Hello!

SorinaM

Hey there, my name is Sorina and I'm from Romania, I'm 21 . I don't have too much to say about me; I'm a book person, I started reading literature somehow late (when I was about 13-14 years old I read the first book I enjoyed and I couldn't stop since then), I enjoy drawing (traditional and digital), writing, I also have a blog (3 years so far, my longest  relationship).

Favorite writer : definitely Stephen King. Also, I recently discovered Carlos Ruiz Zafon and it's becoming an obsession. I enjoyed as well John Saul's books, I've read everything Dan Brown wrote and I liked it.

Favorite books: I have to go with The Dark Tower series, even if I only read the first four books so far, I love it. Also, Miss Peregrine, The Shadow of the wind, Blaze, Dolores Claiborne, Cell and so on.

About other things - I consider myself a calm being; even if I write a lot with the voice of depression I'm usually cheerful with the ones around me. 

This being said, I'm glad to join you in the hopes of becoming a better person and a true reader. Feel free to ask questions, I will answer as soon as I can !

Welcome to the forum, SorinaM. Do you show your drawings somewhere (like DeviantArt e.g.)?

Yes, I have a blog where I post pretty much everytime I draw something new ( http://chosenvoice.wordpress.com )

Hello Sorina and welcome to the forum! Is that your real name, Sorina? I think it's beautiful! :smile2:

Yes actually, it is my real name and thank you. It's a pretty common romanian name :D

Welcome here :)! Sorina is a beautiful name.

I own a couple of the Dark Towers books but not all of them so I haven't yet started it because I'm not sure if starting with book 4 is a good idea :P. I do like Stephen King though. My favourite of his so far is IT.

I like your blog. I hope you have a nice time here. It's always nice to meet another reader :).

Welcome Sorina :)

I love Dark Tower too. :) Whilst I would consider book 4 to be the peak of the series, it's definitely worth finishing off the series as there's some good stuff to come. I may have to re-read it myself actually as I've only read the final 3 books once so far.

You might say it's his seminal work as so many of his other books contain references to dark tower events/characters. Google for dark tower connections. :)

Hei and thank you! I know about the connections, I keep hunting them since I started reading The Dark Tower. Sadly, I found about them myself and I was quite shocked when I encountered it in Doctor Sleep, googled about that and found out it's actually a thing he does; since then I'm hunting.

I just started the fifth book so I can't give you an opinion just yet, but I think the fourth one was mindblowing.

• 2 weeks later...

Belated hello and welcome to BCF, SorinaM, glad you joined us! :D

One of my top 10 reads of all-time is The Shining so I'm also a fan of King.  I read him non-stop in high school (much longer ago than I care to admit) and then took a couple decades' pause until a couple of years ago.  Since then I've read Under the Dome, Full Dark, No Stars and Dr. Sleep.  Most of which I enjoyed and it was nice to get back into his style of writing again :).