What Are You Wearing Today?

Nollaig

We used to have  a thread like this some years back, not sure where it went, and I used to love posting all about my Primark outfits in it! :giggle:

Whether it's day to day clothes, work clothes, an occasional pop in to tell us about a new dress or smart suit you're wearing out tonight, the results of today's shopping trip, annoyance at wearing wellies in the middle of August - whatever is it, do come tell me about it! :lol:

This was totally inspired by (yet another) shopping trip I went on over the weekend. I need to stop, but yay new clothes!

Today I am wearing a black string top over a patterned woolly grey skirt (the skirt is new, I LOVE IT!), black tights and cardigan, and ankle boots. 100% Penneys/Primark sourced :D Bit of a wintry look but hey the summer has a bit of a wintry look about it this year!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I heart Primark. :wub: Most of my clothes come from either there, or from George/Asda. I love the sound of your outfit, Noll! A couple of days ago I wore a long-sleeved black bodycon dress with grey woolly tights, so you're not the only one rocking the winter look in the middle of summer. :D (I also tend to wear fluffy socks all year round . . .)

Last week I had a trip to Matalan and bought two casual dresses (this one and this one). I can't wait until autumn, when I'll likely match them up with black tights, long black sleeveless cardigan, and either black boots or black flats. Yeah, I like black clothes. :rolleyes:

Yay for clothes! :D

For a second I thought that said 'I hate Primark' and I was like :thud:

Haha I wear black a lot too, although I've gotten some checkered/plaid shirts recently that are a bit brighter :lol: I looooove the sound of black dress with woolly grey tights, might try get a similar combo for winter.

I also love the black and white one of those dresses, its fab! I can't wait til actual winter rolls around to be honest, that's really the season for clothes I love (scarves, boots, and layers!)

I bought a lovely red and black one in primark the other day but it's super long (which I didn't realise at the time) so I now have no idea how to wear it, it looks really oversized on me! I'm thinking I'm gonna have to wear it maybe over a black dress and under a black cardi, for a sort of red/black checked border peeking out. I dunno really! Mental note, always try things on.

(In my defence they will literally turning the lights off to close the store! :lol: )

Your clothes sound nice (both of you)!

I like Primark too :). I went to it several times while I was on holidays in the UK, and since a while we have a few shops in the Netherlands, so I've been there several times. My only regret is that it's always so busy there (at least compared with some other shops).

Today I'm wearing my green outdoorsy trousers, a T-shirt that's purple with flowers that I bought on the market and my pink vest.

Love this topic!

I'm wearing an ankle length "broom skirt" in tangerine, turquoises, red and some yellow, paired with a red t-shirt, turquoises Native American earrings, comfy flesh colored leather sandals and turquoises nail polish. My hair is in a curly up-do. Kind of bohemian is how I would describe it!

Autumn/winter are my favorite clothes months also. Summer is spent trying to find clothes that don't cling with sweat or cause the thighs to melt (NOT a good feeling!). I'm into layering with rustic colors, boots, scarves, the whole nine yards.

Your clothes sound nice (both of you)!

I like Primark too :). I went to it several times while I was on holidays in the UK, and since a while we have a few shops in the Netherlands, so I've been there several times. My only regret is that it's always so busy there (at least compared with some other shops).

Today I'm wearing my green outdoorsy trousers, a T-shirt that's purple with flowers that I bought on the market and my pink vest.

Oooh you sound so colourful! :D

I remember the thread from way back too. 

Today it's black lounging trousers, a grey sleeveless t- shirt, and if I head out a black and white checked shirt.  

Nice - I have a black and white checked shirt that I recently got too, so I've been rocking a similar look over the last week or so :D

Great idea!

I am generally at least 80% Fat Face. Today it's FF fitted jeans and a horizontally wide striped navy and cream FF 3/4 sleeved top. If I go out I'll probably wear my blue Toms canvas shoes. :)

Fat Face?! :o

Today I am wearing a cream top with black floral print which I thought was black and white when I bought it, so now I'm not as sure about it but oh well! Wearing it with black black and more black - skirt, tights, shoes and cardi :)

Forgot to mention that I made it all the way to work, was here at LEAST an hour before I realized that my shirt was inside out... I don't know what that says about me or my co-workers. None of them even noticed :giggle2: maybe I'm not as popular as I thought I was!!!

Love this topic!

I'm wearing an ankle length "broom skirt" in tangerine, turquoises, red and some yellow, paired with a red t-shirt, turquoises Native American earrings, comfy flesh colored leather sandals and turquoises nail polish. My hair is in a curly up-do. Kind of bohemian is how I would describe it!

Autumn/winter are my favorite clothes months also. Summer is spent trying to find clothes that don't cling with sweat or cause the thighs to melt (NOT a good feeling!). I'm into layering with rustic colors, boots, scarves, the whole nine yards.

Forgot to mention that I made it all the way to work, was here at LEAST an hour before I realized that my shirt was inside out... I don't know what that says about me or my co-workers. None of them even noticed :giggle2: maybe I'm not as popular as I thought I was!!!

Whoops you posted while I was replying so I missed your original one. I love rustic colours too, there's been a surprising amount of rustic going on in penneys for summer time, I picked up a lovely scarf with kind of burnt orange and brown on it, and creamy sort of zig-zag and arrow patterning with a bit of a fringe, will be lovely in winter!

I wanted to do most of my shopping online but the stuff I REALLY want, its just too pricey. The stuff I can afford is, well....ugh. When I do come across an item I really like, its only in xs/s or XXL. Its frustrating because I've seen some of the most GORGEOUS autumn/winter rustic stuff. I'll continue to search. If I can just find 5 outfits that can be layered and mixed and matched, I'd be a happy girl.

I bought a lovely red and black one in primark the other day but it's super long (which I didn't realise at the time) so I now have no idea how to wear it, it looks really oversized on me! I'm thinking I'm gonna have to wear it maybe over a black dress and under a black cardi, for a sort of red/black checked border peeking out. I dunno really! Mental note, always try things on.

That can be your lounging shirt, for wearing at home with leggings, or at bedtime without leggings. :D Or, you could leave the bottom half unbuttoned, then sort of hike it up and tie it in a knot at the waist?

That can be your lounging shirt, for wearing at home with leggings, or at bedtime without leggings. :D Or, you could leave the bottom half unbuttoned, then sort of hike it up and tie it in a knot at the waist?

Both precise thoughts I had about it haha, it has been my lounging-with-leggings shirt for the last couple days. Haven't yet tried the knotted thing... not sure how that will look on me as I'm not thin, but I might give it a go.

I don't have a fat face, it's a clothing brand, maybe you don't have it in Ireland?

I don't think so no! :giggle: Interesting name for a clothing brand...

This morning I am wearing my Grumpy care bear onesie! :lol:

(In my defence they will literally turning the lights off to close the store! :lol: )

I think I bought the exact same shirt and have the exact same problem :lol:

I was thinking black skinny jeans and knee high boots with a very long shirt. Like I clearly intentionally bought it that long... Not sure how many I will fool. Very wintry look that though so going to wait until September to get it out of the wardrobe!

Today I am wearing a clingy, just above the knee forest green and brown print sundress with deep a deep "v" front and back. The straps are about 2.5 inches wide. I'm also wearing a cream colored thin sweater because it has pockets. I need to have my phone on me and a place to store my reading glasses but I don't really own dresses like that so, summer sweater it is.

I think I bought the exact same shirt and have the exact same problem :lol:

I was thinking black skinny jeans and knee high boots with a very long shirt. Like I clearly intentionally bought it that long... Not sure how many I will fool. Very wintry look that though so going to wait until September to get it out of the wardrobe!

It did not look that long on the hanger!! Yeah definitely a winter look I think, with a black cardigan over it to tone it down and stop it looking like I'm wearing some 6'4 fella's shirt :lol:

Today I wore my Mantaray kite dress - this dress (much bigger on me than the model lol but I quite like it on my curves!) is from Debenhams originally but I actually got it second hand on Ebay for like 7 euro, which is a lot cheaper than it originally was! I absolutely adore it. I love the sky, and I think this dress just looks so stormy and blustery, but because it's a light shirt dress it's good for summer or winter. :D

post-4797-0-07278700-1439389248_thumb.jpg

Oooh you sound so colourful! :D

Thanks, I usually am :D. I prefer that :blush2:. I am not much into fashion and don't follow any trends (unless by accident), I just wear what I like and feel comfortable in (gladly nowadays that's different things than what I wore in secondary school, because some of it wasn't that good looking in retrospect). I like to wear something colourful most of the time, or at least I like to wear more than just one colour of something. I prefer to wear shirts with a print or a pattern, instead of plain ones. Though I do on occasion wear a plain white blouse or shirt but then it's got certain ridges or buttons.

Haha :giggle2:! I tend to notice these things pretty quickly myself, but it's interesting how some other people usually don't.

Today I wore my Mantaray kite dress - this dress (much bigger on me than the model lol but I quite like it on my curves!) is from Debenhams originally but I actually got it second hand on Ebay for like 7 euro, which is a lot cheaper than it originally was! I absolutely adore it. I love the sky, and I think this dress just looks so stormy and blustery, but because it's a light shirt dress it's good for summer or winter. :D

This dress looks beautiful :)!

Well, I'm not dressed in any special way today, the same green trousers as the last time I posted, with a shirt with a sort of flowery jungly print, the colours most used are blue and black, but there are other colours in the shirt too. It's in fact the other shirt I bought on the market (see my last post), they are both similar and from the same 'stall' and brand. I liked them both though and couldn't pick between them so I bought both. I shall have to remember this thread when I wear something more interesting :giggle2:. It's warm outside so I might wear a summer dress or some shorts (short trousers) later on.

Today it is tiddling down outside, so it's jeans, pale blue t shirt, pale blue linen shirt and a cotton scarf with a pattern of different leaves in shades of blue. 

As I get older and my skin changes I have noticed that black worn on my top half has to be 'broken' by a scarf or something, else it has a really draining effect. Long scarves also contribute toward blurring my fatter curves!  :D

I am not much into fashion and don't follow any trends (unless by accident), I just wear what I like and feel comfortable in.

Absolutely THIS! :D You put it brilliantly Gaia.  

Today I am wearing a retro dress reminiscent of the 70's. Its brown, white, gold and burgundy abstract flowers with a deep v-neck and bell sleeves that cut off just above the elbows. I love that its easy care and comfortable.

Gaia, I totally understand! I'm no fashionista or clothes horse. I'm more partial to thrift store items because I'm most likely not to see it on someone else! I also just can't get with the trends. I often tell my hubby how blessed he is to have such a low maintenance spouse!

Chrissy, EXACTLY!! I'm in the process of replacing several scarves that went missing. My only fear about them is that I can be a bit clumsy. I'd hate to choke on one of the blasted things. Imagine what the coroners report would say, lmbo!!

I agree, wear what makes you happy and that you feel comfortable in!

Off out to Zizzi's with family and friends so it's navy skinny Fat Face leggings and a lime green White Stuff (another of my fave clothing brands) lightweight knit, will jazz up with a little silver jewellery. :)