Movies you are looking forward to in 2016

Raven

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No more movie theaters for me and my family. People can't stop shooting the place up. We'll invest in a good home theater system, utilize Netflix more and streaming. Having said all that, not sure if there's anything I really NEED to see anything.

Mine are...

January:

• Point Break
  • The Revenant

February:

• Deadpool
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
  • Zoolander 2
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
  • Hail, Caesar!

March:

• Ben Hur
  • Allegiant Part 1
  • Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
  • Grimsby

April:

• The Jungle Book
  • The Brontes

May:

• Friday 13th
  • X-Men: Apocalypse
  • Alice Through the Looking Glass

June:

• Now You See Me: The Second Act
  • Independence Day: Resurgance
  • The Secret Life of Pets

July:

• Star Trek Beyond
  • Tarzan
  • Knight of the Roundtable: King Arthur
  • The BFG

August:

• Pete's Dragon

October:

• Gambit

November:

• Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

December:

• Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One
  • Dance of the Goblins

That's just for starters though - I've not had a chance to really look at what else is coming and see what they're all about. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am really anxiously waiting for this movie to be released. It is based on the true story of Hugh Glass, a Mountain Man and frontiersman in 1820.

Wow!  That looks really interesting, Muggle, thanks for passing it on.  The way it's shot looks really cool and I love history so I'm definitely on board with this one :D.

I didn't know that was announced, good to know. It should be interesting to see what the film will be like. Wikipedia tells me it might not have any spoken text in it and it's about a man in a desert fighting a turtle. Whether those things are correct or not, I don't know.

Books about the Mountain Men in the history of the U.S. are some of my favorite reading. I would classify most of them as Historical Fiction although many are more or less based on fact. I have probably read much more than a dozen books of this genre.

A couple of the many good books on Mountain Men are The Big Sky by A.B. Guthrie and Give Your Heart to the Hawks by Win Blevins. There are many more good books though. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Give-Your-Heart-Hawks-Mountain/dp/0765314355/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1450399873&sr=1-1&keywords=win+blevins

Edited by muggle not

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just saw an ad for 10 Cloverfield Lane, which is apparently a 'blood relative' of Cloverfield, which I really enjoyed. This one looks like it might be good too.

The adaptation of Stephen King's 11.22.63 also looks good.

I just saw an ad for 10 Cloverfield Lane, which is apparently a 'blood relative' of Cloverfield, which I really enjoyed. This one looks like it might be good too.

Wow I heard nothing about this!! Must watch the trailer this evening after work. I loved Cloverfield!

The adaptation of Stephen King's 11.22.63 also looks good.

Ooh- I didn't know this, my mom might like it too!

Wow I heard nothing about this!! Must watch the trailer this evening after work. I loved Cloverfield!

Have you heard of The Witch?  I saw the trailer and thought of you :P

• 2 weeks later...

A painted biopic of Van Gogh will be released later this year, based on his personal letters. It's directed by Dorota Kobiela, which has only directed one feature film previously but all her work in cinema seems experimental. The artists were trained in Van Gogh's style for the film's production. I'm cautious, but curious.

Edited by woolf woolf