What's Up in August? - 2015

frankie

Glad your appointment went well Gaia!

This weekend was spent getting ready for the littles. Friday after work I went to get the boys school supplies. What an ordeal. I haven't school shopped in years and the things the schools are requesting....ugh. Expensive and dang near impossible to find!

Saturday I got the kids bedroom ready, organized their clothing, put their school supplies together and cleaned house. Sunday hubby and I went to Georgia to pick up three boys and came back with three boys and two wee little girlies. The more the merrier. They are so absolutely adorable that I hate when they go back. 

Today its back to work and then the open house at school this evening. Tomorrow, the first day of school!

Thanks, Virginia :)! I hope school goes well for all the kids.

New phone, on which I am typing this.

Yay! 

Today I found out I'll be paid this month for an extra week which cropped up over July/August, so five weeks pay, approx €300 extra! Woooooo!

I've also just finished a solid draft of a project for my director, so that's one less thing to stress about (until he comes back to me with edits!)

And I can't remember if I've already mentioned it, but I'm also almost certainly getting kept on longer at work because my main project is only just starting and I won't get it completed by the end of September. Might only be an extra month or two, but I'll take anything I can get!

Woohoo for extra money :)! It's great you'll be employed for a while longer :).

I'm back from my lovely vacation and cannot believe how fast the time flew.  I packed a lot in, including numerous boat rides, reading, 3 sewing projects, shopping, BBQ-ing, and even helped paint the main floor of the house!  I also helped collect items for a local church auction and generally spent a lot of hours outdoors with a drink in my hand :D.  I'm back at work today...

I'm glad you had a great holiday :)

Speaking of starting school,, I start my Critical Thinking in Literature class tomorrow, but I am not sure how much critical thinking I want to do lol  I have nearly talked myself out of this class and it doesn't help that the textbook isn't appealing either.  There is another literature class that I want at a different school, so I will try and get into that college for the spring.

I hope your class will be more fun than you think it will be :(.

I have a phone appointment with my psychiatrist this afternoon and I've been helping my sister with stuff. I hope to rest a bit later in the afternoon and to do a bit of reading.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After working two Sundays in a row, plus a couple of late evenings, I'm off for the rest of the week now!  I've got to take my car to the garage tomorrow, and need to properly clean some of the house as it's been a slap dash job for a while, but apart from that, I'm going into relaxing mode.  I might try and go to the cinema one day, and I really want to make a decent dent in the remaining books on my TBR, which is a single paperback plus ten Kindle books, so looking forward to making some good progress there!

I hope your class will be more fun than you think it will be :(.

I have a phone appointment with my psychiatrist this afternoon and I've been helping my sister with stuff. I hope to rest a bit later in the afternoon and to do a bit of reading.

Thanks- but I didn't even go  :(  I am very disappointed my myself.  I think I just need to take this semester off.  Still, I feel like I've let myself and everyone I know, down.

I hope your appointment goes well and that you can get to more Mistborn soon :)

Anna, you have to do whats right for YOU when the time is right for YOU. 

I'm sitting here finishing off a lovely piece of chocolate cake that we got for two departing coworkers. I want more. I may get more as I sit here and try to wrap my head around what awaits when I get home, lol. Five kiddies. Hubby goes back to work tonight and I will have to get the boys ready for school tomorrow. If the hubby gets dinner going we may be able to get them all fed and bathed before he leaves for work at 7:30. I hope he can get a little rest before heading out. I foresee it getting a little hairy as we adjust. 

I got little sleep last night as my little monster (1 year old) proceeded to kick and beat the bejeezus out of me while sleeping. I swear it feels like I went in the ring with Mike Tyson. The only time she really seems to sleep is when she's in our bed on MY side. We HAVE to come to some kind of understanding.

Anna - what Virginia said. You gotta do what's right for you. I dunno if you know this, but I dropped out of college last January. I too felt like I was letting everyone down, but I would have been letting myself down if I had continued. If you feel like chatting with someone who knows that feel, feel free to message me :)

I went to see Paper Towns! It was as good as could be expected. My biggest concern - that the finesse and depth of the pose could not translate to people running around in front of a camera - proved true. But it was a very fun, hilarious movie which definitely captured the spirit of the novel in a lighter way, so it's a fair companion to the book.

Got the kids off to school today. It was, interesting. After getting home from work yesterday I had to get their school clothes and lunch ready, along with my stuff. Hubby had fed three of the kids and I fed the remaining two who I'll call "Bonnie and Clyde." We got them showered and ready for some down time. My namesake, aka, Banshee, was ready to party. And she did, up til about 0200 (as far as I can tell, I gave up the ghost before she did). During the night we had one fall off the bed and two up with stuffy noses and congestion and the other kicking the crap out of me. Got up and dressed, then got the boys up. As I was getting their breakfast ready I happened to notice that one of the lunch boxes was missing. I searched and found it in the den, on a recliner, opened. The aluminum foil was void of the peanut butter and jelly sandwich it had contained. 

Sometime during my morning constitutional our little Sally woke up and came into our bedroom to tell me good morning and to give me my kiss. She then went back to bed. When I came out of the shower she was laying in our bed beside her sister and papa. I didn't think anything about it. Fast forward to the missing lunch box. The box had been moved AFTER I had made my morning round in the kitchen. Sally had reached up, grabbed the lunch box that she could reach, took it to the chair, sat down, opened it up, removed the sandwich, at the sandwich, left the box in the chair, went back into my bedroom, climbed up on the bed and proceeded to watch Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End, like it was cool.

Sally normally only has a minimal vocabulary early in the morning. It consists of "eat." I should have known that something was amiss when she didn't demand to "eat" first thing this morning.

Hi!

Peacefield I'm glad that you enjoyed your holidays!

Chesilbeach you deserve a week off and even more!! Working on Sundays it's must be awful.

Anna If you don´t want to continue in college, you made the right decision. It's very difficult to study and attending classes every day if you don't like it. And your folks will understand it.

Athenea Yes! Chile is really far away, that's why I'm a bit sad but I think I have to get used to it. We talk by Skype and I hope we can go there for holidays some year.

Today I went to a book fair and I bought three books, Frankestein by Mary Shelley, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, did you read them? I didn´t but I want to since a long time so I'm happy to finally got them.

Today I went to a book fair and I bought three books, Frankestein by Mary Shelley, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, did you read them? I didn´t but I want to since a long time so I'm happy to finally got them.

Pride and Prejudice has great writing; Brave New World is a good option in the dystopian genre.

Anna, you have to do whats right for YOU when the time is right for YOU. 

That is so awesome, thanks for that :wub:

Anna - what Virginia said. You gotta do what's right for you. I dunno if you know this, but I dropped out of college last January. I too felt like I was letting everyone down, but I would have been letting myself down if I had continued. If you feel like chatting with someone who knows that feel, feel free to message me :)

I went to see Paper Towns! It was as good as could be expected. My biggest concern - that the finesse and depth of the pose could not translate to people running around in front of a camera - proved true. But it was a very fun, hilarious movie which definitely captured the spirit of the novel in a lighter way, so it's a fair companion to the book.

:friends0:  I might take you up on that PM, especially when I feel like a loser later in the semester :rolleyes: I'm glad you got to see Paper Towns, I know you were anxious to see it... the web says it opened in the US at the end of July, but I never heard a thing.  Does that seem right?

Got the kids off to school today. It was, interesting.

Very interesting :lol: Today we thought school was over at 2:30 when it was over at 1:15  :hide:

Anna If you don´t want to continue in college, you made the right decision. It's very difficult to study and attending classes every day if you don't like it. And your folks will understand it.

Thanks for your support, that's nice to say :)  I hope you enjoy your new books, I have always wanted to get to Frankenstein.  I tried Brave New World, but I think its due another try sometime soon :readingtwo:

Edited by Anna Begins

Where has this month gone?  I remember the beginning of it and I seem to have blinked and missed the rest of it.  Annoyingly, I don't really have anything to show for it either.

I feel like my life is on super speed recently and I don't think I've had any time to just sit down and be still.  I think I need to book some time off work so I can catch up on my reading :D

I know Lily! I usually can't wait til the end of August because the heat is oppressive and just seems to slow to the pace of a slug in a vat of molasses. My mind is already trying to prepare for the upcoming season.

Returned back to work today with renewed mind and body. Last week I came down with a nasty crud. I could have been Typhoid Mary or Patti Plague. Ugh. Anyways, I'm better now and plan to stay that way! The weekend was spent recuperating and trying to keep the little ones from catching it.

Got a funny for you. My five year old got up Friday morning (it was still a little dark outside) and pondered why he had to be up so early (to catch the bus). He looked at me with doleful eyes and said, "mom, going to school is like going to work." Yes son, its EXACTLY like going to work!

After working two Sundays in a row, plus a couple of late evenings, I'm off for the rest of the week now!  I've got to take my car to the garage tomorrow, and need to properly clean some of the house as it's been a slap dash job for a while, but apart from that, I'm going into relaxing mode.  I might try and go to the cinema one day, and I really want to make a decent dent in the remaining books on my TBR, which is a single paperback plus ten Kindle books, so looking forward to making some good progress there!

I hope you were able to relax a bit.

Thanks- but I didn't even go :( I am very disappointed my myself. I think I just need to take this semester off. Still, I feel like I've let myself and everyone I know, down.

I hope your appointment goes well and that you can get to more Mistborn soon :)

It will be okay :friends0:. Thanks, it went well :). I'm currently reading the third Mistborn book, The Hero of Ages though I've not really felt like reading anything in the past two days.

I'm sitting here finishing off a lovely piece of chocolate cake that we got for two departing coworkers. I want more. I may get more as I sit here and try to wrap my head around what awaits when I get home, lol. Five kiddies. Hubby goes back to work tonight and I will have to get the boys ready for school tomorrow. If the hubby gets dinner going we may be able to get them all fed and bathed before he leaves for work at 7:30. I hope he can get a little rest before heading out. I foresee it getting a little hairy as we adjust.

I got little sleep last night as my little monster (1 year old) proceeded to kick and beat the bejeezus out of me while sleeping. I swear it feels like I went in the ring with Mike Tyson. The only time she really seems to sleep is when she's in our bed on MY side. We HAVE to come to some kind of understanding.

Five kids, that's a lot! I'm amazed how you manage it.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the movie! I hope to see it some time too, preferably after I read the book.

Got the kids off to school today. It was, interesting. After getting home from work yesterday I had to get their school clothes and lunch ready, along with my stuff. Hubby had fed three of the kids and I fed the remaining two who I'll call "Bonnie and Clyde." We got them showered and ready for some down time. My namesake, aka, Banshee, was ready to party. And she did, up til about 0200 (as far as I can tell, I gave up the ghost before she did). During the night we had one fall off the bed and two up with stuffy noses and congestion and the other kicking the crap out of me. Got up and dressed, then got the boys up. As I was getting their breakfast ready I happened to notice that one of the lunch boxes was missing. I searched and found it in the den, on a recliner, opened. The aluminum foil was void of the peanut butter and jelly sandwich it had contained.

Sometime during my morning constitutional our little Sally woke up and came into our bedroom to tell me good morning and to give me my kiss. She then went back to bed. When I came out of the shower she was laying in our bed beside her sister and papa. I didn't think anything about it. Fast forward to the missing lunch box. The box had been moved AFTER I had made my morning round in the kitchen. Sally had reached up, grabbed the lunch box that she could reach, took it to the chair, sat down, opened it up, removed the sandwich, at the sandwich, left the box in the chair, went back into my bedroom, climbed up on the bed and proceeded to watch Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End, like it was cool.

Sally normally only has a minimal vocabulary early in the morning. It consists of "eat." I should have known that something was amiss when she didn't demand to "eat" first thing this morning.

Sneaky Sally!

Athenea Yes! Chile is really far away, that's why I'm a bit sad but I think I have to get used to it. We talk by Skype and I hope we can go there for holidays some year.

That makes sense :(. There's not much to do though, I'm glad you can Skype at least. I hope you can go there for the holidays!

I hope you enjoy your new books :)! I have two out of three, but I haven't read them yet (I don't tend to read a lot of much older books as I find them more difficult to read).

I feel like my life is on super speed recently and I don't think I've had any time to just sit down and be still. I think I need to book some time off work so I can catch up on my reading :D

I hope you can book some time off and relax :).

Returned back to work today with renewed mind and body. Last week I came down with a nasty crud. I could have been Typhoid Mary or Patti Plague. Ugh. Anyways, I'm better now and plan to stay that way! The weekend was spent recuperating and trying to keep the little ones from catching it.

Got a funny for you. My five year old got up Friday morning (it was still a little dark outside) and pondered why he had to be up so early (to catch the bus). He looked at me with doleful eyes and said, "mom, going to school is like going to work." Yes son, its EXACTLY like going to work!

I'm glad you feel better now. Ha, the five-year-old is very wise :).

I've not been feeling so well the past week. I was coming off medication and I had my period so I was having headaches. I stayed away from the computer for a while and instead read a lot on the sofa and spent some time with Michael (my boyfriend). Yesterday we went shopping and bought my brother a birthday gift. We also bought some things for ourselves, clothes, DVDs and books. We had a lovely lunch out and I really enjoyed spending some time shopping with my boyfriend. We used to do this much more often but because our finances are quite tight nowadays, we can't do so very often. However, because of that we had some money now to go shopping. Oh yes, and I also ordered some books online as a reward for the work I've been doing for my sister. Today I have a lot of catching up to do on emails and other online things (such as this very important forum!).

Hi!!

I can't believe that we are almost in September either!!! I think that one thay I wake up and we will be on Christmas!

Today I have a doctor appointment in the afternoon, I hope I could finish early.

Athenea how nice that you could go with your boyfriend for shopping! I love shopping!!! But my boyfriend doesn´t like it very much.

Virginia kids feel school as work !! jaja when they grow up they will realise that school is much better than going to work.

We also bought some things for ourselves, clothes, DVDs and books.

Have you bought any games per chance? Thinking of it, do you have any board games?

I can't believe that we are almost in September either!!! I think that one thay I wake up and we will be on Christmas!

Christmas and September are the most pleasant periods of the year. I wonder, how do you like your soup?

These past few days I visited Chepstow, Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye. The former is quite pleasant, I'd go there again as I didn't have a chance to visit the castle. The other two are nice as well. And they're always excuse for cake.

First day of student orientations today - our section has to give them IT Workshops and tell them about their student accounts/email/wifi/printing etc. Luckily I didn't have to give any of the workshops this year, as it's not actually my job anymore, but I had to mind the student ambassadors while they did it. Came home with a stress headache, but that went away after a couple hours sleep.

I also got forwarded the job spec for a vacant position with Marketing & Comms in the uni - a woman I worked with on a project this summer from that department had said I should apply, and she sent it on today. I don't think I'm really qualified - I'm going to meet her next week for a chat about it. But if I were somehow to weasel my way into it, it would be a 5 year contract and 28k a year. Which is more financial/job stability than I've ever had in my life, so it would be quite a life-changing job. But we'll see.

Today I have a doctor appointment in the afternoon, I hope I could finish early.

Athenea how nice that you could go with your boyfriend for shopping! I love shopping!!! But my boyfriend doesn´t like it very much.

I hope your appointment went okay. Thanks :)!

Have you bought any games per chance? Thinking of it, do you have any board games?

We bought a video game for my boyfriend, DriveClub for the PS4. Now we just have to wait for the console to arrive next week :P. We also bought a video game for my brother as a birthday gift, since it's his birthday soon. Most of the board games that were mine when I was younger, are with my parents in 'the main house' (my boyfriend and I live in the bakery house that is next to the bigger house where my parents live). I don't think we have any in the bakery, other than a pack of cards. I'm not a big fan of board games to be honest, nor of competitive multiplayer video games, as I prefer to either play alone or to work together with someone rather than against someone.

These past few days I visited Chepstow, Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye. The former is quite pleasant, I'd go there again as I didn't have a chance to visit the castle. The other two are nice as well. And they're always excuse for cake.

Sounds nice!

P.S. I didn't realise it was you at first, Sousa (old name), now that you've got a new name. I did think the avatar looked familiar :P.

First day of student orientations today - our section has to give them IT Workshops and tell them about their student accounts/email/wifi/printing etc. Luckily I didn't have to give any of the workshops this year, as it's not actually my job anymore, but I had to mind the student ambassadors while they did it. Came home with a stress headache, but that went away after a couple hours sleep.

I also got forwarded the job spec for a vacant position with Marketing & Comms in the uni - a woman I worked with on a project this summer from that department had said I should apply, and she sent it on today. I don't think I'm really qualified - I'm going to meet her next week for a chat about it. But if I were somehow to weasel my way into it, it would be a 5 year contract and 28k a year. Which is more financial/job stability than I've ever had in my life, so it would be quite a life-changing job. But we'll see.

I'm sorry to hear about your headache :(. Good luck for that job interview / talk, I hope it will go allright :).

I've done a lot yesterday so today I hope to rest a bit, maybe read a bit later in the day.

We bought a video game for my boyfriend, DriveClub for the PS4. Now we just have to wait for the console to arrive next week :P. We also bought a video game for my brother as a birthday gift, since it's his birthday soon. Most of the board games that were mine when I was younger, are with my parents in 'the main house' (my boyfriend and I live in the bakery house that is next to the bigger house where my parents live). I don't think we have any in the bakery, other than a pack of cards. I'm not a big fan of board games to be honest, nor of competitive multiplayer video games, as I prefer to either play alone or to work together with someone rather than against someone.

Sounds nice!

P.S. I didn't realise it was you at first, Sousa (old name), now that you've got a new name. I did think the avatar looked familiar :P.

Fallout 4 and Metal Gear Solid 5 will be launched soon, they might be awesome single-player games. Yes, it's me, I prefer the silly name x)

Fallout 4 and Metal Gear Solid 5 will be launched soon, they might be awesome single-player games. Yes, it's me, I prefer the silly name x)

Yes :D. He has pre-ordered them, they're exactly the two games he is most interested in at the moment, good guesstimate :).

Nothing wrong with silly names :D.

I swear, I need to start writing my memoirs. Life. Just. Keeps. Happening.

Yesterday I went to the IRS building (tax office that handles federal bleeding taxing of its citizens). I needed to get a transcript for our son's financial aid counselor at his school. Imagine my surprise when I got there and found out that someone from another state had attempted to file taxes using my and my husbands information? Yes, we are evidently the victims of attempted identity theft. Unfortunately for scum, they jokes on them! They won't get very far by using our stuff. Guess we'll now have to go through the process of investigating and clearing it all up. Like I NEEDED one more thing on my paper plate.

I didn't know that kind of thing could happen :(. I don't think it happens a lot over here. I'm sorry for all your troubles, that sounds like a pain to sort out. I'm glad the scum won't get very far, stupid people should butt out of your stuff!

It's my brother's birthday soon. Aside from the gifts we'll give him, my boyfriend will make him some icecream too (he did part of that yesterday).

What a pain, Virginia!  It's a good thing you found out about it now and not later!

Mmm what kind of ice cream, Athena?  :character0104: 

The work week is almost over, yay!  Saturday some friends and I are going out for our monthly 'try a new restaurant' meal, so that'll be fun.  We're going to lunch at a place on a big lake here in the cities so hopefully we'll be able to dine on the patio.  There probably won't be too many of those days left!  

No plans other than that besides boring errands and hopefully some relaxing reading time!

Oh, I'm certain it will be one but I might as well accept it now and keep my nose squarely on my face, in place.

Work has been pretty hectic these last two weeks. We lost one of our interns (returned to school) and the other one never seems to be here. Guess its good that I can do the work on my own and hadn't really depended on them (as they were temporary) so the "extra" work is no shock to the system. I am pretty beat when I get home though and that's when my "second" shift starts with getting the boys ready for school and myself ready for work, cleaning up the afternoon mess, finishing up dinner prep, feeding the little nuggets, bathing the little nuggets and then coaxing myself into the shower before gearing myself up for the Battle of Five Armies at bedtime. Sleep is sweet and blissful!

Mmm what kind of ice cream, Athena?  :character0104: 

The work week is almost over, yay!  Saturday some friends and I are going out for our monthly 'try a new restaurant' meal, so that'll be fun.  We're going to lunch at a place on a big lake here in the cities so hopefully we'll be able to dine on the patio.  There probably won't be too many of those days left!  

No plans other than that besides boring errands and hopefully some relaxing reading time!

Oreo flavoured ice-cream :). We can't buy that flavour here (I think it does exist in other places?), my boyfriend makes it himself. We've only tried making three different flavours so far, mint, apple-cinnamon and Oreo. But I have to admit I'm so fond of the Oreo I don't really want to try out many other flavours as it just tastes so good :blush2:.

I hope you have fun going out for lunch and reading :)!

Work has been pretty hectic these last two weeks. We lost one of our interns (returned to school) and the other one never seems to be here. Guess its good that I can do the work on my own and hadn't really depended on them (as they were temporary) so the "extra" work is no shock to the system. I am pretty beat when I get home though and that's when my "second" shift starts with getting the boys ready for school and myself ready for work, cleaning up the afternoon mess, finishing up dinner prep, feeding the little nuggets, bathing the little nuggets and then coaxing myself into the shower before gearing myself up for the Battle of Five Armies at bedtime. Sleep is sweet and blissful!

I hope your work calms down soon.

My housemates never seem to be in the house in the evenings anymore. I have no idea why, but its great :lol:

I'm glad you're having fun :)!

My brother has returned from the Ardennes and I had a little chat with him. It's his birthday today :). I plan to rest a bit today as I've been having a headache and I've been feeling tired from processing too much input.