City of Halves by Lucy Inglis

London. Girls are disappearing. They've all got one thing in common; they just don't know it yet \. Sixteen-year-old Lily was meant to be next, but she's saved by a stranger: a half-human boy with gold-flecked eyes. Regan is from an unseen world hidden within our own, where legendary creatures hide in plain sight. But now both worlds are under threat, and Lily and Regan must race to find the girls, and save their divided city.

This is not so much a review, but some of my thoughts. Overall, I really enjoyed this - Regan could have become rather stereotypical, especially to someone like me who's a bit cynical about romance and male characters in YA, but he was written at just the right level.. ie I ended up with a bit of a crush on him myself, but he wasn't annoying! ;-)

I love the London which Lucy has developed, there were some great ideas and creatures, and having them set in a city I know is always a bonus. However, I did feel that all of these ideas and creatures were rushed, and not developed to their full potential. The story also kicked in rather quickly, I would have liked to have seen a slower build up, with some mystery around Regan and his world. In fact, the more I thought about it, the more I realised that I actually wanted a trilogy or series, which is quite unusual for me. I usually like to see everything rounded up in one book, but in this case, I think Lucy had so much more to share, that I wanted it spread out and developed more.

There were things I wasn't sure about in the book, but also aspects which I loved, but I don't want to give anything away. If anyone else has read this, I'd love to have a spoiler-tagged discussion. :)  

Overall, I would recommend it, especially to those who like the idea of an other London lurking in the shadows, and those who like a fast paced read. I have Crow Mountain by the same author, which I will certainly pick up, and I'm also tempted by her Georgian History book.

Please let me know if you read it, I'd love to know your thoughts.