NFL

mirandashell

My eldest son and his mates watch it....they take turns at hosting an evening of it...boy does it go on for hours. Don't really get it myself....lol...catch the ball and run is about my understanding of it...lol :D

• 1 year later...

My son and mates do a draw for teams in the playoffs...he has the Falcons but his team is really the Patriots...although Gronk is out for rest of season he says....not that I would know anything about it.

Still saying Steelers vs Packers, Patriots have a soft schedule, and that may be about to expose itself against the Steelers. As an American it is strange to see how little Europeans pay attention. Over here it is like breathing.

But I suppose the same can be said for Futbol on the other side of the pond, although I do enjoy the occasion that I catch a good match

Still saying Steelers vs Packers, Patriots have a soft schedule, and that may be about to expose itself against the Steelers. As an American it is strange to see how little Europeans pay attention. Over here it is like breathing.

But I suppose the same can be said for Futbol on the other side of the pond, although I do enjoy the occasion that I catch a good match

Well we have Rugby football too, which is the sort of parent game of American football, although the US version has evolved into a somewhat different tactical game...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_American_football

a woman at my place of work is a big Pittsburgh Steelers fan.

Edited by vodkafan

Part of it is timing. I'm a big NFL fan, but it requires commitment to watch games at 1am if you have to get up at 7am for work.

Futbol is certainly much more popular in the US than NFL here, but a 3pm Saturday game here kicks off at 10am on the east coast - so a little easier.

I would like to see the Falcons progress but I suspect that is wishful thinking.