Tennis

supergran71

I was so...shocked. I was in denial

:)

I went to bed after the third set too, I still had faith though. I was sure he'd show Soderling who's King of Clay, I was so sure...I could not believe it. Rafa lost, after four years? Well, it had to happen, ay. (but why so early?) Ah well... I'll get over it...

I have faith for him though, for Wimby and for US. He has time to rest this time, get Queens over with, then prepare for Wimby, ay.

I also expected Nando to win, he has been playing awesome tennis, he rose to the top ten, ay. I don't know now who will win. All my fave players lost already :D Maybe Gonzo, yes. Maybe Fed too. Maybe Del Popo... I dunno.

Yeah, Del Potro is playing great tennis. It is so open now, its mental. Everyone was just assuming Rafa was going to win it again and now it is totally open. Crazy.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm really disappointed that Rafa is out of the French Open but he has had a good run. I just hope that Federer can win it now.

He nearly got beaten last night. Haas was all over him the first two sets and Federer was playing horribly, shanking forehands all over the place and even serving pretty poorly, which is rare for him. Still he managed to pull it out in the end and only dropped 6 games in the third, fourth and fifth sets.

In the other matches Gael Monfils had way too much for Roddick whilst Del Potro beat Tsonga and Robredo beat Kohlschrieber, both four set matches.

Federer will need to play better to beat Monfils in the quarters.

There are two quarters tonight - Murray v Gonzalez is probably the best.

Yeah, I thought that Haas was gonna win last night, in straight sets, but I guess i hoped too much ay...I hate how Fed is basically getting handed the title now. I mean, I think he can easily beat Monfils and the rest if he tried. How lucky can the guy be. Seriously. :)(Sorry, I'm being very anti-fed at the moment)

For some reason, I don't want him to win RG. I feel like Rafa seems to OWN RG, that no-one else can take it from him. I need to get over it.

Yeah, I thought that Haas was gonna win last night, in straight sets, but I guess i hoped too much ay...I hate how Fed is basically getting handed the title now. I mean, I think he can easily beat Monfils and the rest if he tried. How lucky can the guy be. Seriously. :)(Sorry, I'm being very anti-fed at the moment)

For some reason, I don't want him to win RG. I feel like Rafa seems to OWN RG, that no-one else can take it from him. I need to get over it.

Haha. I am more than accustomed to the Federer hate. My 21 year old brother absolutely despises the man.

I would like to see Federer win Roland Garros. He is far from the player he used to be but I think the he is without a doubt the best tennis player I have ever seen and I would like for him to be able to retire having won all four majors and holding the record for major wins.

I don't know about him being handed the title though. Based on his form over the first week I would have a hard time picking him to win it. There are several guys in the draw playing a lot better clay court tennis than Roger at the moment, he really needs to lift his game if he is to win it.

Haha, sorry for the hate. :) I know I absolutely hate it when my fave player (rafa) is getting payed out. I guess you can't be a big fan of BOTH Rafa and Roger, no?

I am SO SO SO SORRY but...Federer winning Roland Garros would be horrible for me. I mean... The media would be all over it. They're ALREADY all over Rafa for losing, I can't bear to think what it will be like if Federer, the one who's been trying to win it for 4 years, finally does.

I still think Rafa's the best player ever. He knows what he wants and he gives EVERYTHING to get it, he works hard. Fed is more of a natural player, no? His talent comes naturally.

Grr, I hope Davydenko crushes Soderling like a twig. :D

Haha, sorry for the hate. :) I know I absolutely hate it when my fave player (rafa) is getting payed out. I guess you can't be a big fan of BOTH Rafa and Roger, no?

I am SO SO SO SORRY but...Federer winning Roland Garros would be horrible for me. I mean... The media would be all over it. They're ALREADY all over Rafa for losing, I can't bear to think what it will be like if Federer, the one who's been trying to win it for 4 years, finally does.

I still think Rafa's the best player ever. He knows what he wants and he gives EVERYTHING to get it, he works hard. Fed is more of a natural player, no? His talent comes naturally.

Grr, I hope Davydenko crushes Soderling like a twig. :D

Nah you can be a fan of both. Nadal is probably my second favourite player now, given that Hewitt is not really a factor anymore and Gasquet is going to be off for an extended period of time due to injury/drug ban.

Federer is definately the more naturally talented. Nadal is a great player don't get me wrong, but I think he would have been killed by a prime Federer on everything other than clay. Go back five years when Federer was motivated and trained exceptionally hard and had a coach etc etc and the man was the closest thing to invincible you will ever see on a tennis court.

He doesn't have the focus anymore. He doesn't train as hard, he isn't in as good a shape as he was. Take last night. He was shanking forehands all over the place. A prime Federer barely missed a forehand in 5 sets. I think he made 15 unforced errors off his forehand in two sets, that would never have happened when he was at his best.

I would hate to see a prime version of Federer play his current self, it would be a humiliation. The current version would do well to get to a breaker in any set.

Nah, I meant like, BIG FAN of both, as in equally. I don't think you can...

Yes, he dominated back then, didn't he. What happened with his coach thing though? Where did his coach go? :) Did Fed fire him or something?

Jeez, Fed really IS losing his touch. It's sad because he's such a big part of tennis now, he was just so good. He has so much respect, so much honour now... I wish Rafa can get that sort of respect sometime in the future...

But anyways..

Yes, Gasquet apparently got banned for drug use or something. I was shocked! I bet it's just some sort of mistake... I never woulda expected it from him. Wasn't it for like..two years now? Or was it just...6 months or something? Forgot :D

Nah, I meant like, BIG FAN of both, as in equally. I don't think you can...

Yes, he dominated back then, didn't he. What happened with his coach thing though? Where did his coach go? :) Did Fed fire him or something?

Jeez, Fed really IS losing his touch. It's sad because he's such a big part of tennis now, he was just so good. He has so much respect, so much honour now... I wish Rafa can get that sort of respect sometime in the future...

But anyways..

Yes, Gasquet apparently got banned for drug use or something. I was shocked! I bet it's just some sort of mistake... I never woulda expected it from him. Wasn't it for like..two years now? Or was it just...6 months or something? Forgot :D

I thought it was a year? And it was for cocaine, which is ridiculous IMO. I don't want to condone the use of cocaine, but the fact that using it gets you the same ban as blatantly cheating with steroids is insane.

Yeah, Federer has been losing it the last couple of years. It must be tough. When you win that many slams and you have such a young hungry bull on you all the time like Nadal is it would get tougher and tougher to keep the focus I imagine.

He was initially coached by Peter Carter as a junior who coached him until around 2001 or 2002 from memory before he died in a car accident. Since then he has swapped around a bit but never got comfortable. To be honest I think it is his lack of dedication to training that is getting him into trouble more than the lack of a coach. But I doubt it will matter. I think he will win at least a couple more Slams and get the record then he can ride off into the sunset.

I think Nadal can definately get the kind of respect that Federer has had. He may already have it. He will always struggle at the US I feel but he has proven he can win the other three. As long as he stays fit and healthy I can't see why he can't win up around 13 or 14 Slams either. He is a very special player.

Rafa said something in his second to last presser about kissing a girl who did cocaine, and that he spoke to Gasquet about the whole thing. Maybe that's just it, kissing a girl who did cocaine? I doubt it though...

Why do you think he wasn't motivated into doing more training? I mean, if training makes you better, you'd think that he would just do it.

Nah, everyone still keeps on underestimating him, the commies seem to always go for the guy playing against him. The audience... Well, I guess French Open's audience is an exception since they're just horrid.

And players are starting to fear him now, too. I remember when Fed was on fire, everyone was SO SCARED to face him, now its the same with Rafa too, especially on Clay.

OH, I just remembered...So if Fed wins RG...then he'll break Sampras' record, ay...I don't know what to feel about that..

Rafa said something in his second to last presser about kissing a girl who did cocaine, and that he spoke to Gasquet about the whole thing. Maybe that's just it, kissing a girl who did cocaine? I doubt it though...

Why do you think he wasn't motivated into doing more training? I mean, if training makes you better, you'd think that he would just do it.

Nah, everyone still keeps on underestimating him, the commies seem to always go for the guy playing against him. The audience... Well, I guess French Open's audience is an exception since they're just horrid.

And players are starting to fear him now, too. I remember when Fed was on fire, everyone was SO SCARED to face him, now its the same with Rafa too, especially on Clay.

OH, I just remembered...So if Fed wins RG...then he'll break Sampras' record, ay...I don't know what to feel about that..

Yeah, I don't know the circumstances with the whole Gasquet thing. It sucks though, Gasquet is the man. I hope he can get back on the court and back into the top 20 asap.

The French Open audience is pretty tough, but I think they just love to get behind the underdog. I think they like Rafa, they just get behind the lesser player a lot when they smell an upset.

Rafa definately has that aura on clay. That was what really helped Soderling. He hates Nadal with a passion so he wasn't caught up in it.

Federer will equal Sampras' record if he wins the French. I think it is only fair that Federer takes that record, he is clearly a far better player than Pete was.

I don't get it, why does Soderling hate Rafa? What, just because he's...better? I don't get it. Did he hate him even before that thing that happened between them in Wimby?

No I think the Wimbeldon incident did it. Soderling is a bit of a nut, but its good, you need those guys on the tour, they make it fun.

Ahhh right. I thought he hated him even before then, which would explain why he pissed off Rafa in the first place.

I guess those people DO make it fun. I kinda miss Djoker's old imitations, they made me laugh. And his stupid excuses made me laugh too :) He's an idiot.

Ahhh right. I thought he hated him even before then, which would explain why he pissed off Rafa in the first place.

I guess those people DO make it fun. I kinda miss Djoker's old imitations, they made me laugh. And his stupid excuses made me laugh too :) He's an idiot.

Yeah, you gotta have the fools, idiots and fiddleers. Without them its just not as fun.

Just saw the outcome of that match...didn't last long did it.

Andy on now. Wonder what his chances are !

He was never going to beat Gonzalez on clay.

Fernando has a real chance in this tournament. Soderling is playing some great tennis but I still give Gonzalez the edge in that match which would put him through to the final. It is tough to see anyone beating him given how well he is hitting it right now.

That Gonzalez guy can fairly blast the ball back over the net. Poor Andy did well in the second set...but after that no way was he gonna manage :D