Dinner party menu

I've having a "random" dinner party next week (I've basically invited some friends and asked them to rbing a "random"), and I'm a little stuck on a menu. I'd like to have as much stuff as possible prepared the night before, ready to bung in the oven. What I've come up with so far is:

Canapes:

1. Little itty bitty teeny tiny Yorkshire puddings with (sprigs of?) thyme and a small sliver of seared roast beef on top

Make these in tiny muffin trays and drizzle a little bit of gravy over top with a squeezy bottle

That all sounds absolutely gorgeous! Especially the tartiflette - I adore tartiflette! Actually, I think I might have to make some this weekend once I get hold of some cream cheese...

I think your dinner party is bound to go down well - you'll be inundated with compliments with all that delicious-sounding fare!

My girlfriend does a charity dinner thingy once a year. It works quite well as a theme (she collects money for South African kids as she spent a load of years there).

What you do is cook and serve wine, and get all the guests to pay into the charity what they think your meal should have cost in a restaurant.

It's also a good way of seeing quite how tight and stingy the wallets of your friends are.

If you're trying to find a theme related to the food... I can't see much of a common theme other than that I want to eat it all.

I like "bring your second best bottle" dinners, too.

Everyone stores wine away "to drink on a special occasion". Except, the wine becomes too special and never gets drunk. So (and allowing that some people will have really silly good bottles in their wine racks), invote everyone to come round with their second best bottles which they would otherwise not open until the bottle had got tired and watery or acidic, and have an evening drinking lovely wine.

Canapes:

1. Little itty bitty teeny tiny Yorkshire puddings with (sprigs of?) thyme and a small sliver of seared roast beef on top

Make these in tiny muffin trays and drizzle a little bit of gravy over top with a squeezy bottle