What's Up in September? - 2015

Athena

About to meet a friend for lunch and work a bit on my personal statement for this job I'm applying for. Trying to write a blurb selling myself as the ideal candidate when I have no experience whatsoever in the area is tricky. 

I really don't mind either way about this job, I'm starting to get quite panicky at night now thinking about it. If I get it, I'll give it a bash, if I don't, well, I won't be sorry because there are probably easier roles I could take on.

Good luck, Noll :)

It was back to work today for me after a 3 day holiday weekend up at the cabin. Nothing too exciting planned for me this week besides work and the gym.  Have a good one, everyone! :D

I wish you and everyone else a good week too :)!

I've been working on my book reviews, and I've got new books to catalogue. Yesterday I made pasta bake, which was quite nice. I've been cooking more dinners lately because Michael (my boyfriend) hasn't been feeling well (it's his M.E.). He's having problems sleeping, so I try to take care of him a bit by cooking dinner (usually we do that together, though since our kitchen is small, only one person can be at the stove and usually it's him but lately I've been cooking more). I'm still learning how to prepare certain meals but it's fun that I can do that now that I'm finished with university and everything.

• 2 weeks later...

As it's a lovely day, decided to leave the car at home and walk up to the village for a coffee and a read, then over to see my Dad before coming home.  Hoping to try and catch up with some more reviews this afternoon, and then settle in for a reading session.  A perfect lazy Sunday. :)

We got home from holiday just before midnight on Friday. We had a lovely time driving down to Northern Italy, taking in (briefly) lots of places en route.

We are pretty tired still, and the stinky cold that husband developed on holiday has been passed on to me, so I am a sniffling, coughing mumbling mess who keeps losing her voice!   :sneeze: Husband is much better though, which is great.

Back to normal tomorrow for us both, but we have a new (to us) car to collect next weekend which is something to look forward to.

I have a hot pot / casserole on a slow cook in the oven, we have fresh made bread, and it's husband's 'turn' to make a cuppa. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday.  :smile:

I'm going to Brussels on Friday! And I have date two with a guy this week.

Not gonna elaborate here coz I'd only be repeating myself, it's in my member thread The House At Noll Corner if anyone wants to find out more.

Can't believe the weekend is gone already... back to work tomorrow yeesh.

I have some personal news; in the next months, I'll move in to my father's house in The Netherlands. North Holland, to be more precise. He invited me when we met in August. I don't know why I took so long to decide; the other option was moving in to an uncle's apartment in a coastal village, but I'll choose the adventure instead. I've been there twice before.

Edited by woolf woolf

As it's a lovely day, decided to leave the car at home and walk up to the village for a coffee and a read, then over to see my Dad before coming home.  Hoping to try and catch up with some more reviews this afternoon, and then settle in for a reading session.  A perfect lazy Sunday. :)

Sounds nice :).

We got home from holiday just before midnight on Friday. We had a lovely time driving down to Northern Italy, taking in (briefly) lots of places en route.

We are pretty tired still, and the stinky cold that husband developed on holiday has been passed on to me, so I am a sniffling, coughing mumbling mess who keeps losing her voice!   :sneeze: Husband is much better though, which is great.

Back to normal tomorrow for us both, but we have a new (to us) car to collect next weekend which is something to look forward to.

I have a hot pot / casserole on a slow cook in the oven, we have fresh made bread, and it's husband's 'turn' to make a cuppa. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday.  :smile:

I hope you will feel better soon :flowers2:.

I'm going to Brussels on Friday! And I have date two with a guy this week.

Not gonna elaborate here coz I'd only be repeating myself, it's in my member thread The House At Noll Corner if anyone wants to find out more.

Can't believe the weekend is gone already... back to work tomorrow yeesh.

Have fun :D!! (I know, I already said it in your thread :P).

I have some personal news; in the next months, I'll move in to my father's house in The Netherlands. North Holland, to be more precise. He invited me when we met in August. I don't know why I took so long to decide; the other option was moving in to an uncle's apartment in a coastal village, but I'll choose the adventure instead. I've been there twice before.

Good luck sorting everything out, I hope you enjoy living in the Netherlands :)!

This past weekend my grandmother celebrated her birthday (my dad's mother) and we visited her and celebrated her birthday with the family. We spent some time at their house first and then all of us (except one person) went to a museum and spend the rest of the afternoon there. It was pretty busy in the museum, so I've been feeling pretty tired since we got back. Oh yeah, there were roadworks too so we spend longer in the car than we otherwise would have. I'm still tired from the weekend, so I hope I can rest a bit this week. It was nice to spend time with my dad's family though and to see the museum.

Had a few things to sort out today, so it feels like I've been all over the place!  The result, however, is that we now have a fabulous new rug in our living room.  The old one was a Turkish style rug, but it was so old, it was threadbare in places and wasn't exactly good at keeping your feet warm.  The new one is a lovely contemporary style, with a multicoloured stripe in mostly autumnal colours, so lots of reds, oranges, browns, with the odd blue stripe in amongst them.  It's so soft and warm, and it's a bit bigger too, so fits the room better.  I love it! :wub:

Wow- you are so lucky!  What a choice- but I'd give anything to live in the Netherlands- have a great move and much success!  Are you nervous or more excited?

Wow- you are so lucky!  What a choice- but I'd give anything to live in the Netherlands- have a great move and much success!  Are you nervous or more excited?

I think I'm happy. It fits really well with everyone else's lives around me, which feels like a really good bonus. Perhaps I'm excited, because I don't know what lies ahead. It feels right.

I think I'm happy. It fits really well with everyone else's lives around me, which feels like a really good bonus. Perhaps I'm excited, because I don't know what lies ahead. It feels right.

That's so great to hear, I hope you grow to love your new home :)

There are just a few days left until this month ends; I have to say, september is my favorite month. I get to celebrate my birthday, it's not so hot anymore and autumn rain and trees are absolutely amazing.

So far, I enjoyed the holiday weeks I had left, read a few books and started packing for another semester.

Charlie and I had a horrible evening yesterday. His team had a badminton match against another team and one of their opponents collapsed and died. A few of us tried to help but our limited first aid wasn't enough and the leisure centre staff were no better, the ambulance arrived quickly but despite trying for almost an hour couldn't keep him going. So so sad. For a few years I have been considering doing a proper St John's course and I think I really must now, I've done the odd day course here and there but clearly they didn't prepare me as much as I would have hoped. :(

OMGs Chalie! That's awful! <3

I'm off out shopping and lunching with my boys today. Xan decided that we had to go out to his favourite restaurant for our joint birthday lunch, so this morning he was up before Dale even left for work (5,30am!) and dressed in his smart trousers, white shirt, and suit jacket, looking very dapper! He also said I had to wear a dress, so I'm all dolled up, and Josh is dressed very smartly too. Off to have a lovely day of shopping and birthday lunching with my two gorgeous little dates. :)

I can't stop thinking about it, I was scared to go to bed last night as thought I wouldn't be able to sleep for thinking it over and over but thankfully I was exhausted enough to have a decent night. Charlie seems to be fine, I was worried as he can be emotional over things like this but he didn't know the man and it was the first time he had played him so no real connection I suppose. I think we may send a note to his family if I can get some contact details, it may help a smidge to know that others are thinking abut them.

Yikes Hayley that's horrendous :( Glad to hear it's not affecting Charlie too much.

I got back from Brussels Monday night, felt run down, and basically slept until this morning. Didn't eat for about 46 hours. Feel woozy, wobbly, shivery and generally like all I want to do is sleep even more. I forced myself to go to the shop, which was really unpleasant, but now I have food and lemsip so hopefully I'll start feeling better.