Hello, hope to get to know some of you

Anna Faversham

We all were the new person once, so don't worry :). I've been on the forum for two and a half years, less than most of our other members. I feel completely at home now though. I hope you enjoy it here!

Thank you also to Athena for your reassuring words. It's good to know I won't get my pigtails pulled. Anyone else remember those days? Well, I guess the guys won't.

I do! When I was a child there was this boy, he would pull my hair a lot. His name was Sam or Sammy, I never spent much time with him, he was a classmate, but for some reason he seemed to enjoy to pull my hair. It hurt, too!

Thanks for your welcome, Little Pixie. :22:

And thanks for the recommendation. I haven't read the book but I followed your link and it does look good!

Hee, you`re welcome. BTW, no-one sends the boys round if you don`t read a recommendation.  :giggle2:

Phew! I have a long TBR list and I've just commented on another thread which asks how long do we take to read a book. In short - ages! I need to try harder because I've promised myself I'll read more books this year. There are so many good ones out there. I'd never even heard of the one you recommended nor the author. Tragic.

Anyway :thankyousigna2:

Phew! I have a long TBR list and I've just commented on another thread which asks how long do we take to read a book. In short - ages! I need to try harder because I've promised myself I'll read more books this year. There are so many good ones out there. I'd never even heard of the one you recommended nor the author. Tragic.

Anyway :thankyousigna2:

Dipping your toe into BCF can really change the way you think about reading and books. I remember it really did for me. I discovered loads of new authors. I am ashamed now that some famous authors I was completely ignorant of. But the great thing is there is no right or wrong. It's your own personal reading journey. But there will always be someone here who will have read the same book

I had imagined that once my children were off hand, I'd spend sunny (haha) weekends sitting in the garden reading all the great books that I've never had the time for. But time rampages on, and I still have not read anywhere near as many as I want to. Although I do listen to audiobooks a lot. The trouble is, I spend any spare time I have writing!  My first book was a time travel book and yet I'd never heard of Little Pixie's recommended successful author. I mention this to you Vodkafan because I see you are writing your first novel - watch out - it will take you over!

• 2 weeks later...