .. she's suffering from an attack of 'Nervous Nellie's' :D .. it could go either way. 

I was correct in my earlier assumption .. my heart has gone out to Jay  :blush2: I think the judges were kind to him .. perhaps too kind but I love him already. Think he has great potential .. hope Aliona will unlock it (wish it was Nat!  :blush2: )

In real life I'm not a fan of Jeremy's .. but I liked the way he attacked his dance. If you can't dance for toffee .. then give it all you can and enjoy the experience. He did that .. bravo!

Iwan was a disappointment ... and that has to be one of the worst beginnings to a dance ever!!  :o But .. he didn't have much time to practice .. let's see what he can do in future weeks.

Outfit of the week .. definitely Georgia's spotty number!!!  :D  :wub: loved it and think I might love her .. it's early days.

Was so tickled pink for Anton!! Really .. he and Katie did a great jive (I'm almost more shocked that Anton did a great jive than Katie :D) .. they will stay in the comp for ages because he's popular and she's good! 

As first weeks go I didn't think it was too bad.  Nice to see Anton actually dancing for once - he might actually make it to December this time.  Purely on first impressions, it's between Peter, Georgia and Helen.  Judging by the audience reaction, I suspect Peter will win it even if his ballroom turns out to be shite :smile:

Oh yes, please do away with the 'comedy' training footage, and someone please throw custard pies at the judges when they 'dance' on :banghead:

Oh please don't let it be a 'Louis Smith' foregone conclusion :(

I will volunteer to be the pie thrower  :D But not at Darcy .. her outfits alone demand respect!  :D 

Edited by poppyshake

Yes! At last someone who agrees with me! I think they should stop faffing about and show the actual training. Overall, I do think the majority of the celebs this year, are very good even after show 1. Carol and Daniel are not as good, but they are trying bless them.

I love a tryer .. we can all relate to it. I do like to see celebs that start at zero .. no dance training or previous experience at all. They do need rhythm though .. and be able to feel music. Iwan is a tryer but I don't think he has rhythm .. and without it there's only so far you can go :blush2: 

I can relate to Kirsty :blush2: I'd be exactly the same .. only I wouldn't look half as good doing it!  :blush2:   

We all seem to be of a similar opinion …

• NO to dancing judges
  • NO to comedy videos
  • YES to more training footage

I was quite pleased with the first dances.  A few good ones (probably a bit too good for week 1) but everyone so far has potential, with possibly the exception of Carol, who will probably stay for a while as she's still dancing with Pasha and he's a favourite pro among the fans.

Dance of the week was probably Peter & Janette for me, although for a cha cha I would have expected to see a New Yorker step and some opening outs, so felt a bit out of my comfort zone as a recognisable cha cha.

My biggest surprise was from Jay & Aliona - he looked SO nervous before the dance, and a bit of a rabbit caught in the headlights afterwards, but Aliona actually gave him some decent choreography and I thought from a technical point of view, he danced it pretty well.  Definitely needs to work on the performance, but bags of promise.

Least favourite routine was Iwan & Ola, although I've seen reports that he only had about three days of actual training due to his other work commitments but not sure how true that was.  Again, the shoehorning of songs relevant to the celebrities profession or a theme into dance styles that don't match irritates me beyond belief.  Give them a proper tango song for goodness sake!!!

I love Natalie, but Ainsley was dreadful.  The only redeeming feature of the dance was watching Natalie with a huge grin on her face which I can only assume was because she could see the gurning face of Ainsley all the time.  Dreadful posture and hold matched with awful facial expressions that was caricature not characterful … urgh.  Can't we get them to swap partners and give Nat someone better?  Surely it was her turn this year?

Of the rest … really liked Georgia & Giovanni, Katie & Anton, Anita & Gleb and Helen & Aljaž, I hope Kirsty and Jamelia will get over their nerves, and everyone else was promising so I'm quite pleased with this years batch on the whole. :D

As for the new professionals, I like them all, but like others have said above, think they've gone over the top with the whole "Gleb is too good looking" thing … Aljaž would get my vote over him every time! :lol:

I think there's an awful lot of chat chat chat which wastes time, leading to only 6 couples dancing on Friday and then 9 on Saturday - they could have evened it out a bit more, or cut a lot of the chatter and VTs and done one long episode where they all danced. Anyway, here's what I thought of them...

FRIDAY NIGHT:

Kellie & Kevin - Tango - Cracking opening to the series. She did really well, but also has a lot of potential.

Anthony & Oti - Jive - Not bad at all! As expected, he's light on his feet and had plenty of energy. He's another one that shows potential.

Helen & Aljaž - Waltz - A beautiful, graceful, elegant dance that was quite breathtaking.

Carol & Pasha - Cha-cha - Absolutely dire! She was stiff as a board throughout, with no grace at all!

Daniel & Kristina - Waltz - Daniel surprised me with how elegant he was on the dance floor!

Anita & Gleb - Cha-cha - A strong finish to the first show.

SATURDAY NIGHT:

Jay & Aliona - Cha-cha - At first I wasn't sure he even wanted to be there, but I think now it was just nerves. He did really well and could be a contender for at least the semi finals...

Kirsty & Brendan - Waltz - She's all leg, and she didn't seem to know quite what to do with them, but she should hopefully improve as the weeks go on.

Jeremy & Karen - Cha-cha - This was just embarrassing to watch, like your dad giving it laldy at a wedding or something.

Georgia & Giovanni - Jive - Energetic! I do, however, think we might soon tire of "Team GG" and I wouldn't be surprised if rumours of a relationship surfaced.

Ainsley & Natalie - Tango - I found this performance quite fun. Not the best dance of the evening, but certainly not the worst, and he certainly gave his all to the character!

Katie & Anton - Jive - It's so nice to finally see Anton paired with someone who isn't a duffer! This was quite an entertaining number performed well.

Iwan & Ola - Tango - I hated this one, and I get the feeling Ola doesn't think much of Iwan - there was some eye rolling and slight grimacing from her!

Jamelia & Tristan - Waltz - I was surprised at how clunky Jamelia was on the dancefloor - she didn't show much grace of movement at all!

Peter & Janette - Cha-Cha - I had a feeling Peter would be the star of the show, and I wasn't disappointed! However, will he be able to keep hold of his lead? Or will one of the others who did quite well show such improvement that he will fall by the wayside? He'll have a hard time upping his game week on week with such a strong start, but I'd love to see him go all the way!

PREDICTIONS:

I think people will have a soft spot for Carol, and that will save her for a couple of weeks, so I think the first ones to leave will be Jeremy and Iwan, closely followed by Kirsty, by which time people will decide Carol really has to go. After that, Jamilia and Daniel will bite the bullet, and Ainsley's OTT personality will become too much for people to continue voting him in. After that it'll get a bit harder to call, so I'll make further predictions as we get further into the series...

For the top spots making it through to the semi-finals, I think we'll almost certainly see Peter in there, along with Helen, Kellie, Georgia, and possibly Jay.

• 2 weeks later...

Last week was cracking .. really enjoyed it.

Thought Jamelia did better but it was quite loose and messy. Knows how to strut her stuff but needs to contain it a bit more and be more precise.

Daniel still unnerves me a bit .. his Charleston was okay .. bit sedentary but that's to be expected. It's much better than I could do anyway. Definitely lacking in swivel.

Kirsty looked amazing and she was much more confident than last week. The routine was a bit liftastic though .. as if Brendan needed to keep her feet off of the floor as much as possible :D Touch of the Victoria Pendleton's about her although then it was terminal .. I think Kirsty can improve. Routine a bit too sleazy for me and Brendan has started 'this girl'ing already which is never a good sign. She looked aghast at the scores (though I thought they were fair) .. not sure that will endear her to the GBP.

Jay is just lovely and I really enjoyed their waltz. He does need to work on his performance but all the raw materials are there. At one point during the dance, he smiled, and it was like the sun had come out  :wub:   Need more of that from him as sometimes he has too much of a look of concentration on his face. I like the new hair but I liked the old hair also .. it made him more individual. I'm looking forward to the Pulp Fiction jive very much indeed.

Iwan was dreadful. absolutely dreadful .. but Ola's choreography was worse! When he was break dancing all I could think of was David Brent  :giggle: .. cringed my way through it from the moment the shirt came off. I never want to see a knee slide again .. from any of them.

Liked Georgia's waltz but it was a bit forgettable .. thought she lost frame a few times and was concentrating a bit too hard for it to look natural but all in all very creditable .. especially for week two. I think it just got lost among more hectic dances.

Wasn't expecting to like Ainsley's dance but loved it. Nat is a genius. It played to all his strengths and was fun without being aggravating (very fine line :D) They're going to be penguins this week .. oh dear!! 

Carol was sweet and she had improved from last week and that's always nice to see. Looked a bit stumbly in places but also looked elegant in others. Love her attitude.

Not sure about Kellie and Kevin .. bit manic. They were lumbered with an awkward song and theme for a cha cha though so hats off. She's got a lot of potential and is really competent but I have to agree with Craig (the boys are right! :D .. or one of them in this case) .. it was a bit spiky for me. Think she's very good at acting out the different themes though .. it looks awkward with some but she seems to be embracing that part of it.

That arm of Anthony's is so distracting .. it is hampering him and Oti (God knows what the paso will be like!!) He's also concentrating far too much for the dance to appear natural. Really like him and Oti though but feel they may be in the danger zone now. How many dances suit a dislocated shoulder?? 

Anita is a natural dancer, she has rhythm, timing, exuberance and everything. Not sure the charleston elements were there .. it was more of a lindy hop as others have said (and I didn't like her swivel any more than Daniel's) but she's not at fault for the choreo. Saw a bit of her training for this week's American smooth and she looks great again .. she's very versatile.

Jeremy .. bless him. The best thing about this was the setting .. what a great library!  :D His dancing is pretty cringey but he commits to it. The obvious duffer in the pack (along with Carol) but his enthusiasm might see him stay in for a while over more competent dancers.

Katie was fantastic .. what a shame about the stumble .. it was nigh on perfect other than that. Loved her attitude and it's still incredibly endearing to see Anton with a good partner (though .. those jokes might wear thin if they go on for much longer!) Again, she seems to be able to take on any dance and make it her own (I know it's early days but wow!) Thought she had the best dress of the night too. 

Liked Peter's quickstep in the main, bit too 'my little pony' in parts and his legs and feet are reminding me of Jake's last year .. they sort of flap too much but his timing and rhythm are great. He feels the music as you would expect and their paso looks great in training.

I like Helen also .. bit stiff and placed as they said. A bit too Pixie but I liked the theme (haha .. I liked Alijaz anyway as a hot and sweaty mechanic .. was he hot and sweaty? or was that just me? :D) and she is very elegant and precise. Looks like she will suit ballroom more than latin.

The right couple went .. definitely!!

Movie week!! I am already cringing a bit at the thought of Daniel as Danny Zuko and Ainsley as a penguin :blush2:  

It was a bit of a marathon … I was glad it was over just to be able to get up and walk around! :lol:

Jamelia & Tristan - too much attitude and not enough technique, but I think that wind machine did her in at the beginning and put her off a bit.
Daniel & Kristina - Kristina looked great but it highlighted that Daniel was lacking technique, and his solo bit in the middle just looked … odd.
Kirsty & Brendan - Brendan rarely resorts to getting his chest out, so it didn't bode well from the get-go. The camera work didn't show a lot of her footwork, but when it did, there was too much skipping, walking and standing waiting for Brendan for the next step. She did seem to bring more to her performance though, and nerves seemed better
Jay & Aliona - lovely song, lovely dance, although I wish Aliona would stay in hold a bit more and not do so much of the wafty arm thing.
Iwan & Ola - the song was never going to help get the right mood, but it was not good.  Flat footed, ugly arms or hands and transitions were poor, but he did give it his all.  Kay - no-one is ever going to top Gethin's knee slides … he burnt holes in the knees of his trousers!
Georgia & Giovanni - not bad, but needs to work on her feet and legs more - she doesn't extend her leg and point her toe properly and no heel leads, but she shows promise which is all I want at this stage.
Ainsley & Natalie - I loved watching Nat dance.  :mellow: 
Carol & Pasha - I loved that throughout the week, the BBC changed it from American Smooth to foxtrot and back again a few times before eventually settling on foxtrot!  I think Pasha knew he'd have to keep her in hold as much as possible so asked for it to be a foxtrot :giggle2:  Better than week 1, but I'm not sure how much improvement we'll see.
Kellie & Kevin - so much to like - great timing, good synchronisation between them, good performance, but another year another dance where Kevin starts a dance sat on the steps, but a bit corny.
Anthony & Oti - too much out of hold and too much dragging Oti across the floor for me, but not too bad.  I can't believe he chose to start this with a shoulder injury!
Anita & Gleb - I love watching Anita dance. Kay, you're right, after the first 30 seconds, it did veer too close to a swinging lindyhop style of dance, but she's really got the performance side of things down pat.  One of my favourite celebs so far, but want to see her ballroom to show she copes with that.
Jeremy & Karen - he's better than I thought he'd be, but it lacked any sort of flair and didn't really flow at all. I think American Smooth is too early to do any justice to, as it needs strong transitions between lifts and linking in hold with out of hold sections, which will never be there until you've learned more technique and got used to dancing.
Katie & Anton - my favourite dance of the night - love Katie, another of my favourites, and although not perfect, I love watching her dance the tango. I see them staying in for a good while yet.
Peter & Janette - what was going on with those trotting sections!  I actually though that during the verses it was too slow, and it was more foxtrot than quickstep, but again, he sold the performance, and he looks like he'll improve week on week.
Helen & Aljaž - as much as I hate to agree with Darcey, she's absolutely right about the ballet having too much influence on Helen's body, as it was all a bit above the floor instead on dancing into the floor, which is what the cha-cha needs.  She'll get there, but it'll take a while to re-educate her muscles.

I hate theme weeks.  There's going to be far to many props, too many gimmicks within the dances to shoe-horn that movie reference in there, and daft costumes, but hey, it could be worse … there was a contestant on the US Dancing With the Stars that did a jive to the theme from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles …wearing a turtle suit :thud:

Eek! :lurker: I was just thinking 'that would never happen here' but then I remembered Scott and Joanne's The Little Mermaid routine :D :D To be fair to Hayes .. he had a lot more rhythm than Scott! :D  

Nearly everyone looks good in training this week so looking forward to a fab show. I like the longer ITT on a Friday but they waste some of it with filler (I don't want to learn to do 'The Strictly' :D) The panel were okay (though .. not really wanting to see/hear Russell going on like he's the Godfather of dance .. again! :D :D ;) ) but really looking forward to the time when Marian is on .. and Miranda. They really know their stuff. I know Penny is a fan but she didn't know Oti's name amongst other things (whereas we practically make it our business to know their shoe sizes!! :D) .. which made me feel as if she hadn't watched it .. or immersed herself in it anyway. Delta may well be a future contestant .. can see that happening.

Aww .. bless The Drifters. I'm pretty sure that's NOT the original line up .. or anywhere near it (are they relatives perhaps?) but it was nice to hear them singing anyway. Love that song. 

Anita and Gleb look brilliant .. except for that one move  :hide: .. hopefully it will look better in context.

I like the longer ITT on Friday too, especially at this stage, as it gives the Friday panel chance to talk about everyone … although I didn't like two out of three of the panel this week, compared to last week, which was a blast!   I wish they'd go back to having Craig on the panel and discussing the dresses/costumes as part of the panel rather than having Vicky Gill on separately on Thursdays.  They have to have some filler, in order to get from one set to the other and get guests on and off set, and sometimes I don't mind it.  I quite liked Biggins with Jamelia last night, but could have done without any more Russell Grant!  Will we never see the back of him?

Miranda, I miss Claudia too … I still have most of ITTs recorded, from the middle of series 3, and we still go back and watch them.  So much better, and you used to get at least Arlene and Craig on their regularly too.  Can't believe we're two full weeks of ITT in, and not a sniff of the judges yet, as Bruno is in the US and Craig is on tour with Annie The Musical, but no excuse for Len and Darcey.  I have liked Karen and Ian being back again, but not a big fan of either Robin or Joanne, and apparently they're going to be on ITT more as the series goes on … presumably as the number of couples diminishes, and the amount of filler increases.

I'm definitely looking forward to tonight … although the Props boys tweeted earlier this morning "… we have Props coming out of our Ears!!!!" which doesn't fill me with joy :(

Jay & Aliona's jive was seriously, seriously, AMAZING!!!!! :cows: :cows: :cows: I can't tell you how many times I've watched it .. too many to count and it's easily the best jive from a male celeb ever and yes .. it even rivals St Jill's of Halfpenny :D So pleased for him, he seems so lovely but hats off to Aliona. She knows she has a great partner and is showing him off perfectly. Her choreography was brilliant.

Though the theme/music was Pulp Fiction, it would be no good them just going out there and doing the twist. The judges would rip them to shreds. They had to do a jive and I thought they mixed the two well .. lots of elements from the iconic film scene but plenty of authentic jive content. Amazing jive content actually .. he was kicking and flicking all over the place but with accuracy and finesse.

He looks quite awkward when he walks about .. he almost lumbers. What a transformation though on the dance floor.

Hope he hasn't peaked too soon like Jake and his salsa. What's promising is that he has time to devote to training .. no busy TV schedule or anything. Hoorah!! More of the same please although not sure I can stand the excitement  :blush2: 

Compared to Jay the other dances hardly binged on my radar  :D 

I'm not a fan of movie week. Don't like any themed weeks really. You know you're in for some cringe inducing routines/costumes/song choices. Poor Nat having to do a cha cha as a penguin .. I would happily throttle the person responsible for that (though .. Nat looked great as a penguin of course :D)

Carol & Pasha's routine was ok, I thought there was definite improvement and she's a lovely lady (think I'll be saying this every week until she goes) .. it wasn't very exciting though. It was just pleasant but in an unrelaxing (she might topple over) way.

All I can think of when I watch Anthony is 'ouch!' His arm is so distracting and obviously it's a massive hindrance. Bless Oti .. for having to be the cape and everything (good enough for Jayne Torvill though!) I think she's a great addition to the pro dancers. It was a bit painting by numbers from Anthony though.

Oh dear .. Anton!! :o  :hide: He needs someone to show him how to do a cha cha cha  :D That was cringey .. I hid for some of it. The judges rightly questioned the content but tbh Katie wasn't that good at dancing the small amount of cha cha she was given. She looked amazing though .. and it's out of the way now. I'm imagining he'll pass on the rumba and so nothing really should worry them. She wants to do the samba apparently (mad fool :D

Kellie and Kevin were very good but it was all a bit manic for me. They are so 'on' all the time .. so intense that it startles me a bit. It's all a bit jazz hands (which to be fair it should be in the Charleston.) I'm finding Kevin's dancing increasingly hyper and I don't like the Charleston much anyway but they had loads of energy and mirrored each other brilliantly. I just haven't warmed to them (hate it when people say that but there it is  :blush2: ) It was good to see some competent dancing though .. the first three weren't exactly burning up the dance floor .. and they did well with the theme because it could so easily have been car crash. 

Oh Lord!! .. Natalie's parents are in the audience. We know what that means! :blush2: Ainsley just continually messed up the routine. At one point when Nat was waiting to be pulled through his legs she practically had to knock on his door =D He does do it with style though and can get away with a lot because he has natural hip action etc. Still .. bit cringey though did love the little penguin steps Nat put in .. cute! She is amazing .. I'm such a fan.

Georgia looked sensational and I didn't think the routine was too bad as rumbas go. It probably could have done with more flow and hip action etc but I thought it was pretty raunchy (but not too sleazy.) I didn't like the way Len ripped into Giovanni .. it wasn't what he said but the way he said it. So aggressive. Really, there was no need .. it made everyone cower a bit in their seats (well .. I did anyway) and it was embarrassing for Georgia. Just take a tablet or something Len.

Helen looks the part and dances the part. Lovely flow and lots of old fashioned Hollywood style foxtrot glamour. Quite dreamy. At this point .. it's my favourite dance of the night. 

It's a bit startling to watch Daniel trying to emulate John Travolta  :hide: .. and it was all a bit twee and not very cha cha at all. He has a sense of humour though (you'd need one wouldn't you? :D) and I can't help but like him. Not sure if this is torture for Kristina or whether she's really enjoying it. I really, really, don't want to see their salsa though (or do I? =D)

I think Brendan probably wants to kill the people in props/make-up/wardrobe. Another terrible theme. Kirsty is the sort of opposite of Jay. Off the dance floor she looks amazing .. utterly stunning. Her dancing is a bit of a dog's dinner though (pardon the pun.) She just looks stiff and inelegant. The nerves look like they've gone which is good but I'm not sure where he goes from here. She hasn't much in the way of natural rhythm. The tail also did her in .. I knew it would when Vicky was showing it to us on ITT.

Janette is a little firecracker .. I loved her in this dance (though it did have a touch of the manic Clifton's about it =D) Wasn't that keen on Peter though. Again too stompy .. like Jake and he just wasn't strong enough with the shaping. The costume was probably hampering. It made me laugh .. not sure it was supposed to.

On paper this should have been a good dance for Jamelia .. not too far out of her comfort zone but somehow it looked a bit lumpy and ungainly. I don't think Tristan's choreography is all that good .. the lifts etc weren't that well executed and there wasn't much in the way of armography. Plus at one point he pulled her by the hair to stop her!! Ouch! Also, like Caroline last year, wardrobe are hating on her. 

I didn't think I'd like Jeremy much but am warming to him a lot. He's the sort of duffer I like .. one that dances with conviction and has fun (but doesn't take it too seriously.) Definite signs of improvement too. Only slight but they were there.

Anita can dance anything .. I'm sure of that but this was all a bit EMO for me (and I hated the 'Gleb Special' .. think I'd rather see an Ola knee slide back than see that again!) It was all a bit too dramatic .. especially for week three. I haven't fully invested in them yet. Probably the strangest American smooth I've ever seen but then given the theme and the music it was always going to be.

And then came Jay. Thank you God!!