supergran71

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, Federer didn't last long in Monte Carlo. He lost to Wawrinka yesterday. Jeez... He's losing his touch.

It is simply a case of lost motivation. The Federer of a few years back would destroy the current version.

Yeah, probably. His mentality's been better, but then Rafa came forth so it's kinda went down since then, I guess.

I don't think he trains as hard. To be honest he doesn't look in terrific shape to me and I think his strength is down.

Do anyone think Ana Ivanovic can defend her title at the French Open. She has improved majorly on the clay court, and even herself said she enjoys that court more now (probably only saying that because she won the French Open last year.) I am a fan of her and would like to see her back at No.1, and this time, a great tennis player at No.1. Her run as No.1 was horrible last year.

Is Maria Sharapova ever coming back to the court? And I mean "officially" coming back instead of that doubles mess she pulled this year that had her quickly packing and heading home.

• 2 weeks later...

ROFL, this thread keeps on dying. :) I shall try and keep it up!

Er. Rafa won Rome! Yaay! Against Djerk too, so another Yay! Djoker is actually very good on clay, he had some very great shots in the final. He did his impersonation of Rafa again in the ceremony. It wasn't really funny, since he's done it like, 500 times already, but I like how Rafa gave his permission first :)

ROFL, this thread keeps on dying. :) I shall try and keep it up!

Er. Rafa won Rome! Yaay! Against Djerk too, so another Yay! Djoker is actually very good on clay, he had some very great shots in the final. He did his impersonation of Rafa again in the ceremony. It wasn't really funny, since he's done it like, 500 times already, but I like how Rafa gave his permission first :)

Rafa is just incredible at the moment. He is the best clay courter I have ever seen play the game. His intensity on the court is just amazing to watch.

He is quite awesome. He's also beginning to dominate other surfaces as well. Of course he's gonna win RG, but wonder if he's gonna win Wimbledon again this year? Interesting innit.

Yeah, Wimbeldon is pretty much what I am hanging out for. The French is done, barring injury, and as good as Rafa is to watch it does take a lot of interest out of the tournament.

As far as Wimbeldon, I'm not sure. It all depends how fit he is coming out of the French. He is at an advantage in that he will be no doubt hitting the ball tremendously well, but I think he is going to struggle there. If I had to lean one way or the other I would say he probably won't win Wimbeldon but you can never count him out.

Yeah, I remember this guy once said Never underestimate Rafa Nadal in any surface ever, and I think he's quite right. He tends to be stronger and faster than what we think he's capable of. But yeah, he might be really tired because he doesn't have much rest between the tourneys he's doing now. :)

Yeah, I remember this guy once said Never underestimate Rafa Nadal in any surface ever, and I think he's quite right. He tends to be stronger and faster than what we think he's capable of. But yeah, he might be really tired because he doesn't have much rest between the tourneys he's doing now. :)

Yeah, a lot of it depends on how tough his matches are at the French. Who do you think poses the biggest threat to him at the French? I was thinking Verdasco but Rafa whooped him last week so I guess not. It is tough to see anyone coming near him there. Kind of scary in a way.

So far, I think Djokovic has posed the biggest threat for Rafa in clay. He's pretty good in clay, as much as I hate to admit it. Ferrer is quite good in clay too, but yes, I was thinking along the same lines as you with Verdasco. Thought it was gonna be quite a challenge for Rafa but, beat him down pretty quickly though. Federer's not really in it lately. Dunno if he'll be in shape for Wimby or RG.

So far, I think Djokovic has posed the biggest threat for Rafa in clay. He's pretty good in clay, as much as I hate to admit it. Ferrer is quite good in clay too, but yes, I was thinking along the same lines as you with Verdasco. Thought it was gonna be quite a challenge for Rafa but, beat him down pretty quickly though. Federer's not really in it lately. Dunno if he'll be in shape for Wimby or RG.

LOL, you hate Djokovic do you?

I remember when he first came on the scene I absolutely despised him. I'm not sure what I think now. Sometimes I think he has kind of realised that he was just being a dick and has tried to improve his demeanor, and other times I get annoyed with his lack of heart.

Eck, don't get me started with the djerk. He's such a stupid arrogant son of a banshee. uck. At least he's stopped doing the impersonations, apart from the trophy ceremony in Rome though. Still. what a jerk.

I think I despise Fed more though. now, HE'S more of an arrogant son of a banshee than Nole.

Eck, don't get me started with the djerk. He's such a stupid arrogant son of a banshee. uck. At least he's stopped doing the impersonations, apart from the trophy ceremony in Rome though. Still. what a jerk.

I think I despise Fed more though. now, HE'S more of an arrogant son of a banshee than Nole.

Federer has always been arrogant I think. Djokovic was kind of unsure of himself at first and couldn't understand why the public hated him, so he kind of fell into the "arrogant jerk" act. I think he is trying to get out of it now but it is a struggle once you are there.

I didn't really start to get into tennis til a couple of months ago, so I don't really know much about when Djerk or anyone really, first started. :D :mrgreen:

Yes, Fed's always been so arrogant. It's SO ANNOYING. And Rafa and everyone else still respects him. Ugh. I know, he's a great tennis player but dude. "sometimes the better player doesn't always win in the fifth set. It's just a matter of momentum"

Jerk.

I didn't really start to get into tennis til a couple of months ago, so I don't really know much about when Djerk or anyone really, first started. :D :mrgreen:

Yes, Fed's always been so arrogant. It's SO ANNOYING. And Rafa and everyone else still respects him. Ugh. I know, he's a great tennis player but dude. "sometimes the better player doesn't always win in the fifth set. It's just a matter of momentum"

Jerk.

Haha, yeah, I kind of know what you mean.

Federer has been my favourite player for a fair while now. Probably ever since I went down to the Open back in 06. He has always been arrogant though, no doubt.

Ah, I just saw you're from Australia! Do you guys have foxtel there? It's annoying how they don't show much tennis at all in Free to air. GRRRRR. They only really show AO and Wimby and that's it.

I would have to say Rafa's my fave one. He's the one and only who got me into the sport in the first place, saw that match against Verdasco in AO, and just got BLOWN away. AWESOME match. Unbelievable.