Your Book Activity - July 2015

Kylie

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Wuthering Heights today.  Terrific.  :)

Does anyone have a Penguin paperback version and if so, could you please tell me the ISBN and number of pages?  Thanks in advance.  :)

My copy is in a box somewhere so I can't look it up, but you can get it on the Penguin Classics site - http://www.penguinclassics.co.uk/books/wuthering-heights/9780141439556/

I just started reading 'Cooking with Bones' by Jess Richards,  I really enjoyed her first book, 'Snake Ropes' too.  :readingtwo:

My copy is in a box somewhere so I can't look it up, but you can get it on the Penguin Classics site - http://www.penguinclassics.co.uk/books/wuthering-heights/9780141439556/

Thanks - I'd already looked there but they vary between 384 and 416 on there.  My Kindle edition says 233 on the screen but the download of the book says 625 and Goodreads says 621 - and obviously the ISBNs vary, so I'd like it from an actual physical Penguin book if possible.  :)

Or Human Traces...  :P

Nice try :D But I'm trying to read my library loans and get them back to where they belong before me eventual move... :unsure: I don't want to be reading any books that I probably will end up loving and keeping. I'm all about reducing the stack of library books or at least the TBR books I know I probably won't like as much and therefore can give away after reading. 

Found it!

My edition is from 1985

ISBN is 0140430016

Contents page says:

Introduction 7

Biographical notice of Ellis and Acton Bell 30

Editor Preface to the new 1850 Edition 37

Wuthering Heights 45

Notes 369

Bibliography 373

The last page of the story is on page 367

Nice try :D But I'm trying to read my library loans and get them back to where they belong before me eventual move... :unsure: I don't want to be reading any books that I probably will end up loving and keeping. I'm all about reducing the stack of library books or at least the TBR books I know I probably won't like as much and therefore can give away after reading.

Always the excuses!! :(:D

I still have this! Sari and I need to read it together! :)

Oh yeah we do!!!! :smile2: 

Always the excuses!! :(:D

:lol::blush: It's also a case of me not being able to rely on my mojo... All I can read are very easy reads, thriller stuff. I really want to read and love both Phantom Tollbooth and Human Traces and therefore wouldn't really want to get to them now because I know I'd not be able to enjoy them as I know I could! It's the move hassle :rolleyes: I'm sure you guys understand and are just hassling me for a bit of fun :D 

Been away with work for the last couple of weeks but managed to finish off Middlemarch and read The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes - my last collection of the Sherlock short stories. Just two of the novels left for me now. 

Genuinely had no idea what to read next so let the box pick and it has selected When I Found You by Catherine Ryan Hyde. Time to find out what all this fuss is about! ;)

Genuinely had no idea what to read next so let the box pick and it has selected When I Found You by Catherine Ryan Hyde. Time to find out what all this fuss is about! ;)

I haven't read that one yet, but I hope you enjoy it :)!

I'm reading Ned Vizzini - It's Kind of a Funny Story, it's quite interesting and good, but it's also sad in places. I like it, but I haven't been reading in it as much because I've been busy. I've also been reading bits of various reference books, such as 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die.

:yahoo:   That was my first one of hers, I hope you like it  :wub:

I now have 25% left in Philippa Gregory's The White Queen and am eagerly looking forward to the next one, The Red Queen.  (Just FYI, she will be out with a new book at the end of August, The Taming of the Queen, about Katherine Parr)  BBC History Magazine, which I read every month, looks good too, I hope to get it in the next few days.

I started reading Tinseltown: Murder, Morphine, and Madness at the Dawn of Hollywood by William J. Mann. I've been intimidated by its size but because I need to return it to the library in a week I thought I must give it a go now. And it's been very readable! :smile2: Very interesting, too. 

I'm reading Ned Vizzini - It's Kind of a Funny Story, it's quite interesting and good, but it's also sad in places. I like it, but I haven't been reading in it as much because I've been busy. I've also been reading bits of various reference books, such as 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die.

I loved that book, read it after watching the film and thought both were great. The author wrote it about his own struggle with depression - a struggle I am sorry to say, he lost two years.