Patrick Ness starts an appeal which has raised over £100K

Michelle

Earlier today Patrick Ness set up a fundraising page for Save the Children, who have recently put out an appeal for aid for Syrian refugees. He promised to match all donations, up to £10k. 

As I post, donations are at £66k, with an extra £10k pledged by Patrick, Derek Landy, John Green and Jojo Moyes. He's also just tweeted that he's been contacted by 2 anonymous people who are going to donate £10k each. So it's now way over £100k - and this has been over the course of the day. 

It's amazing what people can achieve to help others. :)

Want to help? http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=PatrickNess

This is an incredible effort and has restored some of my faith in humanity. Although it has, somewhat inevitably, slowed down, the money keeps coming in - both from the public and authors with matching £10k donations. I've done my bit too, and I'm sure Ness is very proud of what he's managed to achieve.