Carole Matthews - The Chocolate Lovers' Diet

• 7 months later...

I really enjoyed this book, I thought it was a lot of fun, a very funny and intelligent book as well. The characters are brilliant, you will want to be a member of the club - believe me!

I've read Club but not Diet, which I got from the library and couldn't finish so I took it back. :) Maybe I'll go back to it at a later date. In Club, it bothered me that

Jacob turned out to be the bloke Lucy's friend was hiring - you know all about my pet hate in books now :lol:

but apart from that I enjoyed it. A book? About chocolate? Hell yeah!

Perhaps I was put off by a book with 'diet' in the title? :tong: I think in the end I had too many books on my library card and just couldnt' read them all in time but I can see me going back to this one and giving it another go once I've shrunk Mount TBR a wee bit further.

Prospero - that was the one part of Club that I "tutted" over as I'd seen it coming a mile off, but, like you, I enjoyed the book a whole lot overall - it was some nice, light frippery and exactly what I needed to get me back into reading again. And yes, anything to do with eating lots of delicious chocs is definitely a thumbs-up kinda thing in my books! :)