What's Up in July? - 2015

Athena

We're already in the second half of 2015!

Today it's going to be quite hot here, my parents are taking the afternoon off work and we'll be having a lovely family dinner outside.

What's going on in your life in July?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's see...I have a 3-day weekend coming up for the 4th of July, and BF and I are planning to set off fireworks with our nephew. Other than that, I have an audit to prep for at work, books to read, and summer heat to escape from!

I hope you have fun :)! Here it's pretty hot, so I plan to take it slow. I hope to read a lot on Fri-Sat-Sun. We'll see though how it goes as I haven't really been in a reading mood. I haven't really felt like doing much of anything to be honest. I'm dreading my dentist visit next week. I'm also going to see my psychiatrist and after that I will have to go to the pharmacy soon as I don't have much medication left.

Happy July!

Today is my Friday since I'm off tomorrow for the Independence Day holiday.  Tomorrow morning me and a couple of friends will be taking a day trip and driving south along the Mississippi River on the Wisconsin side down to Lake Pepin.  There's a cidery/winery along the way and we'll be stopping at some little towns and eating dinner on the lake.  Should be fun! 

Saturday I'll be watching fireworks somewhere, either nearby or down in the city. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend ahead of them :D.

Fireworks (except for the big displays) are banned in my area, so we will see ours from a park, maybe a desert picnic.  Before that, a barbecue of hamburgers and hot dogs and a breakfast of blueberry pancakes!

I have a HUGE final to study for though, and I want to do the read a thon, so...

I've got a nice chunk of time off work coming up which coincides nicely with the Tour de France. I'm also going away to Budapest and Vienna for a while as well which I am really looking forward to.

Today is my Friday since I'm off tomorrow for the Independence Day holiday.  Tomorrow morning me and a couple of friends will be taking a day trip and driving south along the Mississippi River on the Wisconsin side down to Lake Pepin.  There's a cidery/winery along the way and we'll be stopping at some little towns and eating dinner on the lake.  Should be fun! 

Saturday I'll be watching fireworks somewhere, either nearby or down in the city. 

I wish you a great weekend :D!

Fireworks (except for the big displays) are banned in my area, so we will see ours from a park, maybe a desert picnic.  Before that, a barbecue of hamburgers and hot dogs and a breakfast of blueberry pancakes!

I have a HUGE final to study for though, and I want to do the read a thon, so...

Good luck studying :)! I hope you have fun watching the fireworks and having nice food, and with the read-a-thon.

I've got a nice chunk of time off work coming up which coincides nicely with the Tour de France. I'm also going away to Budapest and Vienna for a while as well which I am really looking forward to.

I hope you have fun watching the Tour de France (it starts off in Utrecht this year, my mum works there), and I hope you have fun on your holidays :)!

I hope to read a lot this weekend (because of the read-a-thon), I don't have a lot of other special plans. I hope to spend some time with Michael and my parents, and that we don't get too warm as the temperatures here are high.

Got a couple of days off next week so that we can make a start on the Shaun In The City trail around Bristol before the kids break up for school! :D

That is so neat :D!

It's pretty warm here, so we try to keep cool. My parents are doing a sort of Tesla rally today. I plan to do a lot of reading (for the read-a-thon). Michael and I might play a game later, too.

I had yesterday off, so my weekend started Thursday evening with dinner out at an American food place (had barbecue chicken and mississippi mud pie!) followed by a Penneys (Primark) shopping spree, during which I bought quite a few practical things (tights, facecloths, socks, a top for my upcoming interview) but also some unnecessary stuff (new bedsheets, string of lights for one of my bookshelves, some scarves). It was lovely.

I'm taking it fairly easy this weekend as my plans for it fell through. I spent a few hours yesterday tidying my room, and while it's not quite finished and I have some bags of rubbish to go out, it looks SO much better, and it so much more comfy to be in!

I've just hung out a wash, I've had my shower, and it's not even 10:30, so I'm doing well today (compared with usual Saturdays!) Gonna run up to the shop shortly and buy some foody things. Most of my day today (and my weekend, I think) is going to be dedicated to the forum monthly readathon, so lots of reading.

It's also my friend's birthday today, and I drew her some wonky pandas on a swingset, based off her wonky doodle of some pandas she did at work. She loved it, although I think anyone else who sees it is going to think I'm mad and can't draw! :lol:

It sounds like you've having a great weekend, Noll :)!

Yesterday it was so hot here I decided to swim (I don't often do that because it is a lot of input for me), which was really nice. The hot weather has been making me feel so slow, so aside from doing all the necessary chores, I don't feel like doing a whole lot. I hope to do some reading later today though.

I haven't had to put a book in a backpack for a couple of decades, Sousa, so I'm not sure of the secret!  Is it a hard cover or soft cover?

I had a busy holiday weekend which of course made it fly by.  The mini road trip I took on Friday with my friends was a blast and the weather was perfect.  We revisited the site of Laura Ingalls Wilder's birthplace in Pepin, WI and sat in the replica 'Little House in the Big Woods' that they have there.  We also shopped at little places along the river and wandered around a lot.  

The fireworks were extra loud this year and my cat wasn't too thrilled with it all.  This is the first 4th of July holiday that I've had him so I'll have to remember that for the years to follow.  Poor Odin! :lol:

My car is making suspicious noises so I'm back to the garage with it this afternoon.  Hopefully it doesn't result in more repairs! 

Have a great week everyone! :D

I had a fairly busy 4th of July weekend. My mom drove down from Virginia and then we drove to Georgia to pick up my grandkids. It was a 2.5 hour drive, not to bad. About 10 minutes from home the baby decided that she didn't like the milk INSIDE of her, so she brought it on the outside. Lovely. Called hubby (who made a surprise visit) and had him run bath water. Once we arrived, we handed the kids over to him so we could run out and pick up some necessities for the little ones. Got home and finished bathing all of them, got them fed and let them play for a few hours before tossing them into bed. Hubby left out just after 12 am. I spent the next 3 hours trying to convince my ll month old namesake that there really WASN'T a party going on and that everyone else was asleep. Honestly, I don't think she cared. In the end, I put her in her play pen, let her party/fuss until she fell asleep. I think she outlasted me.

Saturday was spent getting more things for the kids as mom was taking the three boys back to Virginia with her. The parents have yet to master the art of packing even when given two weeks notice. I'll just start back to keeping things at my house. Sunday we parted ways, mom and the boys to Virginia and me and the baby girls back to Georgia. I made the lonely ride back to South Carolina. DS was preparing to go visit his other grandmom so it was just me and the dog. It'll be just me and the dog for the rest of the week.

Lots of people from work are on vacation, including my boss. I feel pretty good that he felt confident enough to take it with me only being here just two months. But honestly, it feel like I've been here so much longer, but not in a bad way. I feel like I fit in. His absence means I've got a lot more to do. We have two interns and one left early to take her puppy to the vet and the other just called to say his truck was broken into so he'd be late. I don't feel panicky though. Its just one of those days when you find you're the only one there who can get stuff done.

Have a great day/night/morning!

I'm having a grumpy day today. *grump*

:console:

I had my American history midterm today.  *Whew* glad that is over!  All the studying I did over the holiday really helped and I was done in about 90 minutes out of 120.

Also in a desperate attempt to get some life into my life :P I have started embroidering again and plan on taking a knitting course.  Plans to join the book club is still a goal too! 

I had a busy holiday weekend which of course made it fly by.  The mini road trip I took on Friday with my friends was a blast and the weather was perfect.  We revisited the site of Laura Ingalls Wilder's birthplace in Pepin, WI and sat in the replica 'Little House in the Big Woods' that they have there.  We also shopped at little places along the river and wandered around a lot.  

The fireworks were extra loud this year and my cat wasn't too thrilled with it all.  This is the first 4th of July holiday that I've had him so I'll have to remember that for the years to follow.  Poor Odin! :lol:

My car is making suspicious noises so I'm back to the garage with it this afternoon.  Hopefully it doesn't result in more repairs! 

I'm glad you had a great weekend :)! I hope your car won't need a lot of extra repairs.

The books are soft cover. About half my books are damaged by backpack, the other half I'm still to read.

I had this problem sometimes too, when I traveled to and from university and when I was in secondary school. I've never really found a solution, though it happened less often than half the time. I tried to stick the book (for reading) near or between my heavier university and secondary school textbooks. 

I had a fairly busy 4th of July weekend. My mom drove down from Virginia and then we drove to Georgia to pick up my grandkids. It was a 2.5 hour drive, not to bad. About 10 minutes from home the baby decided that she didn't like the milk INSIDE of her, so she brought it on the outside. Lovely. Called hubby (who made a surprise visit) and had him run bath water. Once we arrived, we handed the kids over to him so we could run out and pick up some necessities for the little ones. Got home and finished bathing all of them, got them fed and let them play for a few hours before tossing them into bed. Hubby left out just after 12 am. I spent the next 3 hours trying to convince my ll month old namesake that there really WASN'T a party going on and that everyone else was asleep. Honestly, I don't think she cared. In the end, I put her in her play pen, let her party/fuss until she fell asleep. I think she outlasted me.

Saturday was spent getting more things for the kids as mom was taking the three boys back to Virginia with her. The parents have yet to master the art of packing even when given two weeks notice. I'll just start back to keeping things at my house. Sunday we parted ways, mom and the boys to Virginia and me and the baby girls back to Georgia. I made the lonely ride back to South Carolina. DS was preparing to go visit his other grandmom so it was just me and the dog. It'll be just me and the dog for the rest of the week.

Lots of people from work are on vacation, including my boss. I feel pretty good that he felt confident enough to take it with me only being here just two months. But honestly, it feel like I've been here so much longer, but not in a bad way. I feel like I fit in. His absence means I've got a lot more to do. We have two interns and one left early to take her puppy to the vet and the other just called to say his truck was broken into so he'd be late. I don't feel panicky though. Its just one of those days when you find you're the only one there who can get stuff done.

Have a great day/night/morning!

Wow, that sounds like a busy weekend! I'm glad you enjoyed your time and that you enjoy your work :).

I'm having a grumpy day today. *grump*

Awwww :(

I had my American history midterm today.  *Whew* glad that is over!  All the studying I did over the holiday really helped and I was done in about 90 minutes out of 120.

Also in a desperate attempt to get some life into my life :P I have started embroidering again and plan on taking a knitting course.  Plans to join the book club is still a goal too!

Well done on the midterm! I hope you will get a great result :). Good luck with the embroidery and the knitting, and I hope you get to go to that book club.

I've got several appointments coming up, with my psychiatrist and with my dentist (brrr :hide:), and I need to go to the pharmacy very soon.

Well done on the midterm! I hope you will get a great result :). Good luck with the embroidery and the knitting, and I hope you get to go to that book club.

I've got several appointments coming up, with my psychiatrist and with my dentist (brrr :hide:), and I need to go to the pharmacy very soon.

Thanks!  We will see in the next few days about the midterm... just how I did. 

I knitted for HOURS tonight, my hands even ache lol  I am having trouble with "the knit stich" :banghead: The embroidery is going well though the needle hurts my fingers as I push it through.  The pillow case pattern is butterflies and flowers, the butterflies will be blue :)

I knitted for HOURS tonight, my hands even ache lol  I am having trouble with "the knit stich" :banghead: The embroidery is going well though the needle hurts my fingers as I push it through.  The pillow case pattern is butterflies and flowers, the butterflies will be blue :)

It sounds so pretty :)!

I'm pretty tired now from my appointment and going to the pharmacy, so I plan to try and rest this afternoon. Then tomorrow, I have to go to the dentist :hide:.

Edited by Athena

I received an email from my niece today. She sent me a photo that they took last evening of a bear cub that came out of the woods and was drinking all the nectar from their hummingbird feeder. After drinking all the liquid from the hummingbird feeder it went over to the regular bird feeders. My niece's husband then went outside and chased the bear cub away.

post-3652-0-55911800-1436290666_thumb.jpg

Oh my god a real bear! :thud: I can't imagine living anywhere that has dangerous animals roaming around. (The most danger you're in in Ireland is from particularly vicious wasps!) It's so cute, but also scary! :lurker: