Tennis

supergran71

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a shame he has had to pull out....kinda opens the door for a different final though...fingers crossed!!:she:

I quite like the look of Jo-Wilfried Tsonga this year and I hope Andy Roddick does well, too.

I'd also like to see Federer beat Sampras' record but don't think he will. Not yet, anyway.

Kinda sad that Rafa didn't win the French Open and will not be participating in Wimbledon this year. The disappointment of these recent two grand slams has really overshadowed his accomplishment at the Australian Open earlier this year. People really thought he had the French Open in the bag before the clay court season had started since he had already won that last four.

I would like to see Ana Ivanovic back on top. I think she is a great tennis player. She had a rough run as No.1 last year, and this year she's been getting knocked out of major tournaments earlier than what she has been use to for awhile.

Kinda sad that Rafa didn't win the French Open and will not be participating in Wimbledon this year. The disappointment of these recent two grand slams has really overshadowed his accomplishment at the Australian Open earlier this year. People really thought he had the French Open in the bag before the clay court season had started since he had already won that last four.

I would like to see Ana Ivanovic back on top. I think she is a great tennis player. She had a rough run as No.1 last year, and this year she's been getting knocked out of major tournaments earlier than what she has been use to for awhile.

Yeah, Wimbeldon will definately be missing something without Rafa this year. Still, I'm looking forward to it, Wimbeldon is always cool.

I don't follow womens tennis anywhere near as closely as the men, but I don't think Ana looks fully fit. I think she has had some injury problems over the last 12 months and hasn't managed to get back into her best shape yet. In the one match I watched of hers at the French her mobility just didn't seem good enough.

Yes, it's very sad with Rafa's withdrawal. But then I wasn't AS disappointed as I was when he lost RG because I saw it coming, of course. I guess everyone did, but I was just in denial. :she: Wimby is not the same without Rafa, of course. It was the same with RG too. Hopefully he'll be nice and fit for USO right?

How many grand slams does RF have now? 15 was it? Nah nah, 14... Okay, I dunno.

Yes, it's very sad with Rafa's withdrawal. But then I wasn't AS disappointed as I was when he lost RG because I saw it coming, of course. I guess everyone did, but I was just in denial. :she: Wimby is not the same without Rafa, of course. It was the same with RG too. Hopefully he'll be nice and fit for USO right?

How many grand slams does RF have now? 15 was it? Nah nah, 14... Okay, I dunno.

RG was his 14th I believe and saw him equal the record. He is shooting to set his own at Wimbeldon.

No Rafa at Wimbledon this year. Shame, as I would like to have seen another Nadal v Federer final.

Oh no! Shame he not in it, I like watching him, although tbh the Nadal V Federer does get a little boring after a while, year in year out at many tournaments too.:she: Least we have other interesting players getting better which will still fight it out. :lol:

although tbh the Nadal V Federer does get a little boring after a while, year in year out at many tournaments too

Ahaha, sooo true. Although I would prefer a Nadal vs someone else than a FED vs someone else. But of course. :lol: I love seeing Rafa get so into it, with all his fist pumps and roars after like, every point he makes. :she:

Well anyone watched anything from the opening day? Spent the last three hours watching Novak Djokovic beat Julien Benneteau in a great game. I haven't watched any Tennis for a long time - since last Wimbledon actually - but remembered it was starting today, so thought I'd watch that pair on centre court this evening. Just for the record, final score was 6-7, 7-6, 6-2, 6-4 to Djokovic.

Certainly following Wimbledon this year. :she:

Saw a little of the game that was finishing on Court 18 with Lopez and the other guy...forget his name....3 1/2 hrs they were on court!

Good to see the young girl get through Robson is it.

She went one set up I think, but in the end she was playing someone too talented. Then again she's showing promise for someone who won the junior competition. One too keep an eye on I think.

Hopefully he'll beat roddick and go through to the semis *fingers crossed*

I actually haven't been keeping up with Wimby these past week, hence why I didn't know Hewitt won against... Stepanek, was it? Whatever... It's on at like...midnight til 3.30am here, it's annoying me :lol:

Hopefully he'll beat roddick and go through to the semis *fingers crossed*

I actually haven't been keeping up with Wimby these past week, hence why I didn't know Hewitt won against... Stepanek, was it? Whatever... It's on at like...midnight til 3.30am here, it's annoying me :lol:

Yeah he came back from 2 sets to love down to beat Stepanek. He is playing pretty well at the moment, should give Roddick a good match I think.

Roddick will win it, he's looking strong.

As for Murray, terrific game lastnight, let's see how far he can actually go now. I'm loving Wimbledon this year! :lol: