Tennis

supergran71

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ended up only half watching the Murray match cos it was so boring. Glad he won but jeez, he's yawnsome to watch.

I do think tptb at Wimbledon miss a trick by not playing the middle Sunday, especially since the weather forecast for London this coming week is not good at all!

I ended up only half watching the Murray match cos it was so boring. Glad he won but jeez, he's yawnsome to watch.

I do think tptb at Wimbledon miss a trick by not playing the middle Sunday, especially since the weather forecast for London this coming week is not good at all!

Yes .. as long as they let all the rabble in .. like me :D and not the stuffies. It would be a dream to go .. like being dropped into my TV set :D

Bit hard on the players though .. they probably need the rest (blimmin lightweights :D)

What with the roof and all (and they say that No. 1 court will probably be getting a roof soon) I doubt they'll get far behind and even if they do it'll mean third Monday play and third Monday play is always great. Anyway .. have faith .. the weather will be great yes? :no::D

:haha: I was waiting for that post. :P At least you can watch at normal volume now. ;)

Murray takes the first set. He looked a bit cagey early on but finding his feet now.

Ahh .. peace and quiet reigns :P.. well done Sabine! She's much more adorable isn't she? .. or is that a purely female view? :D

No it's not - she's lovely, much prettier than Sharapova to these eyes :D

Currently watching Ivanovic getting her arse kicked. She's so erratic but I'll keep watching, cos it won't last much longer. Still in shock she made it to the second week ... :lol:

Oooh, she just won a game - go Ana! :giggle2:

:haha: I was waiting for that post. :P At least you can watch at normal volume now.

Ahh .. alas .. we still have Azarenka :DI am truly sorry for your loss though Ben :empathy:

Murray takes the first set. He looked a bit cagey early on but finding his feet now.

bloomin' rain :angry:

No it's not - she's lovely, much prettier than Sharapova to these eyes.

That's what I thought .. and what a lovely smile. Maria never smiles .. unless it's for money :D

Currently watching Ivanovic getting her arse kicked. She's so erratic but I'll keep watching, cos it won't last much longer. Still in shock she made it to the second week ... :lol:

Oooh, she just won a game - go Ana! :giggle2:

Yes well, the less said about it the better .. her consolation must be that she won the 'who's prettiest' stakes easily :smile:

Ahh .. peace and quiet reigns :P.. well done Sabine! She's much more adorable isn't she? .. or is that a purely female view? :D

I agree! I love watching her play as she seems to enjoy it so much, and seems genuinely delighted when she wins. I'm watching her play Kerber at the moment (and thankfully neither of them grunts!), and the second set has just gone to a tie-break :eek: Come on Sabine!!!

I actually find the noise Azarenka makes more annoying than Sharapova ... but there's not much in it :rolleyes:

Looks like it's going to be an easy run to the title for Serena now. I thought the only ones who might beat her were Sharapova or Kvitova ...

Was that the NHL player Alex Ovechkin I spied watching Kirilenko?

Edit: It was! From her Wikipedia page: "In November 2011, Russian hockey player Alexander Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals identified Kirilenko as his girlfriend on his Twitter account"

And his must've just been updated today: "It was reported during Wimbledon 2012 that he is dating Russian Tennis player Maria Kirilenko. He attended her Quarterfinal match during the tournament."

:lol:

Edited by Karsa Orlong

Meh! Blimmin' Azarenka. Never thought I'd say this, but I hope Serena kicks her arse :giggle2:

Hang on, Barry Davies is trying to make out he knows about the NHL, talking about Alex Ovechkin :lol:

Serena in another final though .. my boredom levels couldn't stand it. I'd rather Azarenka because that would give me someone to hate and make it marginally more interesting :o:D

I really wanted Lisicki to get through because I honestly couldn't care about the rest. Though I do like how neat and tidy Kirilenko is ... and Radwanska for that matter. I hate seeing all the bra straps .. drives me mad :D Who was that woman the other day in black socks? I would have defaulted her straight away.

Oh and another thing .. Tracy Austin :angry: .. the noise she makes is almost worse than the grunting.

Edited by poppyshake

Serena in another final though .. my boredom levels couldn't stand it.

I can't stand Serena, hate her demeanour on court. But I hate that noise Azarenka makes even more :lol: