Tennis

supergran71

Ugh, I was hoping on Davydenko to crush Sod like a twig but apparently not! No worries though, Gonzo shall crush him instead. :D

If Soderling plays how he has been I think that will be a very close match. He is hitting the ball so well at the moment Soderling, so many winners.

Federer and Del Potro both had routine straight sets wins last night and will meet in the semis. As well as Del Potro is playing I think Federer will beat him. They played at the Australian and Federer won very easily.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EVERYONE'S playing so unexpectedly well. and the one we expected to play extremely good is the one who bummed out. :D

Oh well, I shall cross my fingers and hope that Gonzo crushes Sod, then hopefully, it'll be a Gonzo vs Fed final.

Yeah, that would be a really good final. Probably the most likley one as well from here, although Soderling and Del Potro certainly cannot be discounted.

Yes, definitely. Although, I cannot ever imagine Soderling winning something as big as RG. :S

Yeah, it would be absolutely mental if he were to win it. I doubt he will though. It is rare that a guy like that has such an incredible run and then manages to hold it right through until the end. They typically lose some steam in the semis or final. Gonzalez did a very similar thing a couple of years ago at the Aussie Open.

Ahh yes fair enough. Right now, Sod had the first two sets vs Gonzo. but gonzo got the third one. Hold gonzo, hold

Meanwhile.

Rafa has pulled out from Queens. Knee injury. What am I supposed to do with this? What am I supposed to THINK of this? Maybe it is true, what they said. That he'll fade early, just like Borg. That his knees would give out soon. :D

I must have faith for Rafa!

Ahh yes fair enough. Right now, Sod had the first two sets vs Gonzo. but gonzo got the third one. Hold gonzo, hold

Meanwhile.

Rafa has pulled out from Queens. Knee injury. What am I supposed to do with this? What am I supposed to THINK of this? Maybe it is true, what they said. That he'll fade early, just like Borg. That his knees would give out soon. :readingtwo:

I must have faith for Rafa!

Yeah, apparently he is in serious doubt for Wimbeldon too. Hopefully he can get fit in time for it, be a shame if he was to miss it.

It is 5-5 in the second right now in the final of the French, Roger took the first. Hopefully he can finish it off and claim the career Slam and equal Sampras' record!

I usually don't like Fed fans in general, because I find most of them quite...Smug, but:

Yeah, apparently he is in serious doubt for Wimbeldon too. Hopefully he can get fit in time for it, be a shame if he was to miss it.

You're the best Fed Fan ever! :readingtwo:

ANYWAYS.

Now it's like, 6-5 Sod Advantage. I honestly don't know who I want to win. I don't like both, but... Fed winning his 14th slam, and seeing his smug expression afterwards makes me feel kinda sick. I guess he kinda DESERVES it, because he's a good player, blehbluh, but could he have done it with Rafa there, fit and healthy?

I usually don't like Fed fans in general, because I find most of them quite...Smug, but:

You're the best Fed Fan ever! :readingtwo:

ANYWAYS.

Now it's like, 6-5 Sod Advantage. I honestly don't know who I want to win. I don't like both, but... Fed winning his 14th slam, and seeing his smug expression afterwards makes me feel kinda sick. I guess he kinda DESERVES it, because he's a good player, blehbluh, but could he have done it with Rafa there, fit and healthy?

Haha, its not like I'm just a Fed fan, I like Rafa almost as much. I root for Rafa against pretty much everyone except for Roger.

I just have so many awesome Roger memories. I remember when I was about 16 and sitting up until 4 am in the morning and watching Federer be the first guy to beat Sampras at Wimbeldon in years. I was a massive Federer fan before Rafa came along, so he will always come second for me.

It is always good to see new faces win Slams, but in this case I wanna see Federer get the record.

Wow til 4 in the morning- that's dedication. Did you stay up in last year's Wimbledon too? Didn't that go til like, 6am in the morning or something?

Looks like Fed's gonna win this one in straight sets. Typical. :readingtwo: How in the world...Sod just beats everyone up very aggressively but when he comes face to face to the "Greatest of them all" he chokes. What is this!

Wow til 4 in the morning- that's dedication. Did you stay up in last year's Wimbledon too? Didn't that go til like, 6am in the morning or something?

Looks like Fed's gonna win this one in straight sets. Typical. :readingtwo: How in the world...Sod just beats everyone up very aggressively but when he comes face to face to the "Greatest of them all" he chokes. What is this!

It is pretty common for guys outside the top 10 to play extremely well right up until the final of a slam and then perform well below that leve in the final. Gonzalez did it against Federer at the Australian Open, Tsonga did it against Djokovic, again at the Australian and going further back Nalbandian did it against Hewitt in Wimbeldon.

I actually didn't stay up and watch the entire Wimbeldon final last year, I recorded it and watched it the next day. Great match, had everything.

Haha, its not like I'm just a Fed fan, I like Rafa almost as much. I root for Rafa against pretty much everyone except for Roger.

I just have so many awesome Roger memories. I remember when I was about 16 and sitting up until 4 am in the morning and watching Federer be the first guy to beat Sampras at Wimbeldon in years. I was a massive Federer fan before Rafa came along, so he will always come second for me.

It is always good to see new faces win Slams, but in this case I wanna see Federer get the record.

I wanted him to get the record, too! Really pleased that he did it. I've watched tennis for many years now and my favourite player was McEnroe but the best I've ever seen is Federer.

Andy pulled out? Shame indeed. Wonder who will win this year's Queens, ay. Fed would prolly win Halle. But hopefully it'll be a Fed-Rafa final in Wimby!

Yeh he twisted his ankle slightly at the back of the courrt when he stepped off the grass.

I hope Blake can beat Murray this afternoon but I doubt he will

:D:tong:

Well done Andy Murry, terrific performance against Blake. Didn't get to watch a lot of it.. but there was one superb shot that I saw when our Andy was running fast up to the net, then delicately glanced the ball with a drop shot so that Blake couldn't get there. Great talent, would love to see him do well. icon_smile.gif