Movies you are looking forward to in 2016

Raven

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me neither, I thought the original film was bad enough.  Getting a bit fed up with all the remakes, reboots or whatever you want to call them. :angry:

Blasphemy! Ghostbusters is a classic! :D 

I rather like the look of the remake. It's not one I would go to see at the movies, but I'll definitely watch it one day.

I like the original. 

I was 13 when it came out and it was a film I watched over and over on VHS as a teenager.  More recently, a friend and I used to quote lines from it to each other in the pub and in 2014 I went to see it when it was re-released for its thirtieth anniversary.  I hadn't seen the film for a number of years and was really looking forward to seeing it on the big screen again, but I ended up being disappointed, because the delivery of a lot of the lines my friend and I used to quote to each other was a lot flatter than I remembered.  "Mother puss bucket!" was the only one that really got a laugh, and that was mainly because I had forgotten about it.

With this new film it's not a case of "they can't remake that, it's a classic!" for me, I just don't watch many film comedies - particularly recent ones - because I think it is a very dull and often tedious medium where the jokes are either too obvious or too infantile.  Also, a lot of comedy films try too hard at being funny; humour works best for me when it is under played. 

Watching this trailer I didn't find myself thinking "That looks funny" I found myself thinking "Why would a ghost projectile vomit ectoplasm?" In the original it was something things got covered with when they came into contact with a ghost, the "humour" of the scene just didn't work for me. 

Perhaps it brought back unhappy memories of Noel's House Party, or something . . .

A painted biopic of Van Gogh will be released later this year, based on his personal letters. It's directed by Dorota Kobiela, which has only directed one feature film previously but all her work in cinema seems experimental. The artists were trained in Van Gogh's style for the film's production. I'm cautious, but curious.

I'm absolutely loving the look of this :) Will definitely try and see it.

• 2 weeks later...

A painted biopic of Van Gogh will be released later this year, based on his personal letters. It's directed by Dorota Kobiela, which has only directed one feature film previously but all her work in cinema seems experimental. The artists were trained in Van Gogh's style for the film's production. I'm cautious, but curious.

This one! And

Miss Peregrines Home For Unusual Children

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anybody read the book of this by Deborah Moggach? It looks a bit interesting and it has Christoph Waltz, who I like, but on the downside it has Cara Delevigne, who I can't stand

• 2 weeks later...

I read Tulip Fever years ago and enjoyed it, I think a movie was planned back then but fell through.  I can't stand CD either, there are plenty of actresses out there desperate for roles :o

Edited by Madeleine

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am really excited for Suicide Squad but there have been a lot of bad reviews lately so now I am starting to get nervous. I regret having read the reviews because even if there aren't any spoilers, I feel like I will be thinking about that when I watch the movie and it will hurt my experience.

I'm also really excited for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Especially since JK Rowling has posted so much new content on Pottermore.