Athena

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi!

I'm come back since a long time without being around.

I'm finished my degree last month and now I'm studying English because I want the Advanced certification. If you see some mistakes don't hesitate to correct me.

Athenea your weekend was great!! It's really nice to spend time with family.

My weekend was really relaex, I watched Interestellar on Saturday and yestarday I stayed in home.

Congratulations on finishing your degree!! Well done :). I'm glad you had a nice weekend, too.

I'm home from work early due to a migraine, and now I'm trying to watch an episode of The Forsyte Saga. No reading for me until I can bear to focus on the small type. :/

I went blueberry picking this morning. Picked 4 pounds and will split them 3 ways. Will give some to my son and some to my neighbor (they have 2 little girls that like blueberries).

That is so nice :)

Sousa I studied Graphic Design

That's pretty interesting :). I hope your English studies go well too.

I'm home from work early due to a migraine, and now I'm trying to watch an episode of The Forsyte Saga. No reading for me until I can bear to focus on the small type. :/

Awww :( I hope you feel better soon. My aunt has migrains often, they can be pretty terrible.

Yesterday I organised a lot of administrative files during my appointment with my ambulante hulp (who is helping me with things in the household), and I was pretty exhausted from that. Not the act of organising the files and letters per se, but the fact that I had to organise something (she said so), whilst being asked a question every minute (by her). By the time I was concentrated again on what I was doing, there was another question, and another... Where do you want this, can that be thrown away.. Good grief! I kept telling her, I need to think about it, I need to read the letter to see if I need it later on or not. I was constantly busy processing the input, lagging behind, that it wasn't until later in the appointment that I was able to think and speak up about my tiredness. I was glad when it was over. I sorted out the rest on my own after it, that was a lot less tiring. I should've just done it on my own. This was the last appointment with her for a while, and immediately after it, it felt like I had made the right decision in stopping with the appointments.

So today I hope to rest a bit, because doing more than one thing at once really tires me. I feel pretty tired so I hope I can rest a bit from it today, maybe do some reading later today if I feel up for it.

I went blueberry picking this morning. Picked 4 pounds and will split them 3 ways. Will give some to my son and some to my neighbor (they have 2 little girls that like blueberries).

Will you make me some blueberry muffins :lol:

I hope your migraine has gone away!

Yesterday I organised a lot of administrative files during my appointment with my ambulante hulp (who is helping me with things in the household), and I was pretty exhausted from that. Not the act of organising the files and letters per se, but the fact that I had to organise something (she said so), whilst being asked a question every minute (by her). By the time I was concentrated again on what I was doing, there was another question, and another... Where do you want this, can that be thrown away.. Good grief! I kept telling her, I need to think about it, I need to read the letter to see if I need it later on or not. I was constantly busy processing the input, lagging behind, that it wasn't until later in the appointment that I was able to think and speak up about my tiredness. I was glad when it was over. I sorted out the rest on my own after it, that was a lot less tiring. I should've just done it on my own.

Yikes, that sounds painful. Too many cooks, as they say. It's a common problem where I work that there aren't enough people to do the work, but if they got anyone new, there'd be no time to train them up so they wouldn't be able to help anyway.

My work laptop has been giving me trouble the last few days (can't remember if I mentioned that or not), but hopefully it's fixed (or close enough) now. If not, its gonna have to be wiped and have the OS reinstalled. I'm taking it home with me this evening to hopefully have my first day working from home tomorrow. Using the laptop during the day here at work today to see if it works happily enough all day.

I'm working on a project for my director that I kind of hate. He's full of ideas but little practicality and I'm being given buzzwords from which to create a video. But he's not in this week, so I'm gonna just try to put together a basic structure and intended flow for the content, and hopefully we can work on the content at a later stage.

I have had a dull headache for a couple of days now, because its so humid, which hasn't been helping my mood much (on top of all of the above), so I've been pretty grumpy.

On the upside, I got on that jobs panel I was interviewing/testing for over the last few weeks, so that's good. I'm now a minion-for-hire around the university for the next three years, so hopefully once my current contract ends I won't be out of work for too long before something comes up.

Nollaig - congrats on the job panel hire. Hopefully it will work out well for you.

As for the blueberry muffins, sorry, I only bake cornbread. :)

Ya, but do you make chili with it?? :)

Woohoo Noll!

Nollaig - congrats on the job panel hire. Hopefully it will work out well for you.

As for the blueberry muffins, sorry, I only bake cornbread. :)

:( But... but... Give me blueberries and I'll make muffins :)

Ya, but do you make chili with it?? :)

Woohoo Noll!

Also I'd like to clarify a poorly puntuated sentence in my previous post - I kind of hate the project I'm doing for my director (who is lovely and gave me my job), I don't hate my director! :lol:

Its a 2 cuppa (coffee that is) day. I didn't get much sleep last night as my legs were bothering me and the more I tried to relax the harder it became to doze off. I ended up taking a pm medication (pain/sleep) at about 0100. I would normally have taken it earlier but didn't. Anyway, I'm paying the price today.

Hubby came home at 0400. Bless him, he had a neurology appointment at the Veterans hospital this morning at 0900 but he had to get up at 0600 as the appointment was 1.5 hours away. He's so tired and still has to drive home. DS dropped me off at work as hubby had the truck. He'll pick me up today also. I think we'll all have an early night. On a great note, hubby will be home for good next Wednesday morning!!!! Finally we can stop living in limbo. He brought all his non essentials home and it was good to see them. When he comes home for good, this will be the first time since I've started working that we've been under the same roof. I'll have to get back into the routine of us being under the same roof again. I don't care, I'm just glad to have him home again!

Today was a nice day here, it was sunny so I went to the beach with some friends. Although it was a bit windy we had a good time together!

Virginia I hope you can rest tonight!

Nollaig good luck with that boring project!!! Of course your director is a good person jejeje.

I hope I can read tonight without falling asleep after two pages, because I'm a bit tired, we will see

:( But... but... Give me blueberries and I'll make muffins :)

Also I'd like to clarify a poorly puntuated sentence in my previous post - I kind of hate the project I'm doing for my director (who is lovely and gave me my job), I don't hate my director! :lol:

I would be happy to share the blueberries with you. Will you share the muffins. :)

I'm working on a project for my director that I kind of hate. He's full of ideas but little practicality and I'm being given buzzwords from which to create a video. But he's not in this week, so I'm gonna just try to put together a basic structure and intended flow for the content, and hopefully we can work on the content at a later stage.

I have had a dull headache for a couple of days now, because its so humid, which hasn't been helping my mood much (on top of all of the above), so I've been pretty grumpy.

On the upside, I got on that jobs panel I was interviewing/testing for over the last few weeks, so that's good. I'm now a minion-for-hire around the university for the next three years, so hopefully once my current contract ends I won't be out of work for too long before something comes up.

Good luck with the project! Congratulations on being hired for the jobs panel :D

Hubby came home at 0400. Bless him, he had a neurology appointment at the Veterans hospital this morning at 0900 but he had to get up at 0600 as the appointment was 1.5 hours away. He's so tired and still has to drive home. DS dropped me off at work as hubby had the truck. He'll pick me up today also. I think we'll all have an early night. On a great note, hubby will be home for good next Wednesday morning!!!! Finally we can stop living in limbo. He brought all his non essentials home and it was good to see them. When he comes home for good, this will be the first time since I've started working that we've been under the same roof. I'll have to get back into the routine of us being under the same roof again. I don't care, I'm just glad to have him home again!

It'll be so nice for you to have your husband home, I wish the both of you a happy time together :)!

Today was a nice day here, it was sunny so I went to the beach with some friends. Although it was a bit windy we had a good time together!

(...)

I hope I can read tonight without falling asleep after two pages, because I'm a bit tired, we will see

I'm glad you had a nice day and I hope you feel less tired soon!

I spent a lot of time reading yesterday, which was a lot of fun. I was able to rest and relax a bit. Today there's a big thing to do, you'll see later on though.

I would be happy to share the blueberries with you. Will you share the muffins. :)

Of course! :chef:

Wednesday, halfway through the week. My aim is to get as much done with this project today as possible, so I can have extra time to myself when I start working from home (hopefully tomorrow if the bleeding laptop gets sorted! Has to be completely wiped and the OS reinstalled! :hissyfit: )

Wednesday, halfway through the week. My aim is to get as much done with this project today as possible, so I can have extra time to myself when I start working from home (hopefully tomorrow if the bleeding laptop gets sorted! Has to be completely wiped and the OS reinstalled! :hissyfit: )

Good luck! It's such a hassle when a computer or laptop isn't working and you have to redo everything :banghead:. I hope you can get it sorted!

I'm on the internet searching for affordable childcare. Looks like the littles will be moving back in. We don't mind, I'm more settled in my mind when they are close by. Childcare cost are prohibitive though! Time to step up the plans I was making for the autumn/winter.

Congrats on the job panel hire, Noll!  I'm very glad it worked out for you :D

Great news about your husband being at home for good, Virginia!  And I hope he's okay since he had a neurology appt?

It's the middle of yet another busy week for me.  Every night after I work I'm either at the gym , running various errands or cleaning around the house.  My family is coming this weekend for a month-long visit and I can't wait!  Especially since I'll be able to spend half of it with them at the cabin when I go on my 2 week vacation  :cool: 

I'm on the internet searching for affordable childcare. Looks like the littles will be moving back in. We don't mind, I'm more settled in my mind when they are close by. Childcare cost are prohibitive though! Time to step up the plans I was making for the autumn/winter.

Very nice of you to take care of the little ones. I hope you have a nice time. I agree, from what I've heard, childcare is expensive here too.

It's the middle of yet another busy week for me.  Every night after I work I'm either at the gym , running various errands or cleaning around the house.  My family is coming this weekend for a month-long visit and I can't wait!  Especially since I'll be able to spend half of it with them at the cabin when I go on my 2 week vacation  :cool: 

I hope you have a lot of fun with your family :)!

I have a phone appointment with the ADD nurse today, since my psychiatrist is on holiday. I'm pretty tired from the weekend and the past few days, so I hope I can rest a bit.

Tomorrow is friday!!!! the last day of the week!!!

I'm a bit sad these days because I'm studying for the Advanced Certification in English and I want to go to the exam in August but I can't because I need to study more, I get a 50% in the exams and the minimun to pass it's a 60%, so I posponed it until October.

Athenea I hope you will can rest the next weekend!!

I'm on an enforced vacation until Tuesday, so lots of doing nothing for me. I'll play with my quilt material, read, walk and nap. Picked up my medication first thing and renewed a few library items so I'm now homebound. Its nice enough outside to sit on the patio and soak up some sun, just what I need.

Edited by Virginia

Had a bit of a rough day yesterday, but fortunately today's been better so far!  Having a lazy day today as I've got to work tomorrow, so need to have a rest during the weekend I do have … well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :D  Just spent a couple of hours trying to sort out my phone as podcasts and audiobooks had stopped copying across, so that's been really annoying, but it seems to finally be working now, so hopefully that'll be the end of it. :irked:

Just downloaded the study guide to my history final, which will be next Monday.

:thud:

I am astonished to realize everything looks pretty easy.  That's why I am now worried!

I'm a bit sad these days because I'm studying for the Advanced Certification in English and I want to go to the exam in August but I can't because I need to study more, I get a 50% in the exams and the minimun to pass it's a 60%, so I posponed it until October.

Good luck with the exam in October :)!

I'm on an enforced vacation until Tuesday, so lots of doing nothing for me. I'll play with my quilt material, read, walk and nap. Picked up my medication first thing and renewed a few library items so I'm now homebound. Its nice enough outside to sit on the patio and soak up some sun, just what I need.

I hope you have some relaxing time :).

Had a bit of a rough day yesterday, but fortunately today's been better so far!  Having a lazy day today as I've got to work tomorrow, so need to have a rest during the weekend I do have … well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :D  Just spent a couple of hours trying to sort out my phone as podcasts and audiobooks had stopped copying across, so that's been really annoying, but it seems to finally be working now, so hopefully that'll be the end of it. :irked:

I hope you had a nice lazy day and that your phone will keep working :)!

Just downloaded the study guide to my history final, which will be next Monday.

:thud:

I am astonished to realize everything looks pretty easy.  That's why I am now worried!

I hope it will be fine :friends0:.

I've had a busy weekend, more than I was expecting. I spent a lot of time with my family, and we went to the city. I handed in my library loans and we went into a few shops. Then we drove to a somewhat big supermarket and got some nice things there (it's cheaper than the one we normally go to, but I can't go there every week). Yesterday my dad had the idea of buying a new watch, so Michael and I went with my parents to Eindhoven. While they looked for the watch we went into other shops. It is unusual for shops to be open on a Sunday but in Eindhoven it seems a lot of shops are open for part of the day, so that was good.

I'm pretty tired now, since there were a lot of people in the shops on both Saturday and Sunday. So I plan to rest a bit in the coming days. We have been invited to go out for dinner in a few days, by my parents, so I look forward to that (it will probably be busy too though :P). Then there's a library sale coming up which I'm excited for, and later on I'll be picking some new library loans too. I also have another phone appointment this week.

The weather was pretty good on Saturday so I also spent some time outside, in the sun, talking with my parents. It's cloudy at the moment but the temperature is pleasant.