The Shepherd's Crown

mirandashell

I bought this yesterday.  Both the slipcase version and the cheap version.   Because I knew I would cry all over the one I was reading...... and I did.  

I knew what was going to happen to Granny as soon as I read the dedication.  And her death was brilliantly written.  And all the people saying goodbye......

And what also broke my heart was all the subplots that will now never be developed.  Geoffery and Mephistopheles.  Mrs Earwig.  The magic powers of You.  All gone forever.   

Never mind all the new plots Rob mentions in the Epilogue..... sigh.

I miss PTerry every day.

Edited by Athena
Added spoiler tags

We don't normally post spoilers on the forum, we use [ spoiler ] tags for reads unless they are group reads. So I've added them to your post, I hope you don't mind. You can add them yourself by adding writing:

[ spoiler ]Your spoiler goes here[ / spoiler ] without spaces.

Or you can click on the third box from the left in the top bar of the postbox (after clicking on 'More Post Options' if replying in a thread instead of creating one), then select 'Spoiler' in the drop down box.

I've not read it yet. I'm both looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time, because I know I'm going to feel totally bereft knowing there are no more books coming from this genius of a man.

I'm hoping to get it for my birthday. If I don't, I'll be getting it with any money I might get for my birthday. If I don't, then I can probably expect it from Santa Claus...