Competition - Chris Riddell Drawing [Closed]

I've just spent a fantastic weekend at YALC (YA Literature Convention) where Chris Riddell turned up unexpected. He signed some books, and did some drawings. Whilst I was speaking to him, I told him about our anniversary, and asked if he would do a drawing I could give away - and this is what he did...

FullSizeRender.jpg

I was sooo tempted to keep it all to myself, but instead I'm going to post it to one of you - UK only I'm afraid, as I've put it in a frame, and it'll be a bit too fragile to travel too far.

So - this needs to be for members who appreciate how special reaching 10 years of BCF is, so you need to have 100 posts or more to enter. To do so, simply tell me something you love about Chris Riddell, such as your favourite book he's illustrated, or something he's achieved.

I'll leave this running until the end of the month.....

Oh my god.

You are mad for giving this away. Absolutely mad. I can't believe Chris Riddell was there doing drawings!!

I hope all you UK people realise how lucky you are to potentially win a original custom Chris Riddell drawing.

Noll, I have one he did whilst he was chatting to me and Beth, and that's framed and on my bookshelf. I asked him for a drawing I could give away, and that's what I'm doing. :)

Oh that's okay so! :lol: You'll have to show me that one too, I'd love to see it :) So so so so cool.

Hey if you say I can enter I won't complain! (Plus, part of the UK is on my landmass so if it can go there safely I'm sure it can go a bit south! :giggle:)

His illustrations are my favourite in the entire book world because of their intricacy and detail. My introduction to his work was my discovery of Beyond The Deepwoods in a charity shop. The artwork drew my eye and to this day it's the most beautifully illustrated book I own, despite being a scrappy little second-hand copy. I just think his drawings are so full of heart and clear passion for his trade. :)

I ADORE Chris Riddell - he's one of my favourite artists and illustrators! I have all The Edge Chronicles which he did with Paul Stewart, and which I adore and have kept, ostensibly for my boys, but really just because I love looking at the artwork in them. I also love the Ottoline books and The Graveyard Book, which he did with Neil Gaiman. The Barnaby Grimes books (again, with Paul Stewart) are also awesome. I also recently read The Sleeper and the Spindle, a graphic novel collaboration with Gaiman, which was absolutely stunning. I just love, love LOVE his work! <3

Great competition Michelle,  I like both pictures! :) 

What I like about Chris Riddell's illustrations is that they are so different and eye~catching.  My favourite illustrations are from the 10th anniversary edition of 'Coraline' by Neil Gaiman, the illustrations are lovely to look at and really capture the story.

Oh, Oh Oh!! - I adore/worship Chris Riddell too!! :exc: . The Goth Girl series are so witty, and illustrations are so beautiful!!  

His illustrations are my favourite in the entire book world because of their intricacy and detail. My introduction to his work was my discovery of Beyond The Deepwoods in a charity shop. The artwork drew my eye and to this day it's the most beautifully illustrated book I own, despite being a scrappy little second-hand copy. I just think his drawings are so full of heart and clear passion for his trade. :)

Beautifully described his work, by you Noll!!   :flowers2: His illustrations are so wonderful  :wub:

I have a photocopy for myself - obviously it's not quite the same, but it's a memory I wanted. The issue would be packaging it safely and the posting costs. However, I'm happy to scan it, and send a copy to all the entrants if they want a copy. 

I love that Chris Riddell is the current Children's Laureate in the UK.  It's become such a valuable role in the promotion of books and reading for children of all ages, and Chris has said he is dedicating his laureateship to championing creativity and, in particular, to visual literacy.  He posts a new sketch everyday on his Tumblr blog too. :)http://chrisriddellblog.tumblr.com

I have a photocopy for myself - obviously it's not quite the same, but it's a memory I wanted. The issue would be packaging it safely and the posting costs. However, I'm happy to scan it, and send a copy to all the entrants if they want a copy.

I would like that too :)!